Random Campaign 1.5.0 for Wesnoth 1.17/1.18 Beta

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

SigurdFireDragon
Developer

Re: Random Campaign 1.2.2 for Wesnoth 1.12

Post by SigurdFireDragon »

Thanks for trying my add-on and leaving feedback. :)
Enchanteur wrote: ...But loading time is quite long...
Yeah, this is a consequence of how I have to provide the random maps for each scenario. It wasn't as bad before I added the fixed map set. Nothing I can really do about it in 1.12 short of ripping out the fixed map set. I'll take another look at this when I start updating Random Campaign for the 1.13/1.14 cycle.
Enchanteur wrote: ...I saved my game turn 1 as explained above.
When I load the saved game, there is a bug.
Game say "ON_DIFFICULTY4" is missing.
EDIT : the loading bug happens only when loading a save from the inside game.
But it's possible to load a game without bug in starting multiplayer screen !
This is due to the fact that in Wesnoth 1.12, the load game pathways operate differently depending on where you load from. As Random Campaign takes advantage of the multiplayer screen features, it needs to be started and loaded from there. Nothing I can do about that. Just always use the multiplayer screen load button when loading a game for Random Campaign.
Enchanteur wrote:...But as wishlist, is there a way to choose more era, and set the number of scenarios ? Let's say it could be funny to play a random campaign of 20 scenarios.
Not sure what you mean by 'choose more era'. You can already select what era to play the campaign with, so I'll assume you mean playing a single campaign against random factions from multiple eras. I've had that thought. Maybe in the 1.13/1.14 cycle, but no promises.

As for playing your army in more than 7 scenarios & playing against factions from another era, there's already a way to do this. It works by using my Custom Campaign add-on with Random Campaign.

A link to the thread is in my signature, but the short version is:
1. Make sure you have completed Random Campaign at least once. (Your army is saved at that point, even if you don't have Custom Campaign yet.)
2. Install Custom Campaign
3. Start a new Random Campaign with the era of your choice AND with the Custom Campaign mod active.
4. Once the campaign is started, It will then let you choose any army that you previously completed Random Campaign with.

In this way, it will let you play more scenarios with your army and against a different era's worth of factions as well.
Because of the above, I'm unlikely to add the ability to choose something like 20 scenarios in one run as well. (Such a thing would also make the loading time issue worse as well.)
Co-Author of Winds of Fate
My Add-ons: Random Campaign, Custom Campaign, Ultimate Random Maps, Era of Legends, Gui Debug Tools
Erfworld: The comic that lead me to find Wesnoth.
Enchanteur

Re: Random Campaign 1.2.2 for Wesnoth 1.12

Post by Enchanteur »

Hello, thank you for the answer.
About to play more eras : I've just missed the fact it's already possible it look.
Because when I start a game I choose the era + campaign of the mod. I will try to choose another era instead.

I saw you made a mod about recall some units from previous campaign. It's great.
Maybe it could be unbalanced because units will be upgraded/leveled, and start a new campaign with could be too easy. Or maybe it need to change IA starts options.

I will play your mod with some eras, it's very nice to choose any era and play a campaign with, because there is a lot of eras that look funny and I never play it because I don't play MP. But it will be fun to play it in SP campaign.
THanks
French Player. For now, I'm working on creation of abilitys and units with WML. My goal is to make an enhanced version of Elves, playable with standard campains. HERE : http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php ... 58&start=0
SigurdFireDragon
Developer

Random Campaign 1.3.0 for Wesnoth 1.13

Version 1.3.0 is up for 1.13.5

Changes:
Remove some maps to decrease load times. Between this and BfW engine improvements, the load times have significantly improved.
Removed local inhabitants from Hornshark Island.
Side names in status table changed to Hero & Villian
A set of story pictures for the fixed map set.
Some story text changes
Code adjustments for 1.13
Significant code cleanup for simplification and to match convention.
My Add-ons: Random Campaign, Custom Campaign, Ultimate Random Maps, Era of Legends, Gui Debug Tools
Wussel

Re: Random Campaign 1.3.0 for Wesnoth 1.13

Post by Wussel »

I just tried to instal it. It does not show in campaign or multiplayer. Did I do something wrong? Custom campaign shows up in multiplayer. Wesnoth 1.12.5
SigurdFireDragon
Developer

