Elf War (campaign)

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Mkgego

Post by Mkgego »

scott wrote:Well, I killed him, but the scenario continues because I didn't kill the other 2 leaders.

That's fine, but if you want people to kill all 3, change the objectives so they know what to do.

Alternately, you can change the scenario WML so you win when you kill the Troll general.

DONE ^^... I forgot to put an

Code: Select all

[endlevel]
result=victory
[/endlevel]
Now it its done...

PD: I think something is wrong with my pc or with my wesnoth directory, i never get an extra bonus for finishing earlier,this happens in all campaigns... :?: :?: :?:
Strange...
:arrow: Wesnoth 0.8.7 ---> It wasnt so always...
WoW C-Mode activated...
For the horde :D
scott

Post by scott »

:oops: I think I actually took the tag out when I was making the edits :oops:

make sure you add the key word

bonus=yes
if you want the bonus

[endlevel]
result=victory
bonus=yes
[/endlevel]
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.
Mkgego

Post by Mkgego »

scott wrote::oops: I think I actually took the tag out when I was making the edits :oops:

make sure you add the key word

bonus=yes
if you want the bonus

[endlevel]
result=victory
bonus=yes
[/endlevel]

I have tried this a time ago and now i have done it another time having the same result, no bonification...iam sick and tired(like the song...)...i hope that wesnoth 0.8.8 can handle my problem and give me those "!$!$!% turn bonifications ^^...If not... :evil: :evil: :x :evil: :evil:
WoW C-Mode activated...
Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

Getting the bonus works fine for me in Wesnoth CVS HEAD.

David
“At Gambling, the deadly sin is to mistake bad play for bad luck.” -- Ian Fleming
Mkgego

Post by Mkgego »

Thx to Dave I have my passphrase again ^^ and now everybody can donload version 0.5 ... If someone finds the bug wich make that no bonus for finishibng earlier comes, please tell me how to do it...or where is the error...THX TO ALL
WoW C-Mode activated...
Dumledore

Post by Dumledore »

Jow is to beet the lewel if i doesnt get monei 4 kiling the dwarwes ???
In te sekond scenario i doesnt get enouf monei 4 win!!Gife more monei !!!
Mkgego

Post by Mkgego »

Dumledore wrote:Jow is to beet the lewel if i doesnt get monei 4 kiling the dwarwes ???
In te sekond scenario i doesnt get enouf monei 4 win!!Gife more monei !!!
Sorry Dumledore but I cant understand you...
I think you are complaining because of the less gold you get after finishing a scenario right ???
I know that problem but cant find the problem anywhere...

PD: If you find "new" errors post it here...

PD: If someone finds the bug tell it here too :D (Iam sick of searching for it)
WoW C-Mode activated...
Mkgego

Post by Mkgego »

I FOUND THE BUG !!!It was so stupid that it was normal that i couldnt see it... now the bonus for finishing earlier is on !!! Now i need to balance the gold and post version 0.6 on the campaign server ^^ IAM SO HAPPY !!! :P :P :P :P :P
WoW C-Mode activated...
Dumledore

Post by Dumledore »

How it is suposed to finisch the map 8 doomed land ???I killed urbuk ant nothings hapened!!
I fint thad map wery hart !!!
Mkgego

Post by Mkgego »

Dumledore wrote:How it is suposed to finisch the map 8 doomed land ???I killed urbuk ant nothings hapened!!
I fint thad map wery hart !!!
1. Have you downloaded the latest version ???
2. Should work!
3. How in the hell have you reached that level so quickly???
4. Any mistakes in the plot??? (sure they are)
5. Of course should it be hard for you, it is the last scenario before the last of the campaign...(will beginn tomorrow to make it...)
6. I go to bed... :wink:
WoW C-Mode activated...
Dumledore

Post by Dumledore »

I macked it !!!I kiled urbuk ant now i must kil that orc in the mitte of the iland !!
Vor the mistakes in te plot im not te best to corect anithing...my inglish very very bad...i prefer speak german :D...
Wen will it be finished at 100%100 ???
Mkgego

Post by Mkgego »

Well actually I am at 80%-85% ^^ ...
The scenario you are playing Dumledore is the last one, I hope you can´t beat the level because I havent already done any epilogue for the end of the campaign...It is one of my points to do to have it at 100% !!!
In the last version I have added a file were it is written all the things iam going to do(missing/needs to me more perfect)...some of them need your help (maybe yours not because your english as you said is a little bad)...

Thx for playtesting it...
WoW C-Mode activated...
Dumledore

Post by Dumledore »

After te last scenariu i alwais get an erorr! no epilogue fount or something lique this!

In easy its to easy and in hart to hard!
Trias

This is why

Post by Trias »

:cry: This is why you get the ENTIRE campaign finished before you publish it. After my campaign is done 9-12 scenarios. Im having 2 of my buddies check it for me to make sure no mistakes, Then i give it to some people to playtest and if they find errors i fix them, THEN i post. I realize youre probably excited because its your first campaign but you need to think things through alittle. I look forward to playing elfwar WHEN its finished. My campaign should be done within the next 2 weeks. I have Final Exams so im a bit busy at the moment. :wink: Good luck MKGego
"I came, I saw, I conquered." - Julius Caesar
scott

Re: This is why

Post by scott »

Trias wrote::cry: This is why you get the ENTIRE campaign finished before you publish it. After my campaign is done 9-12 scenarios. Im having 2 of my buddies check it for me to make sure no mistakes, Then i give it to some people to playtest and if they find errors i fix them, THEN i post. I realize youre probably excited because its your first campaign but you need to think things through alittle. I look forward to playing elfwar WHEN its finished. My campaign should be done within the next 2 weeks. I have Final Exams so im a bit busy at the moment. :wink: Good luck MKGego
There is no reason to wait to publish. You can have the whole community check it for mistakes, and as long as your version is less than 1.0 it is understood that you are not done with it. He is smart to put placeholders in there because it DOESN'T BREAK saved games to publish a new version. My campaign hit 1.0 when all the scenarios and epilogue were finished and nominally balanced, but it was up on the server at 0.5 with 6 scenarios done, and I think it worked out well.

By the way, mkgego, I can start proofing now. La semana del inferno is over and I have time to do it.
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.