Merry Christmas

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Turuk
Sithslayer

Re: Merry Christmas

Post by Turuk »

nathanson1947 wrote:I eventually managed to complete the third scenario, but it was on turn 53. I then found myself on the fourth scenario with only seven turns to complete it, which is an impossible task. Why does the timer not go back to zero when you complete a scenario?
It should reset based on the code they have set up for the fourth scenario. Can you post your last save from the third scenario? What version are you playing on?

Code: Select all

id=04_The_Return_Trip
    name= _ "The Return Trip"
    map_data="{~add-ons/Merry_Christmas/maps/traveling.map}"
    turns=60
    next_scenario=05_Epilogue
    victory_when_enemies_defeated=yes
Mainline Maintainer: AOI, DM, NR, TB and THoT.
UMC Maintainer: Forward They Cried, A Few Logs, A Few More Logs, Start of the War, and Battle Against Time
Desert_Shyde

Post by Desert_Shyde »

nathanson1947 wrote:I eventually managed to complete the third scenario, but it was on turn 53. I then found myself on the fourth scenario with only seven turns to complete it, which is an impossible task. Why does the timer not go back to zero when you complete a scenario?
The timer doesn't go back to zero because there is a set time to go through the whole story, but it doesn't matter to the plot which scenarios you spend more time on. So if you spend too much time on the second, you won't have as much time on the others.

You do know you don't have to defeat any bosses in this campaign, right?
The Militia
Merry Christmas
Journey to the North Pole
Atreides
Location: On the 2nd story of the centre village of Merwuerdigliebe turning the lights on and off

Merry Christmas re-released for 1.14

Post by Atreides »

After some work MC now runs beautifully on 1.14. A couple months late for Christmas but hey! I've added a few improvements but nothing drastic. Best of all 3 difficulties available now. I don't think anything human can win the hard level though... :-) Any alien super intelligences feel free to post a replay of such a win though. That I wanna see...
Atreides
Location: On the 2nd story of the centre village of Merwuerdigliebe turning the lights on and off

Post by Atreides »

Version 1.2.3 uploaded, minor fix to tinker animation. It now properly shows a hammer when attacked from range if it doesn't yet have the bow upgrade. Was small but irritating! :-)

p.s. Safe to upgrade in progress campaign, change will occur instantly as animations are not stored in save files.
Atreides

Merry Christmas 1.3 released

Post by Atreides »

V 1.3 is uploaded.

100% auf Deutsch übersetzt (translated into german)
Harvester snow throw animation upgraded to Lonely Era standard
Media files compressed, unused ones removed
.POT translation file generated
Atreides

Re: Merry Christmas re-released for 1.14

Post by Atreides »

Atreides wrote: February 22nd, 2021, 4:07 am After some work MC now runs beautifully on 1.14. A couple months late for Christmas but hey! I've added a few improvements but nothing drastic. Best of all 3 difficulties available now. I don't think anything human can win the hard level though... :-) Any alien super intelligences feel free to post a replay of such a win though. That I wanna see...
OK you smart alec... you challenged and here it is: replays of a win at hard.

; - )

I half suspected that I was off the mark with that comment. And now I go and do it myself. Lousy campaigner that I am. Obviously I'll have to adjust it a bit if even _I_ can win at hard.
MC-Into the Forest replay.gz
1/3
(18.91 KiB) Downloaded 65 times
MC-Harvesting Aufzeichnung abspielen.gz
2/3
(49.88 KiB) Downloaded 63 times
MC-Die Heimfahrt Aufzeichnung abspielen.gz
3/3
(35.66 KiB) Downloaded 64 times
Atreides

Re: Merry Christmas 1.4.0

Post by Atreides »

What a surprise, a new version. :)

Version 1.4.0
- difficulty adjusted easy now 14 days from 12 while hard 7 days from 8
- trees now have get hit sounds
- a few texts improved and translations updated as well as improved
- unused transparent portraits installed & others moved to small profile
- gift sound now uses unused holy miss 3
egallager

Post by egallager »

So, question about the music: which versions of the music files are considered the canonical ones, the MIDI files, or the OGG files? Asking because I want to make MP3s of them and am trying to decide which to start from
Atreides

Post by Atreides »

egallager wrote: December 27th, 2022, 8:43 am So, question about the music: which versions of the music files are considered the canonical ones, the MIDI files, or the OGG files? Asking because I want to make MP3s of them and am trying to decide which to start from
Oh the MIDI files are the originals. The ogg's are conversions I made IIRC.

Curious why you want to make mp3's... the midis are nothing special (far as I can tell) and you could probably download some very nice mp3's of these xmas songs that must sound a lot better.

Anyways, good luck with whatever you do. Merry Christmas. : )

P.S. Thanks for reminding me of these! On comparing the two I noticed that there is a annoying crackle at the start of every .ogg. I'd heard it while playing too but didn't realize it came from the conversion (presumably). Now I've tracked down the cause I can try and see if I can't manage a better conversion.
egallager

Post by egallager »

Atreides wrote: December 27th, 2022, 6:34 pm
egallager wrote: December 27th, 2022, 8:43 am So, question about the music: which versions of the music files are considered the canonical ones, the MIDI files, or the OGG files? Asking because I want to make MP3s of them and am trying to decide which to start from

Curious why you want to make mp3's... the midis are nothing special (far as I can tell) and you could probably download some very nice mp3's of these xmas songs that must sound a lot better.
Just a compulsion I have about adding any music that I find on my hard drive to my music library...
Atreides

Merry Christmas V 1.4.1 uploaded (improved sound)

Post by Atreides »

egallager wrote: December 27th, 2022, 11:01 pm
Atreides wrote: December 27th, 2022, 6:34 pm

Just a compulsion I have about adding any music that I find on my hard drive to my music library...
Hehehe... I may be guilty of the same. In fact I have all the sound files in my jukebox. Sure is funny to hear Bach and then the sound of a potion shattering...

Anyways, I've reconverted the MIDI files to ogg's and this time they sound much better. Uploaded today. They used to have a crackling sound at the start of every OGG. It was not the fault of the Wesnoth game program as I'd assumed but the fault of the Timidity software I'd used to convert the midis. Wildmidi software did a better job although it only creates WAV files. An extra step to make OGG from those, but worth the superior results. One file though Wildmidi added lots of silence to the end of so I ended up converting that one online (Sugar Plum, the sound is a little less rich than the 2 programs gave but it was crackle and extra silence free so... : ) )
egallager

Post by egallager »

I used Musescore 3 myself to convert the MIDI files