Strange Legacy - 1.16 RPG World (Markets Upgrade)

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Heindal

Re: Strange Legacy - 1.072 RPG World - finished

Post by Heindal »

Thanks your feedback is very helpful as I will be able to fix several issues with the next update.

- The "get on board" label should be placed, but as far as I know it shows after ending turn, which is not likely to happen with infinite turns.
- I've just repaired the piratenest mission, it should just work when you are on a ship.
- Enchanted net is one of the very few lefthandweapons. So it will by theory allow you to have a defensive as well as an offensive ranged weapon.
- treasure hunt is unfortunately a little bit buggy, especially when you hunt multiple treasures, but you should be able to hunt more than one at once.
- its not intended to reward "bonus level points" in form of exp, you will receive additional gold instead, your level and your charisma influence this gold bonus
The future belongs to those, who believe in the beauty of their dreams.
Developer of: Trapped, Five Fates, Strange Legacy, Epical, UR Epic Era
Dungeonmasters of Wesnoth, Wild Peasants vs Devouring Corpses, Dwarf Dwarfson Dwarvenminer
Telcontar

Post by Telcontar »

Hi,
Another bug found: When recalling a unit, it may still be poisoned (but fully healed) from a previous battle.
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

True at least when it comes to a status such as Venom, Wounded and Heavily Wounded. These are abilities and you will have to heal these unit by using a healing item, such as antidote or bandage.
Dungeonmasters of Wesnoth, Wild Peasants vs Devouring Corpses, Dwarf Dwarfson Dwarvenminer
Telcontar

Post by Telcontar »

Heindal wrote:True at least when it comes to a status such as Venom, Wounded and Heavily Wounded. These are abilities and you will have to heal these unit by using a healing item, such as antidote or bandage.
Yes, but other statuses like "cursed" also persist and render a unit completely useless for recalling...

Btw, I have encountered the mission (global event) to fight against the caliphate, but even after a victory, the conflict persists. Is that intentional?
Telcontar

Post by Telcontar »

Hi,
This time unfortunately I've found a fatal bug; the save game becomes corrupt, I think, after fighting in the internal strive between the caliphate and the insurgents twice.

I have first fought once, but the conflict was not resolved; so I fought a second time. Again, I got some nice gold but the conflict was not resolved. It eventually was resolved on its own.

Unfortunately, this was after having already got one part of the amulet of three heroes. My last previous save game is about two hours prior :-(

Is there some way to save the save game?

I have no idea where exactly to start looking for what's corrupted (after unzipping the file, of course)...
Attachments
TRADER-Strange_Legacy_..._Turn_1.gz
Corrupted save; salvageable?
(1.94 MiB) Downloaded 146 times
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

Thus is strange and indeed a decent bug. I of course tested the solution of each conflict several times, to balance both sides.
It never had any problems like this. I will look into your save file and see what I can do!

I assume the problem might be caused by the endless movement problem. Have you ended the turn?
Sometimes you have to leave a map before the addon seems to understand the solution of a conflict.

Edit: I tried one solution - see attachment! I'm not quite sure if this will solve it, as you are using linux.
Attachments
TRADER-Strange_Legacy_..._Turn_1.gz
(1.93 MiB) Downloaded 137 times
Telcontar

Post by Telcontar »

I see that you changed some coordinates from -999 to 1. However, this was not the reason for the problem.

Unfortunately my old save file has differences in over 300,000 lines so hunting for the difference that makes the game fail is hopeless.

Do you have any other ideas how to find the problem? Which variables do you use to keep track of the three amulet parts, and of the conflict between the Caliphate and the rebels in the desert?

Maybe there is something wrong with these variables, and I can find the problem.

Is there any kind of debug mode in Wesnoth during loading a save game? To see any hint which part/line of the save game is corrupt?
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

It seems however to be a linux related bug - see five fates. It can be caused by variables with 999 or maybe even negative values. Corrupt Save games can also be caused by usage of special letters and signs in variables such as `. It might also be caused by wrong character Capitalization which will still run in windows, but not in linux.

