GLE: An Elven Elementalist

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

GLE: An Elven Elementalist

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

An Elven Elementalist
After being banished from the academy, you must find yourself a new home

Length
7 scenarios

Difficulty
Intermediate

Features
You can customize your recruit list. (But only up to a few limited units)

Faction played by player
Elementals

Requirements
Wesnoth 1.9.13+ or 1.10

Dependencies
Latest version of Great Legend Era and GLE Extended

Feed back of Normal and Hard difficulties greatly appreciated.
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium
Gwynnedrion

Re: GLE: An Elven Elementalist

Post by Gwynnedrion »

Just download it and playing on Normal. After that I'll try on Hard and review.
”Rise, adept, and tell me about the enemy.”

You are a Horseman: you charge ahead without thinking of the consequences.(80%)
Jim Goodridge

Post by Jim Goodridge »

Hello, I am playing on normal and am currently stuck in the underground forest. Up until now it has been fun but in the underground forest I'm having a heck of a time. I'll keep trying to find a way to beat it.

Got through that scenario. I was just using bad strategy.

Thanks for the game.

Best Regards
Jim
FaeLord

Post by FaeLord »

You know, I really like this campaign. Great concept. The only complaint I have is that Gioviel moves so slow. It really screws up the pace. I lost the cave scenario just because she couldn't get to the sign-post quickly enough. I would suggest changing that just to enchance the overall playability.
Wesnoth stole my summer . . . again.
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

FaeLord wrote:You know, I really like this campaign. Great concept. The only complaint I have is that Gioviel moves so slow. It really screws up the pace. I lost the cave scenario just because she couldn't get to the sign-post quickly enough. I would suggest changing that just to enchance the overall playability.
That scenario is easy, how do you think I managed it? The trick is to just recruit 2 castles full of level 1s. Animated Rocks and Brazier Creations are the most preferred options. Gioviel should start moving at turn 2.
terrafin

Post by terrafin »

Enjoying this a lot, if you make another campaign it would be great to have more water terrain. Plus I downloaded this a week ago playing on normal and I don’t see the elemental's name or the attribute like quick or strong but I see it in their hp and movement. Will this be updated or am I missing a add-on. if there a forum with the names that would be great
terrafin

Post by terrafin »

Just finished an elven elementalist and ill put a couple of ratings. I've played all main campaigns and 6 add-ons tend to go for new races. 1Low 5 high

story
4- overall done well but ended to short if you have squeals that would help

difficulty
3- if you used defense wall then blast it worked out well. In ending instances if I had a solo unit they were as good as dead. For normal difficulty it went well and kept me entertained.

length
3- was short and scenarios didn't utilize all new units

new units
4- the look is very nice and their balance is different from main story balances. Didn't see unit names or attributes but I saw differences in unit stats.

usefulness of all units
3- out of the 7 new base elemental only 3 where heavily used. With the campaigns the fire, light orb, and wind I could do almost any instance and well balanced. The flying unit was good but was only useful to me in 1 instance except for scouting. The rock was alright but I would give it regenerate or steadfast. The beast had no real use in this campaign and unless it became an evading unit. I would use the wind, fire, and rock for attack over this, but level 2 did make it an utility knife type. Then the water unit didn't have the terrain to see its good quality, but it was less useful on bad terrainthen merfolk sshouldn’timpress me in tthis campaign.

Over all this campaign made use in showing a new unit type, and I think it be used with different campaigns.
terrafin

Post by terrafin »

Last part bunged out but basically the water unit I find very poor on land even compared to the mermen.
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator

Thanks for the feedback.
Its not mandatory for you to use all elementals units. Just use ethereal orbs, brazier creations and animated rocks, as that's how I did it.
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator

Uploaded new version. Improved AI behavior in scenario 4. Please update.
JKtheSlacker

Post by JKtheSlacker »

I've just finished this campaign. I liked it quite a bit, though the grammar could use a bit of touching up. Do you have a preferred format for patches/updates?
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator

JKtheSlacker wrote:I've just finished this campaign. I liked it quite a bit, though the grammar could use a bit of touching up. Do you have a preferred format for patches/updates?
Well, I was planning on improving the campaign in few years...But, till then it is not maintained...
lu_zero

Post by lu_zero »

It is a fun campaing, would be great having a second chapter based what you tell during the ending or few more optional scenarios.
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator

lu_zero wrote:It is a fun campaing, would be great having a second chapter based what you tell during the ending or few more optional scenarios.
Gioviel makes an appearance in The Legend Begins...And possibly in the TLB sequel