Five Fates 1.11, Dungeon crawler

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

slotUSB

Re: Five Fates - Beta (0.24)

Post by slotUSB »

Hi, i dont tested the campaign yet, im goting error at begin:
$HOME/.local/share/wesnoth/1.10/data/add-ons/Five_Fates/_main.cfg

Error Detail:

Macro/file'~/add-ons/Trader/maps/Banditcamp.map is missing at ~/add-ons/Five-Fates/scenarios/Banditcamp.cfg:48 included from ~/add-ons/Five_Fates/_main.cfg:126
i founded add-ons/Trader/maps/Banditcamp.map

Cya
Heindal

Re: Five Fates - Beta (0.24)

Post by Heindal »

Ah, I made a beginner mistake, that happens if you code four campaigns at the same time. I will check and correct that.

Edit: Btw I repaired the bug, monsternest and banditcamps are missions that can be done on the mainmap after finishing the mainplot.
Its just on optional feature, but has to work as well in a beta.
The future belongs to those, who believe in the beauty of their dreams.
Developer of: Trapped, Five Fates, Strange Legacy, Epical, UR Epic Era
Dungeonmasters of Wesnoth, Wild Peasants vs Devouring Corpses, Dwarf Dwarfson Dwarvenminer
Joekoski

Re: Five Fates - Beta (0.242)

Post by Joekoski »

Hi,
I really enjoyed this campaign of yours!
But, :) I cannot get in the airship with my halfvampire (i started with him - it was quite easy :) ) after I killed all dragons.
Could you give me any advice?
Thanks, Joe
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

Hi,

thanks for playing.

I have no idea what might have caused this problem, I finished the game as halfvampire.

Did you use a spell to kill of the leader? Did you use the cheat or not? Usually you should get the variable to use the airship after killing the Ancient Dragon.
If you used a spell I'd say load the game before killing him and than try to finish him in the 'normal' way.

Hm, annother idea is to start over, cheat and jump to this level and try it again. I will review the code and see what I can find out.

regards

Heindal

(Edit: just tested it, I could enter the Airship after killing the ancient dragon - so far I'd say its not easy :D, except you cheat. By the way its the spot above the airship, you can not enter the airship itself. Unfortunately labels are always displayed at the lower bottom of the hex.)
Dungeonmasters of Wesnoth, Wild Peasants vs Devouring Corpses, Dwarf Dwarfson Dwarvenminer
Joekoski

Post by Joekoski »

Thanks for a reply.
I will try it reload and go throught again. I didnt cheat, it looked easy because of superpowers of this halfvampire (+reincarnations :lol2: ) - thats why I think I killed main dragon with just Simple magic (strikes) :)

I will report the result of second trial.
(if I would play in cheat mode and skip levels - my hero would be some kind of random leveled?)
Joekoski

Post by Joekoski »

Same again :cry:
I went on right hex (I am not stupid :wink: ) and it tells me: Nothing to see (Cheat if you want to enter)
any ideas?
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

(You are very clever indeed(!) after all you installed and played Five Fates! :? Ok, that was a lame one.)

There was annother request like this earlier before and he stepped on the wrong hex. I've got to check that, as I said - I tested it with cheating and it worked. I will check the code again, now! I will edit this post and enter my results. Well the one and only idea is to cheat and jump to the level again. Gosh, I think thats a hard bug and I thought I already fixed and tested this.

Edit + Answer:
Spoiler:
Joekoski

Post by Joekoski »

Thanks for your time!
I think I will play it again - HARD way :) without range weapons it looks like the most challanging.
I "cheated" into 6th level - free play level - but without MY character that doesnt fell right :wink:
Ok, bye
Heindal

Re: Five Fates - Beta (0.99)

Post by Heindal »

Five Fatezzzen Slash!

The new version (0.99) is out, and with it the Five Fates development will come to an end. I worked on a new version of five fates at the same time as developing strange legacy. But Five Fates took me a little bit longer and I haven't embedded all the features from strange legacy, but there will be some connecting.

- repaired several bugfixes (Dwarf Skilltree will now show, rebalanced levels)
- added new units
Spoiler:
- added new spells and abilities for the heros
Spoiler:
- enemies now can cast one of over 30 spells, there is just a 5 % chance (its more than that, but I don't know why ^^), but the spells can really change a lot and they will change and improve the gameplay
- new spellmacro: spells and attacks will now be shown on the map - fireballs and bombs will fly around
- improved scenario 4 and 6
- bosses can now drop spellbooks that can unwield powerful spells (if you have the reading skill)
- 2 new learnable skills: looter and reading (looter will give you gold for each foe that is defeated)
- added 2 additional endings - Final Boss Fight (optional) and a conquer the world scenario (if you decide to let the artifact to possess you
- extended worldmap (the entire world, I made this for the multiplayer campaign of world for wesnoth)
- additional weapons, armors, spells and weaponspecials
- several negative stats (wounded, heavywounded, venom, drunk, weak, infected,cursed)
- additional consumables (medicine (cures infected), pango (cures everything), coffee (cures drunk and slow), bandages (curse wounded), antidote (heals venom))
- new helpmenu option use items on allies (you can now use the above items on units, curing negative stats or heal them)
- additional interludium missions, you will now have to do side missions in the dungeons (they are randomly selected so each game can offer something unique or something you haven't seen before)
Spoiler:
- randomgenerated caves with doors and traps (this was tricky, I had to develop an own system for that, due to my lack of coding knowledge), this system isn't perfect, but it works and has potential - randomplaced treasure don't work however :(
gooby

