Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
19%
Reaper
9%
Scythemaster
4%
Shadowalker
6%
Shadow Prince
11%
Siege Troll
4%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
13%
Soul Shooter
3%
Swordmaster
14%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
7%
Werewolf Rider
3%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 96

dwarftough

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by dwarftough »

Ghash3 wrote: January 12th, 2021, 9:04 am Lotl1-Lost in Space closes without commencing the scenario. How to fix?
Could you send a replay of the scenario start? And maybe of the previous scenario too
Ghash3

Post by Ghash3 »

I found a work around by going back to "The Library" and then pressing "shift:n" before winning the scenario. It then loaded properly into "Lost in Space".

I've written over the 'lost in space' error file but I've attached the Library replay in case you want to have a look.
Attachments
LotI1-The Library replay 20210112-193251.gz
(366.92 KiB) Downloaded 16 times
Asiano

Post by Asiano »

Hello,

I've been playing LotI on my old PC, which unfortunately crashed. However I managed to get my saves from Wesonth. When I installed Wesonth and LotI on my new PC and copied the old saves (currently I'm at the mission Arctic Wastelands) and tried to play the game, after I end my turn, units on the board starts mutliplying, the game at this point is unplayable. I think that the problem might be in the version of the game? I installed LotI around 2 years ago and havent done any update by this point. When I installed it on my new PC, I assume I got the lastest version. Could anyone here help me? I attached my last auto safe.

Thanks!
Attachments
LotI2-Arctic Wastelands-Automatické uložení9.gz
(505.76 KiB) Downloaded 18 times
lhybrideur

Post by lhybrideur »

I think you are right thinking this comes from a version problem. Wesnoth and LotI have changed a lot in two years. What version of Wesnoth are you currently using. Two years ago, you were probably still using Wesnoth 1.12. try installing it, dl LotI on it and load your old save on it.
If I am right, it should work.
gnombat

Post by gnombat »

lhybrideur wrote: January 18th, 2021, 3:29 pm I think you are right thinking this comes from a version problem. Wesnoth and LotI have changed a lot in two years. What version of Wesnoth are you currently using. Two years ago, you were probably still using Wesnoth 1.12. try installing it, dl LotI on it and load your old save on it.
If I am right, it should work.
The save file is from Wesnoth version 1.14.5.
lhybrideur

Post by lhybrideur »

What was the LotI version then. Because LotI also changed a lot.
I have 3.2.1 version for Wesnoth 1.12 on my computer but I don't have any 1.14 version earlier that the current one unfortunately.
Looking at current changelog, it seems there was huge modifications btw each versions of LotI.
I hope someone will be able to send you a 2-yo version :s
Asiano

Post by Asiano »

Thanks for replies. I cant tell for sure, but I think that the vesion of LotI I used back then was 3.2.4b. Is there any way how to get the older versions? I looked through the gitub and found some older releases, but neither of them solved my issue. I tried to instal older versions of Wesonth, but that didnt't work either.
lhybrideur

Post by lhybrideur »

Using another version of Wesnoth would only add more problems.
I think you can only hope for someone still having the version you were playing :s
dabber

Post by dabber »

Have you tried going back to a save in between scenarios (the no turn number save)? Most of the LotI stuff automatically updates from your save file to current LotI source when you load such a save.