Apocalypse/Fall of Irdya Campaigns - ***See for Details***

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

dipseydoodle

Apocalypse/Fall of Irdya Campaigns - ***See for Details***

Post by dipseydoodle »

It seems I'm back from the land of the living, hopefully for more then a few weeks this time. Anyway I devised some mock scenario layouts for my campaign; please bare with me, I'd like any ideas or help you can give me.

I've decided to layout the campaign series like so ---> Apocalypse Era (entailing the evil rulers of the Green Continent and their waste) leading up to the final hour, when Irdya explodes into a furry of fire and the exile begins into the vast reaches of space (beginning in the Naia System) leading up to the finding of a new home.

(basic story ideas - Not yet in scenario format )
-Chapter 1: Disgrace;
The evil king has drawn his last straw with the people of [needs name] (a post-*noth desert state), he has insulted the Kingdom of (needs name) to the north which has vowed to destroy [nation] with Boiling Oil and Hail Stone (a way of punishment in their place) and has hired spiritually(or supernaturally) corrupt witches to rule as governors or Sires over the people of [nation]. Angrily a daring hero known as Mordechai rises up to lead his scared people out of [nation], and take them to a new home. Mordechai and his band must go through many troubles before reaching the land, and once they do they must fight the fierce Giants.
-Chapter 2: Judgement;
After advancing to the City of Mockery, Mordechai and his band raze the city to the ground, they meet a traveler (whom they believe is a prophet) who gives them his blessing. He tells them to settle the land but only for a year; this is not their destined home.
-->Possible pre-scenrio story:
And we razed the entire city. The inhabitants and livestock were not spared; not even the innocent giants were saved from our swords - for we knew that if we did not, they would one day become powerful and destroy us. Then I saw a passer by who looked like a Prophet of the Mighty Eloh. He came to me saying "I give you my blessing; but also come baring a message. Settle here and set up camp. For aslong as a year you will live in this land, but after that your will burn your encampments and seek your new home." With that I said to him, "but is this not the land we were to find?" He looked at me with honesty and said "No! This whole land will be destroyed with Fire, and Mercury bathed in Blood." Then I said, "where is this land to where we are going?" He replied more fervently "I tell you not just this land but the Whole Land shall be engulfed! All of the stars in the sky count One Hundred Billion, and not one shall be removed. Find your home out there!"
```
-Chapter 3: Apocalypse;
The year has expired and now Mordechai dies of old age and passes the torch to a young new leader [needs a name]. This new leader must lead Mordechai's band out of the Land of Giants and witness the terrible Cataclysm.
-Chapter 4: Still deciding....
Last edited by dipseydoodle on March 7th, 2012, 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
artisticdude
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Apocalypse/Fall of Irdya Campaigns - ***See for Details*

Post by artisticdude »

dipseydoodle wrote:-Chapter 1: Disgracel;
The evil king has drawn his last straw with the people of [needs name] (a post-*noth desert state), he has insulted the Kingdom of (needs name) to the north which has vowed to destroy [nation] with Boiling Oil and Hail Stone (a way of punishment in their place) and has hired spiritually(or supernaturally) corrupt witches to rule as governors or Sires over the people of [nation]. Angrily a daring hero known as Mordechai rises up to lead his scared people out of [nation], and take them to a new home. Mordechai and his band must go through many troubles before reaching the land, and once they do they must fight the fierce Giants.
Hmm. Seems like a good start, but I've got a few questions:

1. Why would the people just up and leave in search of a new homeland rather than just deposing the evil king & his minions?
2. Why do they fight the fierce Giants once they reach the new land? Are they forcing the Giants out of their land in order to claim it as their own? Or do the giants attack them for some reason after they've already settled into their new homeland?

Also, the name Mordechai makes me think of this guy. And I don't imagine I'm the only one who will make that connection. Just saying. :wink:
"I'm never wrong. One time I thought I was wrong, but I was mistaken."
dipseydoodle

Post by dipseydoodle »

Yes well that is where I got the name lol. Anyway, didn't Dave take inspiration from the book of esther of something for one of the early campaigns... Also the original post. I'm trying to give it a "Deserty" feeling also, the Bible I'll be honest is a great source of influence for all of my campaigns but I'm not trying to force the Bible on anybody. If you have a better name please tell me.
artisticdude
Moderator Emeritus

Post by artisticdude »

Oh, don't get me wrong; I'm not implying that I think you're trying to evangelize anyone. The name's fine by me, I'm just pointing out a possible association that a number of people may make when they see the character's name.
"I'm never wrong. One time I thought I was wrong, but I was mistaken."
dipseydoodle

Post by dipseydoodle »

Alright, fair enough, I understand where you are coming from. I will seek to come up with a more reasonable name and revise the description a bit so that it is more understandable.
dipseydoodle

Post by dipseydoodle »

***Timeline***the word *noth will represent the nation we are seeing.

___CHAPTER I___
@The king hires witches to rule rudely over *Noth,

@Rebels try to stage a rebellion, but every time this happens the king's army just razes the rebels' village(s).

@Seeing the failure Mordechai (which needs a new name - though I really like it) seizes the opportunity to gather a band of *Nothians and lead them safely out of the city, meanwhile he proposes that they find a place to settle until the king should perish and give opportunity to seize *Noth themselves; but in his sleep Mordechai hears the voice of Eloh, saying "Mordechai, Mordechai. Do not wait for the king to perish! Flee from this place until you reach the Land of Gaints! There you will find rest, and it will be your new home."

@Mordechai leads his people across the desert planes until the reach the Land of Giants... Story continues.

---

I know this is all boring and stuff but it's cause I realy haven't had much time to prepare this yet. If you can hang tight, I can almost promise that you will enjoy it.
Pokonic

Post by Pokonic »

On giants: Inteligent ogres changed by the effects of the Great Fall? There not mentioned much in any post-wesnoth campaign I am aware of, and out of any race they seem to fit the big humaniod sterotype the most. (Barring Yetis, of course, but there as common as dragons in campaigns.)