Post by gooby »

Why does Five Fates require Strange Legacy to be installed on 1.11?
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

Strange. I really don't know, as I just changed the maprelated problems in the 11. version. I will check this as soon as I have time.
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

Uploaded a new Version (1.10 and 1.11) with following changes:

- bandages repaired
- graphic pathes repaired Dwarvish Tank and Dwarvish Engineer, bombs
- improved spellsystem: will fire last breath events, defence Animation of attacked units, increases damage against guardians and other 'resistant' units which can now be killed with spells
- repaired not working spells such as Masslifesteal and added a damage to the Masseffectspell
- replaced a link to "Trader" which caused a Problem, when Strange Legacy was not installed (it was just a single link that caused the problem :( )
- minor map and scenario changes and additional spells in worldmap
- more gold for cheaters
- enemies will now just attack side 1, so they won't attack Traders
doofus-01
Art Director

Re: Five Fates 1.0, Dungeoncrawl

Post by doofus-01 »

Hi,

I tried this on 1.11.4. Seems complicated - too bad there isn't a way for UMC to create help topics. Maybe it would be clearer if I stuck with it longer. From what you said in your May 20th post, I'm not sure if you're abandoning this, but if not:

I tried the Normal/Bowmaiden level, up to about turn 18 of the first cave. Some things I noticed:

1. In the beginning dialogue with the wounded elf, there was some gui layout error that caused many of his lines to get displayed twice. Sorry I don't have the error, see #3 below...

2. Same dialogue, there is an error in the portrait image file-path for that elf, so it isn't displayed.

3. Every turn, I get pages full of this error (and it overwhelmed my scroll-back buffer, so I lost the error in #1):

Code: Select all

20130612 18:21:16 error engine: failed to auto-store $unit at (-999,-999)
20130612 18:21:16 warning engine: variable_info: retrieving member of non-existent WML container, unit.id
There must be an error in one or more of your macros. While this error was happening, the game froze for a few seconds.

4. I think the trigger events for the monsters should be something like a "moveto" event, not a "turn x"event. I was fumbling around in the bat chamber at turn 15, when the ghouls spawned. But they were somewhere far away under shroud, so the dialogue didn't make much sense. The fact that a wolf pup was talking also didn't help (was it supposed to be a mercenary?).

5. Not sure this is a bug, but I found the "trap" concept really annoying. One of my wolf pups was walking down the path, when he suddenly disappears and a red "Trap" label appears. Of course, I could figure out what happened, but visually, it was lacking. And, oh boy, talk about "tomato surprise"!

Hope that helps. I realize you put a lot of effort into this, and I have a feeling I didn't see much of what does work because I didn't buy anything from the shops, but right now I found it a little too "rough around the edges" to continue.
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
| Abandoned: Tales of the Setting Sun
GitHub link for these projects
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

Seems this is a neverending story. As I completly tested the addon in 10.0 I assumed it would work in 11.4, without any bigger problems.
I indeed played with the dwarf and it worked fine and I never realized any mistakes like that.

1. Got to check that!
2. Probably they again completly changed the picture path for some units in 11., while I still use the stable 10 version :(.
3. :hmm: I'm sorry. This sounds like a horrible Problem. If I had seen this, I would not have uploaded the addon.
4. Traps have different animations: for five fates these are just two different animations: spikes and a poison cloud. I enhanced this system using different dynamic animations for other campaigns. But as the five fate version was some kind of prototype, it stayed the way it was. The picture path might be broken.
5. This is just some kind of weird joke. With the four other characters it would fit, as they just use humanoid creatures. This one just takes a random unit of side=1 except the hero. On the other hand one could argue that there is a telepathic connection between the wolf pub and your character.

Edit:

1. The gui error does not show!
2. My bad, the picture path has been corrupted by one of my search and replace actions. I fixed that now.
Also the skillpath of the bowmaid was broken, I fixed that too. Unfortunately the savegames will break in 11.4..
3. Same, did not encountered that, even so playing for 3 Levels. I assume this has something to do, with new turn events. If a unit has spike1,spike2 and spike3 all Units around it will loose hitpoints. However as no unit should have spike, this shouldn't show at all (and doesn't in my case). A linux related problem?
4. Animation Traps definitely show.
gfgtdf
Developer

Post by gfgtdf »

i just took a hasty look at your code, and i wonder why you have a "new_turn" event wich uses a very big "set_menu_item" in OPTION_HELPMENU.
Normaly you only have to use set_menu_item once, most likely in a start or prestart event. Is there any special reason you use a "new turn" with "first_time_only=false" for this?
i replaced "new turn" by "start" in th the helpmenu.cfg file and it cut the size of the safefile in half.
Scenario with Robots SP scenario (1.11/1.12), allows you to build your units with components, PYR No preperation turn 1.12 mp-mod that allows you to select your units immideately after the game begins.