Guide to UMC campaigns / eras

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Iris
Site Administrator

Re: Guide to UMC campaigns

Post by Iris »

Adamant14 wrote:and there are still a lot campaigns left to add, I wonder what the maximum size is?
Two megabytes (2048 kilobytes).
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
Adamant14

Post by Adamant14 »

@shadowmaster:

Thank you. :)
Author of Antar, Son of Rheor ( SP Campaign) | Development Thread + Feedback Thread + Replays of ASoR
lipk

Post by lipk »

Yesterday I went through the list and copied the 1.10 entries to the 1.11 section for campaigns that are published on both servers. I copied everything verbatim, but on a second though, maybe it should be indicated in the "notes" part when a particular comment was made for the 1.10 version of the add-on?
Adamant14

Post by Adamant14 »

@lipk:
I don't see any problem there.
If someone notice any difference between a 1.10 and a 1.11 version, then we still can add such a note.
In the case of my campaign there are different version numbers.
I also think about to work only with 1.11, and no longer with 1.10.

And when 1.12 is released someday, then it would be a good idea to split the page into two, one page for 1.10 and on page for 1.11/1.12.
Author of Antar, Son of Rheor ( SP Campaign) | Development Thread + Feedback Thread + Replays of ASoR
lipk

Post by lipk »

I don't see any problem there.
If someone notice any difference between a 1.10 and a 1.11 version, then we still can add such a note.
Well, alright.
And when 1.12 is released someday, then it would be a good idea to split the page into two, one page for 1.10 and on page for 1.11/1.12.
I think it's rather going to be 1.10/1.11 and 1.12 (the release of 1.12 obsoletes 1.11, too, the new dev branch will be 1.13), but that's not a particularly pressing issue right now.
Anonymissimus
Inactive Developer

Post by Anonymissimus »

Personnally I use #ifver to have one and the same campaign for both the stable and the dev branch. Differences are mostly about syntactic things as opposed to things affecting a UMC guide or a review. I would advise people to do the same; it reduces maintenace load while widening campaign audience.
projects (BfW 1.12):
A Simple Campaign: campaign draft for wml startersPlan Your Advancements: mp mod
The Earth's Gut: sp campaignSettlers of Wesnoth: mp scenarioWesnoth Lua Pack: lua tags and utils
updated to 1.8 and handed over: A Gryphon's Tale: sp campaign
SkyOne

Post by SkyOne »

Somebody copied and pasted FoaP campaign for BfW 1.10 to BfW 1.11 section. There has not ever been FoaP version 0.9.x for BfW 1.11 (currently, version 1.2.7 for BfW 1.11).
Please not to put wrong informations on the list. I deleted it at this moment (because I am not sure it runs well on 1.11.5 that doesn't support my current OS).
Fate of a Princess/feedback thread: "What is in own heart that is the most important, not who you are."
Drake Campaign: Brave Wings/feedback thread, Naga Campaign: Return of the Monster, Saurian Campaign: Across the Ocean
Northern Forces - now on 1.12 server
Chief_Chasso

Post by Chief_Chasso »

I cannot find a link to this UMC guide unless it's through this thread. Can't this be linked somewhere on the main website, such as in the "Create" tab, under "What others have done"?

This UMC guide is a great idea, btw.
SP Campaign: Rally For Roanic
pyrophorus

Post by pyrophorus »

Hi !
Gambit already put a link here.

Friendly,
Chief_Chasso

Post by Chief_Chasso »

pyrophorus wrote:Gambit already put a link here.
I tried the following link, but was given this message: You are not authorised to read this forum.

I just want a link where I don't have to find this thread in the forums. Why can't it be in "What others have done" in the "Create" tab?
SkyOne

Post by SkyOne »

Chief_Chasso wrote:I tried the following link, but was given this message: You are not authorised to read this forum.
You are right. I got the same result.:)

The link is actually on this page: http://wiki.wesnoth.org/UserCampaigns#See_Also which is linked here: http://wiki.wesnoth.org/GettingStarted# ... or_Wesnoth
And it is linked here (GetingStarted): http://wiki.wesnoth.org/StartingPoints
Fate of a Princess/feedback thread: "What is in own heart that is the most important, not who you are."
Drake Campaign: Brave Wings/feedback thread, Naga Campaign: Return of the Monster, Saurian Campaign: Across the Ocean
Northern Forces - now on 1.12 server
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

Remove the f=16 part of the query string in the link and it should work fine.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
Chief_Chasso

Post by Chief_Chasso »

Great. Thank you. :)
taptap

Post by taptap »

You could have simply opened the "play" tab, it is linked there in a prominent place.

I am not sure how to handle the version issue. There are mainly two versions who will be played by players at a time, current development (a lot of single player players) and current stable (people active in multiplayer) versions. Listing campaigns twice that are identical is a bit pointless, but people playing on 1.11 won't look up 1.10 campaigns unless they get a hint. A list of links to the entries under 1.10 for the campaigns available exactly as in 1.10 in 1.11 on top of the 1.11 section and only campaigns limited to 1.11.1+ version with a normal entry under 1.11?
I am a Saurian Skirmisher: I'm a real pest, especially at night.
monochromatic

Post by monochromatic »

Sorry to necro this thread, but Guide to UMC Campaigns (redirect) has been updated to include UMC Eras as well. The new page title is Guide to UMC Content. If a taptap could update the title and link of the first post in this thread, I would be grateful.

Era builders, go post your eras on the wiki!