Strange Legacy - 1.16 RPG World (Markets Upgrade)

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

white_haired_uncle

Re: Strange Legacy - 1.16 RPG World (Markets Upgrade)

Post by white_haired_uncle »

In the attached, I'm about to die. After that, I will have no attacks until I unequip and equip my weapons. I also have only 20HP, which means I'm probably going to get killed again at the next encounter. Looks like I also lost my firearrow spell.

The other thing here is the rebellion. Is it ever going to work itself out? If not, I don't think it should be allowed to occur this early. With about half my markets taken away, it's hard/boring to advance and if I don't advance I can't do anything about the rebellion, so I can't advance...
Spoiler:
I'm playing the scholar(?). Maybe he could at least start with a sharp quill or something as a melee attack? With few HP and no way to defend against melee attacks, the encounters are pretty one-sided once the mana is gone.

EDIT: ... and a few turns later, I'm cut off from trading with the elves.

EDIT2:
Spoiler:
Attachments
TSL-Encounter-Auto-Save7.gz
(528.48 KiB) Downloaded 367 times
white_haired_uncle

It also does this for potions.
Attachments
crafting.PNG
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

1. Bad luck with the events. You can solve almost any conflict with gold, negotiation skill, armies or fighting. In case of the rebellion this is fine scenario where you don't have to lift a finger. However killing one of the captains fast, with spells should be possible as scholar, granting a bonus for the winning side. You can always teleport away a unit with a teleport away scroll, if you want to enter a place.

2. Lack of starting weapon: Buying a dagger or knife isn't so expensive (100 gp). If you have made the quest in the tutorial you should have fine shield and a helmet, which when sold allows you to buy some nice ingredients for crafting or even better starting equipment. Crafting with a scholar is considered as 'overpowered', because you can make money without even leaving your home (like a computer hacker :lol:).

3. When you die through a game error, which can occur, you can always use the repair hero function in capital city, which will restore your hero character.

4. Lack of gold? There is one easy way to earn some gold - go in the sewer and slay some rats. Once you did that, you will receive a good bounty hunter mission, where you have to kill x units in the sewer. Every units, even rats in the first part count. This way you can easily earn a few coins and even experience to face the dangers out there. Important are herbs and weed as it can restore your mana and health for cheap price.

5. The thing shown in the crafting menu is indeed a bug, however I tested this before uploading and it worked fine -,-. I mean it seems the game resets some of my fixes, I don't know why. I mean it's not the first time this happened. Strange.
The future belongs to those, who believe in the beauty of their dreams.
Developer of: Trapped, Five Fates, Strange Legacy, Epical, UR Epic Era
Dungeonmasters of Wesnoth, Wild Peasants vs Devouring Corpses, Dwarf Dwarfson Dwarvenminer
Mawmoocn

Post by Mawmoocn »

I think white_haired_uncle point was, bad luck occurring very early in the game (turns 1-100?), will kill your game, as you may lack gold or other features, as most of the things you mentioned, only apply if were given time to farmed enough resources including gold.

If you got struck with a unfortunate global event (or events that will "kill" you immediately, due to lack of time to gather necessary resources) within 10 global map moves, you can only restart due to heavy restraints, if you’re lucky to get these events :lol:. If this happens in hard mode (e.g. blocked cities), you will die due to moves costing gold. Not sure if not dying on hard with negative gold, is a new feature....

I agree to his statement, it might be really hard if you encounter bad events, within 1-50 global map moves. If you play easy and medium, it won't affect you if you know other ways to farm gold without the aforementioned city or know how to work around the bad event, unless you encounter "forced fight" events.

Lack of gold is tricky to solve if you’re inflicted with these bad events, in hard mode, if a city is blocked, you’re limited to traveling, which costs gold and will beat you, due to moves requiring gold. This won’t apply to easy if you don’t encounter events that forces you to "fight" and when you don’t select gold drain negative perk, for medium difficulty.

I have something to ask, in the past, you won’t gain any experience for casting any spell, but at the latest version, casting any spell will give you 1 experience point, is this a new feature or a glitch?

In the latest version(1.16.7.2), RPG difficulty gives a free level boost after starting the game. Is this a new unlisted feature?

Thank you for updating and committing time for this add-on, can’t wait to test more glitches soon!

