Strange Legacy - 1.16 RPG World (Markets Upgrade)

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Heindal

Re: Strange Legacy - 1.16 RPG World (Markets Upgrade)

Post by Heindal »

Hi stt,

I'm glad you like it. There is a hidden spot in the desert (oasis), where you can find the third part of the amulet.
The location is shared by listening to gossip only:
Spoiler:

There is also a walkthrough here: http://heindal.de/strangelegacy/walkthrough.html

Some skills are limited to 100 (which can only be increased by items such as rings and amulets) to be better, but some professions such as crafting and smithing are limited to 1000. You don't gain hp for killing monsters for balancing reasons (it's a secure hit and clean damage after all) and because of technical complications from my side, as it is hard for me to identify which unit is killed and what the exp gain would be. In exchange you should get exp for casting spells. Infinite bomb throwing could be a relic from Five Fates, where bombs and resources are scare, usually this shouldn't work imho.
The future belongs to those, who believe in the beauty of their dreams.
Developer of: Trapped, Five Fates, Strange Legacy, Epical, UR Epic Era
Dungeonmasters of Wesnoth, Wild Peasants vs Devouring Corpses, Dwarf Dwarfson Dwarvenminer
peanutsam

Post by peanutsam »

Hey Hendal,

I'm running the most recent version of Strange Legacy and I keep getting these tomes as random drops. I have no idea how to use them. I have the skill that lets me read them, but they are not in my inventory so am unsure how to use them.

If anyone knows how to use them and wouldn't mind sharing that would be great :)
stt

Post by stt »

thx heindal for reply,

another question (maybe a bug): on exploring the world there can be random events (ambush) ; when i try to calm the bandits and i'm sucessful i get teleported to the mainland

greets stt
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

@sst - could be a bug, got to check.
@peanutsam - you can use tomes either by consumables which unlock powerful ancient spells. there are also some tomes and books that can be used to upgrade npcs and mercs by using right click and select "Equip unit".
Dungeonmasters of Wesnoth, Wild Peasants vs Devouring Corpses, Dwarf Dwarfson Dwarvenminer
peanutsam

Post by peanutsam »

The books don't show up in my inventory, guess no ancient spells for me :(
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

I've just rechecked the code, in case I've overseen something, but: everything is alright.
The chance for getting such an 'ancient book' is low:

Finding a tome means you will find one of the following books:

1. book - a book that can reveal different things: simple spells, skills, experience, scrolls, reading is required
2. spellbook - these books reveal ancient spells, reading is required and 19(!) intelligence to understand them
3. book of lightning - to train your npcs or mercs - Gives this unit experience
4. book of fate - to train your npcs or mercs - Gives this Defence and Resistance
5. book of strength - to train your npcs or mercs - Increases Melee Damage
6. book of training - to train your npcs or mercs - Gives this unit melee attack "hitchance" special

As you see, 4 of these tomes are only used when using "Equip Unit", which can be done when clicking on a unit of side 1 (your side).
The other two can be found in the "Consumeables" under "Use a Bandage" and "Amulet of the Three".
MisterSnuvi

Post by MisterSnuvi »

1) killing the flies in the tutorial doesn't trigger the achievement stated in the achievement tutorial (I killed the flies before triggering the event on the achievement field)
2) buildings can be upgraded without having the skill (tested at tavern)
3) inventory stats points don't count

I did some research on 3. There seem to be several issues.
1) around line 18120

[set_variable]
name=Objectbonussub$slotchange
add=$ADDGAIN$slotchange
[/set_variable]

You probably want this to be:
(e.g. you want name=luck and $Objectbonusadd$slotchange is luck)

[set_variable]
name=$Objectbonusadd$slotchange
add=$ADDGAIN$slotchange
[/set_variable]

2) around line 17759

[set_variable]
name=Objectbonussub$slotchange
sub=$SUBGAIN$slotchange
[/set_variable]

You probably want this to be:

[set_variable]
name=$Objectbonussub$slotchange
add=$SUBGAIN$slotchange
[/set_variable]

The problem is, that this routine also executes when Objectbonussub isn't set.
I did try adding a check here. It works, but then another problem occurs.

Equip some ring, unequip it ==> You will still have the bonus, the subract routine isn't executed, because both equipping and unequipping set "changed{SLOT}" and check on it.
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

I assume that killing the flies isn't working because it doesn't count the kill at all. So you will receive your reward for killing the fly as soon as your kills variable goes up.

