Strange Legacy - 1.16 RPG World (Markets Upgrade)

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

TheScribe

Re: Strange Legacy - 0.90 Wesnoth Trading Sim

Post by TheScribe »

I much prefer the new upgraded version.

However, I'm stuck. details below.
Spoiler:
Oh, you also said the Elves were to the west, but they're on the east side. You might want to change that.
Spoiler:
UPDATE: I just got a message during an encounter that said "unknown unit type: Wolfhunter".
Sorta on a break from the forums ATM, have been for a while. If I was doing something for/with you and I haven't recently, that's why, I will be back soon hopefully.
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

Thanks, it took me a lot of time. At the moment I'm planning to use a freemovement on the map. Actually I'm working on fireballs and magic that will fly from the caster to the specific target - this all works already but still looks odd.
Spoiler:
I embedded a way to jump to specific storymissions: This is available in the helpmenu in the betatester mode (jaume path).
Unfortunately it just contains a jump the chapters, but so you don't have to start over and over again. I will check the problem asap.

Following readers please note - I edited the answer.
Last edited by Heindal on August 6th, 2012, 10:26 pm, edited 3 times in total.
The future belongs to those, who believe in the beauty of their dreams.
Developer of: Trapped, Five Fates, Strange Legacy, Epical, UR Epic Era
Dungeonmasters of Wesnoth, Wild Peasants vs Devouring Corpses, Dwarf Dwarfson Dwarvenminer
TheScribe

Post by TheScribe »

Heindal wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Sorta on a break from the forums ATM, have been for a while. If I was doing something for/with you and I haven't recently, that's why, I will be back soon hopefully.
TheScribe

Post by TheScribe »

Uh, I just got this message: "error: unknown unit type: Allies" and the campaign crashed. It was at this point:
Spoiler:
Ulfsark

Post by Ulfsark »

Just wanted to say that I really love this so far. I have not played as much but I am really impressed by it and am inspired to try and create something with a world like this in the future, maybe somewhat of an open world party based RPG or something.

Also, This may already be in and sorry if I missed it, but I think it would be cool to hire body guards or something as well.

Thank you for your time in making this!
Author of Return to Ruins Single Player Campaign
zepko

Post by zepko »

Hey, here are some bugs I found:
1- some images have the path with \ instead of /, so they aren't shown on linux;
2- the ship can move after having attacked;
3- biggest one
Spoiler:
4- again in open seas, I was unable to leave the map because I had less than 100 fame, and I had to donate in the temple; maybe this was intended...
5- the ship doesn't keep experience when upgraded; this in not so important but still an issue... maybe the experience could be given to the human character?

Regards
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

Thanks Ulfsark,

if you should need help in coding for your project or if you want to use parts of this game such as macros or pictures feel free to use them, after all that is what gpl is about. Please note that some macros might still need a little workout and that they are fixed to side=1. I already thought about making a multiplayer scenario, therefore I need to change the code for the sites.

And yes, you can hire bodyguards! These are called mercenaries and can be called over the merc menu within the heromenu. Please note that the prices are extreme compared with the original wesnoth and that you just can summon a merc once - after that he feels that he has done enough for you, however if you should ever be in need of help when attacking a town or dooing a mission you can recall them in a camp. A powerful and expensive alternative are summons, that will allow a magician to summon loyal units. You can buy those spells within the spellstore, if you have the required intelligence and summon them in rightclick menu (hero needs to be selected).

There are several options to get mercs:
Spoiler:

Zepko, thank you very much for your bugreport. Hm, I don't know what went wrong, as I did the quest just yesterday. Its proably a linux related bug.
Oh yeah the fame stuff - I saw it yesterday when trying to fix the label, you are right with your solution.
I will upload a bugfix as soon as I have time - proably tomorrow.

By the way, the ship is intended to move after firing (just works with the ballista). This should represent its high speed and allow attack and retreat tactics - which seemed to be necessary as 5 nagas can be a real danger to your ship. The ship shouldn't get any experience - its a ship with a lot of crewmembers - that are ocassional payed by a random event (:lol2:). Its not a single person who is dooing that, so the main character should get experience for ship kills - even though the ship gets human achievements :P (I'm not quite sure if I change that). When I thought about shipbattles I always wanted to make a map onboard a ship, forcing you to fight off tentacles, nagas, seamonsters and pirates. Unfortunately those maps always looked odd due to a lack of borders and I haven't found any cool pirates to use as monsters - maybe in a later version ^^.

Have fun playing!

