The Legend Begins [SP Campaign for Wesnoth 1.10 and later]

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Re: The Legend Begins [SP Campaign for Wesnoth 1.10 and late

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

Debug won't work for that one. :P
You have to kill both enemy leaders and then a variable would be added. You need to that to progress further. You can manually set that by using set_var with the required variable and setting it to 2.
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium
combination_soup

Post by combination_soup »

On 'gateway to the inferno' each time I have a guy stand on the symbol closest on the right side in the cave, the lower part will open up and I can go down to the other symbol on the bottom but nothing happens. Also at the same time any save file made after this point becomes invalid and is unable to load.

Also there is always somekind of error writton on the top left corner of the screen in every scenario.

I am playing the ipad version of wesnoth.

Thank you,

Tom
Duncan_Shriek

Post by Duncan_Shriek »

A bug in scenario 44x, case mismatch in the variable name for an unstore_unit: "stored.Fardin" should be "stored.fardin"
Elendil

Post by Elendil »

Started this campaign some days ago, and I just wanted to share/show some small, no-big deal mistakes. So far, I do appreciate the campaign :)

1- On Wesnoth 1.11.11, I got some LUA errors at every single scenario start. Cf. attached screen
2- Just some spelling mistakes:
At the academy, correct sentence said by Master Arvith should be "Aye. The vampires must have taken it back now." No "vampires are must"
In ch6x (discussion with troll's chief), Faria says ""Your Highness, if manage to eradicate the undead, ...". You need to add a "I" or "We" before "manage"
3- In scenario 4, there should be a bug (or nothing at all) concerning the name of the 4th faction/camp involved (the purples).
Attachments
Unusual team's name.
Unusual team's name.
LUA errors
LUA errors
manaknight

Post by manaknight »

I've enjoyed playing this campaign, I'm currently on the third part. I really like the different types of scenarios and shifting the enemy faction from time to time, and the story arc is quite good.

However, I've found a problem in the "Gateway to the Inferno" scenario. The AI controls your allies and since Shifti is under their command it keeps going forward to her demise without my units even having the chance of arriving (and hence ending the game in defeat). Is this supposed to happen or am I missing some strategy?
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

manaknight wrote: However, I've found a problem in the "Gateway to the Inferno" scenario. The AI controls your allies and since Shifti is under their command it keeps going forward to her demise without my units even having the chance of arriving (and hence ending the game in defeat). Is this supposed to happen or am I missing some strategy?
Yeah, that scenario is broken and then again, some parts of the campaign's broken as well (mostly story prose). I was remaking it into something much better, but I guess it's going to take more effort from my part.
manaknight

Post by manaknight »

ok, thanks for the answer, I was keen to reach the end of the chapter, the story is quite interesting, but it seems I won't go through that scenario.

Anyway, my congratulations on the campaign, I'll surely try it again once you finish it.
Couyon08

Post by Couyon08 »

Loved the campaigns but couldn't play this one. Kept getting this across my game. Version 1.10.5
Attachments
image.jpg
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

review to "war in the north" chapter 2 unification (playing on hard)

nagas, woodlanders, legionares, all 3 were pretty much useless, none of them lasted longer then 10 turns they were just crushed. helping them to survive would be placing the keeps of the woodlanders and legionares in that oasis next to them, so they dont get wiped out on the sand. for the nagas, maype place their keep in the deep water?

difficulty drastically rises from "Haunts of the Night" because you have to move to a designated place within a specific time. and my leader units are slow on the terreain, so i almost need all turns given just to move there. so i have to defeat every single enemy before my leader unit gets to a place, so my leader unit can move on with no obstruction. if i were slowed down by just 5 turns, i would lose. thats even harder then hard :/
ah yeah, the elves in "Haunts of the Night" did not recruit for some reason. could you check that?

cavaleryman can advance to two kind of mounted bowman, but they seem to be both the same

in "Meet the leaders" you get a dwarvish unit, but it is nowhere explained why i get it

in "Realm of Fire", could you let the player know that Mor-Inal runs away the first time you hit him? it makes a huge difference in possible strategies you can try
ballislife15

Post by ballislife15 »

I have two questions. On the scenario in part 3 where you face the nightmare creatures, one of the enemies uses jynx which temporarily decreases your defenses by 15% but this continues to effect multiple of my units throughout further scenarios and it does not show that they are jinxed still but the always have a lowered defense on every terrain. Another is about the vampire sword you pickup in the vampire metropolis, whenever I have a human pick it up it tells me they need more training and removes their old attack leaving them weaponless.
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator

ballislife15 wrote:I have two questions. On the scenario in part 3 where you face the nightmare creatures, one of the enemies uses jynx which temporarily decreases your defenses by 15% but this continues to effect multiple of my units throughout further scenarios and it does not show that they are jinxed still but the always have a lowered defense on every terrain.
That is a bug, I have been trying to fix for a month now. It worked flawlessly on 1.10....
Another is about the vampire sword you pickup in the vampire metropolis, whenever I have a human pick it up it tells me they need more training and removes their old attack leaving them weaponless.
That occurred due to a misplaced [then] sub tag. As a workaround, try taking the sword with a Royal Guard or Grand Knight (that's how I took it).
toronvolo

Post by toronvolo »

Hi, my first post here.
This campaign is enjoyable, well-balanced, very good story, long enough, some times difficult...
I have a problem in Episode 3 -retribution: Gateway to Inferno: i killed the enemies and i can´t kill (i suppose since it´s written in the dialogues) the last enemy Devan . My next step has to be to push 2 switchs or runes in order to kill "a machine" and obtain a way to close the portal and so on...
Well, i push the switchs and kill the machine but i don´t obtain nothing.Plus every new savegame after pushing the switchs results as "Invalid".
Where´s the problem? How could I finish the scenario?
My savegame attached just before pushing the runes.
Thanks a lot for your help.
Regards
TLB-3-Gateway_to_the_Infer..._Turno_36a.gz
(446.86 KiB) Downloaded 473 times
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator

Thank you for playing the campaign. Unfortunately due to compatibility issues, the scenario <i>Gateway to the Inferno</i> is broken. However, TLB is being remade to match a new story arc (with less plot holes) and it will be more enjoyable (albeit linear)
ahmannar

Post by ahmannar »

How´s going the progression of the rewrite?
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator

Considering the fact that my exams are a month away, then I have finished coding 3 scenarios (including a mega-scenario). I might be able to release the first 7 scenarios after the month of June.

The inclusion of Micro AIs will greatly benefit the behaviour of level bosses and I'm researching on the best possible combination(s).