Upgraded without skill > this could be. I remember I deactivated it. Note that the tavern and orphans home have been added as buildings on their own, to reduce redundancy. So I did the coding of the tavern manually. So something that works in the tavern, does not occur in other buildings.

Thanks, got to check this. I admit that I just checked the more important things such as hitpoints and defence.
Spirit_of_Currents

Post by Spirit_of_Currents »

How much hidden useful information is there in this campaign? What type of? I don't like hidden useful information.
There are very much electrical currents in my brain.
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

And I like secrets. I like the aspect of exploring and finding things out. E.g. Did you know that you can feed your dog with meatpieces and that this increases your options in the doghut? What is the doghut?! - that's a furniture that just can be crafted :p.

Mostly the rest of information can be found here: http://www.heindal.de/strangelegacy/faq.html
Theres is also a walkthrough for the entire game. But I admit I haven't updated it for a long time.
Spirit_of_Currents

Post by Spirit_of_Currents »

If you don't update the faq, I can only hope that someone other tells what they have found.

I don't need the walkthrough: I've finished the storyline on easy several months ago.
There are very much electrical currents in my brain.
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

Every piece of information is also in this thread. With each new update there are new things and I've described them here. For example those options to design own spells / armors / equipments / weapons as in elder scrolls. Maybe I should collect them somewhere, but after all this is a free-time project. And for now it's time for my radio show.
Mawmoocn

Post by Mawmoocn »

Greetings.

I played at an older version because I would have to download the updated version for wesnoth. Some of the things I’ll mention, may not apply to the latest version, I’ll apologise in advance.

Strange Legacy 1.16.3.2

Bugs/Glitch
Spoiler:
Typo
Spoiler:
<Invalid WML found>
Unit type "Crap" doesn’t exist. (Scenario: The Hegemony)

Questions
Spoiler:
Insights

Choosing a difficulty without knowledge, will make a big difference on gameplay.
Here are the things when picked, will be harder later inside the game, assuming you control your kills or do other measures.
Spoiler:
I bought levels to test something, and found something odd. Once you reach level 2000 (or any higher level than 500), dungeons would be packed with monsters, and you won’t have room for movement.

Maybe, you could put a limit on how many enemies you’ll face, once you reach those levels?

Facing encounters in high level (1000+) battles, might be impossible due to very high enemy damage, very fast movement(..........), invulnerable resistances(100%) and insane evasion rate (100%) .... good luck! (well... escape real quick)

Getting gold is not really balanced since...
Spoiler:
If you plan on playing harder...
Spoiler:

It was fun transforming, summoning, befriending bears? It’s quite amazing that you could create a war using your enemy troops (well... I was too weak to kill them all without wasting mana lol), it’s really funny when you became a dark sider for spells and change sides again for hefty amount of money... and when dark siders don’t acknowledge you once you got enough fame.

I enjoyed finishing the plot related things, I found it short once you do know what to do. I died a lot of times because of testing many things... I think I should play the updated version soon to see if my strategy would still work.

Thank you for making this campaign! It reminded me of games that I used to play which are fun and I kinda miss playing those games.
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

Thanks for the post, I'm glad you liked the scenario so far.

Earning Money

- Classes are not balanced, they just give you a way to play differently and play the way you want. Using classes can however unlock different ways to play and help you to discover achievements which in the end can grant you several thousand experience points. It's even worse in the RPG Mode (after all a Noble starts with a castle worth 5 million).

Glitches:

1. Continuous use of Firerain Scroll, increases damage and damages all units on the map including ally and player units.

Fixed.

2. Things bought while transformed that can be considered as spells/cargo upgrades, they only apply at the transformed state. Transforming back "deletes" any spells/cargo upgrades when bought while transformed.

You shouldn't be able to buy anything or enter a town. Will check the rest. Will overwork the encounters to avoid any glitches with water based terrain.

Questions:
Spoiler:
Mawmoocn

Post by Mawmoocn »

Greetings,

I think I’ll report other things once I do play the updated version.

Replies
Spoiler:

Questions
Spoiler:

Glitches
Spoiler:
Typo
1. Scolar -> Scholar
2. being -> Being (Bard/Thief/Trader description)

I have a bad hobby, I like finding glitches to exploit :lol: .

Transforming is exploit haven for experience control :whistle: . I like transforming a lot :D , it ends up nearly useless in very high levels though.

Thank you for you quick response!