Best regards

Heindal
Dungeonmasters of Wesnoth, Wild Peasants vs Devouring Corpses, Dwarf Dwarfson Dwarvenminer
TheScribe

Post by TheScribe »

if you should need help in coding for your project or if you want to use parts of this game such as macros or pictures feel free to use them, after all that is what gpl is about.
So you don't mind people using your macros and so forth? If so that'll make a project I'm think about easier.
Poliuks

Post by Poliuks »

Hey! This is the second time I play this campaign - so far I enjoyed it very much (well, maybe in further parts it was too easy, since there was an infinite and fast source of money - diamond mine). I have lags when using my old computer, but I got used to it. These changes look really promising, however I have found one bug: you can't work in places like Dark Wood etc. with required tool, but you can do this without it. I managed to find a solution on my own: in the "PRODUCESPOT" macro you have to replace the line "not_equals=yes" by "equals=yes". Another issue I've found is that you always have min. 100 starting gold when returning to main map, even when you had 0 leaving a previous area. I have also found that you don't have to pay for weapons in the capital city - they are sold for free.
AfterDawn

Post by AfterDawn »

Great campaign!
This is the only RPG open-world wesnoth campaing ive played (I don't know if there are any others like it) and so far I'm really enjoying it.
I've only been playing for a few hours but I have encountered 2 problems.

1: Can't leave the imperial city - I got into an encounter just as I was selling things at the city food market. after i finished selling the game moved me to the
encounter map where I fought and won. However, after that battle, whenever I would enter the imperial city but not be able to exit. This error persisted even
after i loaded a game from before the encounter. So I ended up ending the game and I pan on starting a new one b/c its a lot of fun.
2: Money not subtracted after purchase - after buying certain weapons or armour the money wouldn't get detracted from what I had so I was able to buy
more than I should have. Handy, but i imagine that was not intended.

That's all I have for now. thanks for the campaign. I expect I will play more and post anything else I find.
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

Oh my, thanks Poliluks and AfterDawn for playing and your bugreports.

The buying and selling used to work in the old scenario - I will check that, but feel free to browse in the shoppe.
Its, errrr, not a bug, its a feature! :D

Ok it seems I need a bugfix soon and it has to contain more than I expected in first place. One more bug I found out myself is that you can expend the maximum space, when you find a product in the randomloot.

@The Scribe:

Even more than that - I'm even willing to share information/explaination about my macros or even change them in the wanted way. I was thinking about allying with dugi, cere and other rpg makers to make a solution thread for rpg related games. My idea is some kind of 'construction kit' for rpgs or an ultimate ressource kit. However - even though my macros work, they are not perfect. I'm still a novice in wml.
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

Uploaded version 0.91

including the following bugfixes:
- Producespots have been repaired
- Wolf Hunter is now corrected in encounters
- Products in Random Loot now work as intended
- Buying weapons will work as intended (I had to change that due to the new inventory concept - it works now)
- fame variables have been replaced by access
- newmapstory macro has been embedded - it should now work as intended:
(The bug that you could not enter a map had the background that the events where first time only events - I solved that)
- Repaired the Oldcapital Scenario - Sorry for that - one should not make 'tiny little changes' and than not retest a scenario, it was caused by an "Allies type" in the side defintion
- you can't access the heroes inventory when travelling on a ship
- picture changes (linux) and adding important infos such as attributes in the potion store and mana within the cast menu

added features:

- spellanimations - still don't know how that will look like on a ship - but it should look great on the map - the coordinates of your projectile isn't really finished - this is highly experimental and not finished :| (when casting a spell your character actually now really casts a spell (animation) and fires an icebolt or firebolt over the map - I could theoretically add anything here - an arrow, a bolt, a spear - so this could be really the first step of an real ranged combat macro)
- 'thieves and traders guild' included
- you can now use your teleportscroll to teleport your ship
- betatesters get an overall skill of 25, which allows them to test almost everything concerning skills
- betatesters can now jump to any storypart

not solved:

- You will always receive 100 gold when starting a new scenario - at least if you have less than 100. I always believed that the author of Brent found an solution for that, but in each scenario he just embedded the gold=0. I will change that in the next version. My solution is: Save the gold in a variable when leaving a scenario and than add it again - but maybe somebody has a better solution for that?
AfterDawn

Post by AfterDawn »

Yay, I found a new error!
both the bounty hunter class and the worker class initialize at gold 0, so the game says I lost before I even began.
i.e. those two classes are unplayable at the moment.

and as a side note, the trader starts out with 200 hundred gold instead of 100, was that intended?

I hope these help, thanks for the speedy upload.
AfterDawn

Post by AfterDawn »

Found two more bugs.
1: upgrade one, upgrade all - every time I increase one of my attributes, any attributes that I have upgraded in the past also increase by one. which is nice because my character is leveling real fast.

2: can't sell town wine - I thought I would be clever and buy wine at the village to the south east of the capital and sell it at the capital for a higher price. However, for whatever reason, my gold purse would increase but the game wouldn't let me buy anything with the money earned off the wine.
zepko

Post by zepko »

Some other issues:
1- in the desert, you should change the id scenario of Banditcamp and Monsternest with Banditcampdesert and Monsternestdesert;
2- in Banditcampdesert, you should change the {CONTINUE TraderReturn} command with {CONTINUE Desert};
3- not all units I kill in the desert seem to give me the bounty.

Also, there's something else wrong in Monsternestdesert: I found myself in the monster nest (but not desert), I got the message "Arif nest" and in the map there were no enemies. When I returned I arrived in the mainland (not in the desert) and the mission was still not completed...