1.12 SP Naga campaign, Return of the Monster

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

doofus-01
Art Director

Re: 1.12 SP Naga campaign, Return of the Monster

Post by doofus-01 »

SkyOne wrote:doofus-01 wrote:
Was the Flame of Justice supposed to have an illluminates ability? It would make some sense, and the bright halo image indicates it might, but it didn't seem to have that effect.

You are right. But he is a neutral unit, and there are not any lawful units in the player-side... He has the leadership ability, though.
Sure, but the enemy are chaotic & unjust, they wilt in the face of the bright light of the Flame of Justice, no? It would help the player in an intuitive way, possibly more intuitive than leadership (though maybe that's a cultural difference?). And it would fit nicely with the visual hints from the bright halo.
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
| Abandoned: Tales of the Setting Sun
GitHub link for these projects
SkyOne

Post by SkyOne »

doofus-01 wrote:Sure, but the enemy are chaotic & unjust, they wilt in the face of the bright light of the Flame of Justice, no? It would help the player in an intuitive way, possibly more intuitive than leadership (though maybe that's a cultural difference?). And it would fit nicely with the visual hints from the bright halo.
Yes, I agree that it is more intuitive than the Leadership ability for the players, and it actually works well. This description of the Illuminates ability made me confuse:
This unit illuminates the surrounding area, making lawful units fight better, and chaotic units fight worse.
But the ability actually affects to all units.:) It will be switched from the Leadership ability on the next version. Thank you.
Flame_of_Justice.cfg
(4.24 KiB) Downloaded 269 times
Anyway, you have any portrait that may fit with Deliowen (Snow Princess) unit without a lot of modifications? The current one I am using is: modified from old-default Elvish Shaman 205 x 205 (by Alex_Jarocha-Ernst), scaled up to 410 x 410 which is not really good quality...
Spoiler:
Fate of a Princess/feedback thread: "What is in own heart that is the most important, not who you are."
Drake Campaign: Brave Wings/feedback thread, Naga Campaign: Return of the Monster, Saurian Campaign: Across the Ocean
Northern Forces - now on 1.12 server
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

SkyOne wrote:Anyway, you have any portrait that may fit with Deliowen (Snow Princess) unit without a lot of modifications? The current one I am using is: modified from old-default Elvish Shaman 205 x 205 (by Alex_Jarocha-Ernst), scaled up to 410 x 410 which is not really good quality...
Would one of these work as a starting point? They aren't really used anymore, I could modify them without making it too obvious they are an edit.
Spoiler:
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
SkyOne

Post by SkyOne »

doofus-01 wrote:
SkyOne wrote:Anyway, you have any portrait that may fit with Deliowen (Snow Princess) unit without a lot of modifications? The current one I am using is: modified from old-default Elvish Shaman 205 x 205 (by Alex_Jarocha-Ernst), scaled up to 410 x 410 which is not really good quality...
Would one of these work as a starting point? They aren't really used anymore, I could modify them without making it too obvious they are an edit.
Spoiler:
Surprising me! :D Thank you so much.
Either one looks good and seems fine for Deliowen unit, but maybe, one on the right fits with more her character because she looks younger. (the left one seems to fit with more her mother, actually.)
Fate of a Princess/feedback thread: "What is in own heart that is the most important, not who you are."
Drake Campaign: Brave Wings/feedback thread, Naga Campaign: Return of the Monster, Saurian Campaign: Across the Ocean
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

SkyOne wrote:one on the right fits with more her character because she looks younger.
OK, how is this?
Spoiler:
SkyOne

Post by SkyOne »

doofus-01 wrote:OK, how is this?
Thank you so much, doofus-01. She looks like the daughter of the Orcish mage and the Snow Queen.:)
Spoiler:
----------------------

Now the version 0.9.9 has been uploaded on the 1.12 server since Nov, 2nd.
- the portrait for Snow Princess by doofus-01 (above) has been installed
- the leadership ability of the Flame of Justice has been replaced to the illuminates
- the 2nd scenario has been polished
- the image of Nagini Queen and Water Encampment Keep (terrain) have slightly been touched
-----------------------

Version 0.10.0 has been uploaded on 1.12 server since July, 6th 2016

the changes:
- units IDs have been uniformed with their names on Carapacian Forager, Carapacian Infiltrator, Carapacian Protector, Carapacian Guardian, Carapacian Smasher, and Carapacian Hunter that is mentioned here
- a new unit, Snow Queen, has been added for the story reason, and her portrait has been replaced
- Snow Sovereign has been replaced to Snow Majesty as Snow Princess's advancement
- their attack-types of the freeze have been corrected to cold from impact
- portraits for elder-carapace and lord carapace have been updated

Because of the ID changes, crossing with version 0.9.9 (or before) is impossible after 04 Pirates Port scenario on version 0.10.0.
It could actually be version 1.0.0, but I just did not feel comfortable with it...

thanks
marat

Post by marat »

ru translate:
Attachments
wesnoth-Return_of_the_Monster.zip
.mo+.po of RoTM BfW_1.12
(336.85 KiB) Downloaded 248 times