The variable for the conflict is nomandrevolt=yes/no and variable for amuletpart in desert are saved as amulet3=yes/no.
However it can be that the macro for the amuletpart placement causes the problem in linux.
Telcontar

Post by Telcontar »

Heindal wrote:It seems however to be a linux related bug - see five fates. It can be caused by variables with 999 or maybe even negative values. Corrupt Save games can also be caused by usage of special letters and signs in variables such as `. It might also be caused by wrong character Capitalization which will still run in windows, but not in linux.

The variable for the conflict is nomandrevolt=yes/no and variable for amuletpart in desert are saved as amulet3=yes/no.
However it can be that the macro for the amuletpart placement causes the problem in linux.
Hi Heindal,
So you mean my previous save game works on Windows? That's surprising and also interesting.
I could not find any backticks in variable names, or any other suspicious characters. Sure, there are single quotes and tildes, for example, but that seems to be OK.

The unzipped save game contains non-ASCII characters 0A, E2, 80, and 99, but these also appear in "good" saves. The other characters which occur in the save game are

'a-zA-Z0-9._="~[]/:$ ,<>!+%^*()|#;?&\t'\'-'

being in "tr" syntax as a single-quoted string (a-z means a to z, \t is tab, \' is a single quote).

I think some of the more "questionable" characters such as $, <, *, ?, &, are still no problem and sometimes needed for the markup. I'm not sure why 0A, E2, 80, 99 are in the save but as they are also in the good save, they are maybe not responsible for the save game corruption.

If the save loads on your computer, I will take a look again (maybe the numerical values are bad)?
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

I just wanted to say that I did not have time to look up the problems. Even so I will check the save game there is no guarantee I will find the bug, as I can't even test if it works. I will try to upload a new update and solve the problem with the save game as soon as I have more time/motivation.
Telcontar

Post by Telcontar »

Hi Heindahl,
Thanks for letting me know, and take your time!
When sifting through the save game, I found that I was close to beating the game anyway. Once you have the diamond mine, you can simply spend about 10 - 15 minutes generating loads of gold for potions and upgrades, and then the remaining missions should be a breeze.

I really enjoyed the mid-game part where there was lots to explore and to do! The beginning was a bit hard IMHO (getting gold + XP), bit that can maybe be made easier in an update.
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

Well even so the diamond mine is supposed to make things easy, the chance for an banditencounter when carrying diamonds is increased to 50%. But with the use of teleport scrolls and later on even greater teleport scrolls the danger is indeed significantly reduced. I've embedded a chance for an reset of the market and season which will automatically do a market reset. I've also reduced the complexity of the helpmenu and outsourcing things such as camping.

But at the moment I've almost no time :/.
Heindal

Re: Strange Legacy - 1.08 RPG World - finished

Post by Heindal »

I've just uploaded a new version. Unfortunately I can't do anything about the save game problems in Linux. But there is new content and some bugfixes, that should give the addon a new feeling. Market changes have been repaired, seasons change the market and the terrain. Random city events have been added and a new capital map awaits to be discovered. Some additional missions will allow newbies to get some action very soon in the games. The new item clairvoyance scroll can be used to clear shroud and the dungeons have been overworked - giving them different looks, different dungeon factions that fight each other and random loot.
tribes55

Post by tribes55 »

Hello, sorry if this is the wrong place for this..

But is there someplace I can find a guide? I'm very interested with your campaign but I can't figure out how to do things.

For example I've just bought a bow, and it's not allowing me to wield it.
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

Well the guide is the first scenario - it is some kind of tutorial which will guide you through the basics. For reading these tutorials you just need to move your herounit to the spot where the label is placed. Tutorials grant some bonusses such as red wine, firearrowspell and an old helmet.

To equip a weapon or piece of equipment you will have to rightclick on your hero, select "Heromenu" and in this Menu select Inventory. Then you should be able to equip whatever you wanted, as long as the slot (in case of the bow the ranged spot) is still free. If the slot isn't free (for example some characters start with a ranged weapon or spell) than you will have to unequip the item first to see the other items. There is also a "help option" within the heromenu.

The campaign is however something for curious players and adventurers who like to discover secrets on their own. I wanted to make a wiki or youtube video to as a tutorial, but at the moment I'm very busy.