Macro: Odds of winning

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Kingreey

Macro: Odds of winning

Post by Kingreey »

Hello Gentlemen developers of Wesnoth, I wonder if there is any macro or if it is possible to produce an assist in the development of maps, especially multiplayer, and he would have the following function: Using the algorithms AI of the different factions to quickly test which faction has advantage in the map produced, and which has more disadvantages, and the probable number of shifts per game, so to get a more realistic notion of balance in the production of new multiplayer maps.

I believe this would be a very useful tool, at least for me, because it would make unnecessary to make a game AI x AI with different factions and have to wait for the end game, if only interest me the results, moreover, would also serve to heat discussions about the maps, factions, and increase competitiveness. However, if such a program already exists, please show me it and disregard this message. Sorry for the English translator.

Thankful, Leandro Moura, Kingreey in game.
tekelili

Re: Macro: Odds of winning

Post by tekelili »

AI can not be used to balance Wesnoth map because is far more stupid than experienced players. Create an AI at best humans level is something very difficult. Remember it took IBM a lot of years research a computer able to beat the best chess player. Before that, people didnt ask computers who side has adventage in a chess position because only skilled players could answer that.
Be aware English is not my first language and I could have explained bad myself using wrong or just invented words.
World Conquest II
Tet

Re: Macro: Odds of winning

Post by Tet »

He wants to pit AI faction against each other to check multiplayer maps. AI has loosy use of terrain. So maybe no great help.
My Temple Project: http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=29800
This is "must-play" campaign! Don´t read the thread, unless you need help. http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=31895