Re: Random Campaign 1.3.0 for Wesnoth 1.13

Wussel wrote:I just tried to instal it. It does not show in campaign or multiplayer. Did I do something wrong? Custom campaign shows up in multiplayer. Wesnoth 1.12.5
From what you wrote, it looks like you're looking for it under multiplayer scenarios. To find Random Campaign when installed, from title screen Multiplayer -> Local Game -> On the Create Game screen, select Game Type 'Campaign'. It should then be visible.
SigurdFireDragon
Developer

Re: Random Campaign 1.3.1 for Wesnoth 1.13

Version 1.3.1 is up for BfW 1.13.7

Changes:
Fixed Map Pool:
Added Clearing Gushes, Ruphus Isle, Swamp of Dread, & Tombs of Kesorak
Removed Hamlets, Sablestone Delta, & Weldyn Channel

Locked use_map_settings – Everything that can be changed has now been moved under Custom Options
Added some more random dialog
Removed all Custom Campaign compatibility code. Note that Custom Campaign will still work with Random Campaign when it is released for 1.13
Code cleanup
SigurdFireDragon
Developer

Re: Random Campaign 1.3.3 for Wesnoth 1.13

Version 1.3.2 is up for BfW 1.13.7 and up

Changes
Selecting a Dwarvish Runesmith line as a leader is now a custom option for the campaign. When enabled and the player selects a Knalagan Alliance dwarf as a leader, it is replaced with one from the Dwarvish Runesmith line. Thus it works with any era using Knalgan Alliance as a faction.
Removal of the no longer needed RC eras
Simplification of the custom options turn slider
Minor code cleanup

EDIT (2018-02-05)
Version 1.3.3 is up for BfW 1.13.7 and up

Changes:
Updated code for compatibility with faction renaming in BfW 1.13.11
SigurdFireDragon
Developer

Re: Random Campaign 1.3.5 for Wesnoth 1.14

Version 1.3.4 is up for BfW 1.13.12

Changes:
Update extra_defines for faction changes
Update ToK data to reflect changes in mainline

Edit: 2018-06-07

Version 1.3.5 is up for BfW 1.14

Changes:
Make leader selection at campaign start work again
SigurdFireDragon
Developer

Random Campaign 1.4.0 for Wesnoth 1.15/1.16

Random Campaign 1.4.0 is now available on the Wesnoth 1.16.x add-on server for BfW 1.15.14 and up!

Changes:
Bump up enemy gold & income across all difficulty levels
--- the enemy gets more gold & income on nightmare, and gold & income values that were nightmare difficulty before are now hard, hard is now normal, etc.
Added music for the opening and closing story scenes
Make victory music play on end of final level when there is no carryover report
Ensure Era of Legends is loaded when playing the campaign
Replaced deprecated lua and wml
SigurdFireDragon
Developer

Random Campaign 1.4.1 for Wesnoth 1.16

Random Campaign 1.4.1 is now available on the Wesnoth 1.16.x add-on server!

Changes:
Add URM maps Archipelago, Mountains, & Mushrooms to the random map pool
Make victory message show at end of last playable scenario

Make sure you have URM version 1.4.1 for the new maps, otherwise Achipelago & Mountains will be less impressive, and Mushrooms won't be available.
If the victory message change causes issues with advancing to the next scenario,
try clearing the cache, or rolling back to RC version 1.4.0
primeprover

Re: Random Campaign 1.4.1 for Wesnoth 1.16

Post by primeprover »

Struggling how to work out how to activate the multiplayer mode. Is the current version SP only? It appears in multiplayer campaigns but doesn't give an option for modifying the number of players.
SigurdFireDragon
Developer

Re: Random Campaign 1.4.1 for Wesnoth 1.16

primeprover wrote: February 4th, 2022, 7:04 pm Struggling how to work out how to activate the multiplayer mode. Is the current version SP only? It appears in multiplayer campaigns but doesn't give an option for modifying the number of players.
Yes, the current version is 1 player only.
SigurdFireDragon
Developer

Random Campaign 1.5.0 for Wesnoth 1.17/1.18 Beta

Random Campaign 1.5.0 is now available for BfW 1.17.26 and the forthcoming BfW 1.18!

Changes:
No player visible changes.
Update some image references.
Replace some custom & deprecated lua with mainline lua.