Edit: I guess you don't die anymore on hard with negative gold on global maps. Not sure if its a bug or a feature for hard mode.
Last edited by Mawmoocn on July 2nd, 2019, 12:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
white_haired_uncle

A little while after the rebellion ended, Harbour City and some villages were blocked by undead, the elves cut me off (not sure what to do about this), pirates were blocking access to the seas, and then another rebellion kicked in. I can't tell if the new rebellion replaced the undead event, so I'm not sure if HC is effectively blockaded two or three times. To put this in context, all of this happened before
Spoiler:
In other news...

Later on I was ambushed by yeti in the North. In a frozen field, gathering grain pieces, including underneath a yeti, resulted in grassland (better movement for me, worse resistance for them). I'm not complaining, but I would think the land should remain frozen.

If you are hit by scare (or anything else that moves you from your current location) your pending moves should probably be cleared (if you can do that).

Random 5 repeats over and over until you leave. So far, I'm always successful, and my rope always breaks if I try to help with the goods.

EDIT: Check the trainer in Outlaws. The bottom image/icon seems way too large.
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

If you have problems with the worldmap you can always stay in capital city and hunt monsters in the sewer. The sewer especially the second floor is enormous and has an infinite number of monsters and even respawning treasures. So it's worth to go there.

It's intended that spell give experience when casted, it's intended that you no longer die with negative gold.
Dungeonmasters of Wesnoth, Wild Peasants vs Devouring Corpses, Dwarf Dwarfson Dwarvenminer
white_haired_uncle

Feed my dog: it's got a picture of meat. I have meat. I click on it several times, and I still have the same amount of meat. Is it doing anything?

Also, when you buy an army in Frost City, weapons are removed from your cart but the number of available cart slots does not increase. But then, when I went to buy armies I started with -4.

EDIT: When you use the Cripple spell, it will say X of Y stamina used. It should say X of Y stamina remaining.
Attachments
TSL-Strange Legacy - Trader Turn 1.gz
(2.32 MiB) Downloaded 329 times
Stahlrohr

Post by Stahlrohr »

Timeamulet and timering are buggy. If you unequip them you dont lose your extra strike. So attaching and removing the ring and the amulet again and again will give you as many strikes as you want
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

Thanks and fixed.

The super secret dog hut feed the dog feature has the following secret awesome effects:
Spoiler:
white_haired_uncle

Time to start a new page in my notes, so here's what I have....

than/then are used incorrectly most of the time. Than is used when comparing things, then is used with time and effects.

When you repair a tavern, she says she's giving you some beer. Unless it's light beer, or just part of the story, she's not (no beer is added to cargo).

I went to the castle near River City. I went back later hoping to unlock a chest I wasn't able to before, but was not allowed to enter. Is this going to be a problem for the Thieves' Quest? And isn't there a mission related to that castle?

Floating boots. I give up, what does 'floating' do?

The bank only allows transfers of 10,000 gold at a time. I'd like an option for 100,000, even if it replaced the 10,000.

The bard in HC says I haven't sung in taverns. I've been singing, poorly, in taverns dozens of times.

In encounters, my splashshow weapon affects allies (my caravan at least), though the description say it effects enemies. Not that I wouldn't love to be able to slow my caravan so the idiot wouldn't keep running out in front of me.

In some encounters there are enemies with spellimmunity. They aren't really immune to spells, not combat spells at least. And they are affected when I use my poisonstorm spell on a unit next to them.
white_haired_uncle

In the attached, sell your wine to the tavern. One for 710, or 10 for 50? Decisions, decisions. [working from memory there, don't quote the numbers but you'll see what I mean]

Other stuff...

Does the crafting book provide any function, or is it just something to sell?

I've equiped a few key allies with items. I'd like to be able to change them.

Playing music in a tavern saps all your stamina. I wonder if this is intentional or not.

Spoiler:
Attachments
TSL-Strange Legacy - Trader-Auto-Save2.gz
(2.42 MiB) Downloaded 334 times
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

than/then are used incorrectly most of the time. Than is used when comparing things, then is used with time and effects.
I know. Try writing a spontaneous text in a foreign language after a 11-12 hour job and voluntary "side job" as radio moderator without spell checker and we will talk again.
When you repair a tavern, she says she's giving you some beer. Unless it's light beer, or just part of the story, she's not (no beer is added to cargo).
It's obviously light beer. The reward for repairing a tavern is more or less 'invisible', but still awesome.
I changed the text to light beers.
I went to the castle near River City. I went back later hoping to unlock a chest I wasn't able to before, but was not allowed to enter. Is this going to be a problem for the Thieves' Quest? And isn't there a mission related to that castle?
This is indeed a problem I haven't foreseen. I will make the castle accessible again.
Floating boots. I give up, what does 'floating' do?
Floating should make you immune to traps, I was also considering to make the player able to fly, but that would have been a mess in coding.

Floating is a reference to an awesome dungeon crawl (considering the release date 1989) game called 'Castle of winds' by Rick Saada (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castle_of_the_Winds).
The bank only allows transfers of 10,000 gold at a time. I'd like an option for 100,000, even if it replaced the 10,000.
Yeah, I will add such an option. I was thinking about "add all". So far I added an option for 100.000 for store and redraw.
Because I have touched the code, I added a "Rob the Bank" option.
The bard in HC says I haven't sung in taverns. I've been singing, poorly, in taverns dozens of times.
Singing means singing not croaking. Your singing must be good enough to be counted as actual singing.
Intended, the description is wrong.
In encounters, my splashshow weapon affects allies (my caravan at least), though the description say it effects enemies. Not that I wouldn't love to be able to slow my caravan so the idiot wouldn't keep running out in front of me.
In some encounters there are enemies with spellimmunity. They aren't really immune to spells, not combat spells at least. And they are affected when I use my poisonstorm spell on a unit next to them.
It is intended that combat skills can hit enemies with spell-immunity, also massive spells are so powerful that they can't be blocked.
I'm thinking about adding combat skill to an extra icon, but than I have more than 20 icons in the helpmenu - I think they just support 6 or 7 due to mobile devices.
Does the crafting book provide any function, or is it just something to sell?
It will unlock the recipes in the compendium.
I've equiped a few key allies with items. I'd like to be able to change them.
Nope, that's not going to happen. I tried to pull it off, but saving something inside of a unit is reset as soon as you enter a new scenario and recall the unit. I just had problems with this extra feature and it took me like several hours free-time to just code and test it.

Trapped in deep water?
You can no longer be trapped in deep water. Changed that a while ago, already.
Heindal

1.16.7.4: Hagglers, Armies and Bank-Robbers

Post by Heindal »

Updated version 1.16.7.4: Hagglers, Armies and Bank-Robbers

- added option to the bank to redraw and store 100.000 gold
- changed description of splashslow
- you can now re-enter the Old Castle in the River once you reached the story-mission
- crafting with 'show all recipes' will no longer show additional recipes, when the recipe is indeed craftable
- bank-robber scenario will allow you to rob the bank, it's most rewarding and might change the problems bounty hunters have with income
- added two little jokes with references to 'Legend of Korra' and 'Känguru Chroniken'
- added a mechanic to block the use of teleport scrolls
- taverns now have a separate trading option to sell goods such as wine, beer or other secret goods.

Bankrobber scenario is explained here:
Spoiler:
Last edited by Heindal on July 7th, 2019, 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
white_haired_uncle

I keep encountering cave levels where the way to the next level is a single tile with no accessible tiles next to it. I don't see any way to progress.

Also, do you need to make the same change for the grotto you did for RC castle?

I wanted to be able to re-equip units because I gave weapons to certain units that I really want to advance, then found that in caves they have like 3% chance to hit anything. I picked up some weapons with hitchance, but I can't equip them to any units. I'm not seeing what makes a weapon/armor/etc in my inventory available to a recruit/recall.

EDIT: Found a "solution" to that little problem
Spoiler:
Note to self, do not use becharm attack on broken cart blocking the leave tile.
Attachments
TSL-Infinite Dungeon-Auto-Save1.gz
(767.39 KiB) Downloaded 335 times
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

Well it's not intended that it is not consumed, but at least it works for you. The number of weapons you can give to units is very limited.
Increasing the number would mean longer loading times and I want to avoid that.

Randomcaves are random. So it sometimes can be that your way is blocked.
As you can bomb away and destroy walls with picks you can reach any part of the dungeon.