Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Developers

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Elvish Nightprowler
15%
Elvish Overlord
6%
Elvish Seer
14%
Elvish Warlord
4%
Exterminator
12%
Forester
3%
Goblin Ravager
No votes
Goblin Warbanner
No votes
Grim Knight
No votes
Faerie Incarnation
14%
Infernal Knight
4%
Lich King
6%
Lunatic Knight
9%
Monstrosity
No votes
Orcish Nightblade
No votes
Orcish Strafer
3%
Pilum Master
3%
Orcish Warmonger
3%
Phantom
3%
Predator
3%

Total votes: 117

GreatAlucard

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by GreatAlucard »

Is the Legend of the Invincibles beta for 1.15.3 considered playable for a playthrough from start of part 1 to finish of part 2?

I ask because 1.15.3 runs MUCH better for me, so I'd rather play on it whenever possible.

Although on this version I ran into a minor(ish) bug and I don't know if I should be worried about other possibly gamebreaking ones farther ahead (since I'm still very early on in this version).

What happens is the following - When starting a new scenario my units seem unable to advance to their latest non vanilla levels, which means that when they advance, if not already on what LotI expects to be their last level (E.g Grand Marshal can't advance to neither Duke or Dragon Rider, both units exist on the debug menu "create unit" but don't show up as possible upgrade on the Grand Marshal screen), they just get a regular vanilla advancement instead of getting anything at all. The debug menu still shows the LotI units though, including whatever unit I'd expect the initial unit to advance to.

It also seems like this only happens to units that are not already on their last vanilla level, as in if I recall an Assassin he will advance into Exterminator just fine, but If I recall a Thief he will just level to Assassin and then get vanilla advancements.

This seems to be fixed if I close the game and then reload the savegame, "unit description" shows their intended advancement levels again and they are able to actually advance to said levels, although the problem reappears once I get to the next scenario.

Edit: The problem didn't occur on scenario 5, so I didn't have to reload. I don't really know what specifically caused it before. Although it did happen again on the following scenario.

Edit2: The issue now happened in the middle of a scenario I had already loaded before (doing it again fixes the issue but shortly after it's an issue again), this plus the previous edit suggests that loading scenarios for the first time doesn't really play too much of a role in reproducing the bug. Still, it's somewhat minor and easy to fix, since 1.15 loads significantly faster anyway - Unless a unit advances into vanilla's AMLA without me seeing it in time to reload, but that's not all that likely to happen.

The issue seems to also affect the experience units need to level up, I started the prison scenario with Lethalia at 187/100 experience, she killed a unit and instead of advancing into "Seer" she got a vanilla AMLA at Sylph, I restarted the game, killed a unit, she went into "Seer" and immediately got a "LotI" AMLA, but I'm somewhat sure that the necessary experience for Seer is higher than 100, or even 187, the save still shows the required as 100 though.

As a side note to that, when she did advance into "Seer" instead of just advancing I got an option to choose between "Seer" and another identical "Seer".

Upon further investigation - the decrease on "Experience Required" for the next level is caused by equipping items. Seems unrelated to the previous problem.

Edit3: The issue seems straight up related to loading a saved game. Likely what happened on what I described on edit2.

It seems that the save will work just fine when loaded for the first time, but will sometimes bug when I load a saved game whilst already playing. Leaving to the menu before actually loading doesn't seem to fix anything, whereas closing the game does. I am able to replicate this, loading a save whilst already playing always causes the described bug.

Note that even when working correctly I still get duplicate of almost every choice when leveling up, including when there aren't supposed to be choices at all. LotI AMLAs are fine though, no duplicates.

Edit4: I don't know if intended but you're never warned to unequip items from Argan, Delly and Stormrider when they leave (the second time for the first two, you're warned on their first) - furthermore, they don't drop their items on the "Nemesis" scenario.

Edit5: On Chapter 4, scenario 1, there is a bug with the "Vampire Duelist" creation script. When "Vlad" (on turn 1) or any of his duelists attack a peasant I assume it was supposed to create another vampire duelist, although nothing gets created and there's a lua error regarding it being an "Unknown unit", the vampire duelist, however, exists, and the lord appears to be able to recruit them just fine.

Edit: attached a screenshot of an error message I've been getting a few times on different scenarios. I don't really know if it's bad or if it can be safely ignored. The second one happened only once, so far, on the "Twilight" scenario.
Attachments
Bug that happened on the "Twilight" scenario.
Bug that happened on the "Twilight" scenario.
Bug that appeared several times on a number of missions.
Bug that appeared several times on a number of missions.
Last edited by GreatAlucard on May 21st, 2020, 10:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.

dabber

Post by dabber »

It has been reported many times that LotI breaks in a fashion like this if played with debug mode enabled. Turn off debug mode. Never level a unit with debug activated. I think that once you get a game in this state it is pretty much broken. You need to go back to saves before it was broken or start over.

GreatAlucard

Post by GreatAlucard »

Which of them?

I assume you're referring to the AI Lua bugs.

Because the other "main" one I can reproduce on a new game, at the second scenario (since you can't recruit on the first), now that I know that it is caused by loading a save it's fairly quick to test.

I also don't think just having debug mode enabled would break anything, some commands could I'd imagine. Still the save itself shouldn't really have anything from debug on it, unless "create unit" and "unit advances" break the game itself and not the save, because I loaded previous saves after testing, sometimes I remembered to "nodebug" sometimes I didn't.

What I might have saved after doing is "create unit" and then "kill unit" when I wanted to test other units. I tried to always load a save before using anything but since there is no obvious trace after doing this particular sequence I might've missed some.

Still, without me knowing how severe these two Lua bugs are I don't really know if they warrant a restart. And the other "main" thing I described happens regardless.

boyoyoy

Post by boyoyoy »

Hey,
there is a bug with the items. My Efraim has a Rherraents sword - in the item menu, I can unequip a krux sword. If I unequip the krux sword, I can unequip the other sword. And if I unpequip this item a second time. - So If I unequip all swords on efraim I get one krux sword, and two Rherraents swords. I am not sure, but, if I remember right, I already did unequip the krux sword one time (that should be the reason, why there is already one in my inventory).
Attachments
LotI1-Schlacht um Ogira-Autospeichern7.gz
unequip efraims sword - three times!
(493.5 KiB) Downloaded 40 times
Still thinking about, if I should think about what I should think about...

dwarftough

Post by dwarftough »

I've found a huge bug in LotI2: it's possible to remove books & unremovable items! It can seem to be only beneficial for the player, but there is a drawback emerged: it's now impossible to put on two or more unremovable items. I gave my draining dwarvish battlerager the orb of demonic wrath and then wanted to give him the fencer's study. When I give him the book, the orb of demonic wrath gets unequipped

GreatAlucard

Post by GreatAlucard »

dwarftough wrote:
May 29th, 2020, 1:36 am
I've found a huge bug in LotI2: it's possible to remove books & unremovable items! It can seem to be only beneficial for the player, but there is a drawback emerged: it's now impossible to put on two or more unremovable items. I gave my draining dwarvish battlerager the orb of demonic wrath and then wanted to give him the fencer's study. When I give him the book, the orb of demonic wrath gets unequipped
Since I've finished the campaign by now, I can provide you with a workaround until the bugs recently reported get fixed.

If you click "TAKE" when the unit you want to have the book/orb steps on it, this will make it work correctly. If the book/orb is not on the ground you can drop it first.

If done this way, the books will stack correctly, but you will still be able to unequip / replace the last book equipped on the character (which is beneficial to the player, but not intended) - it is not a problem if you repeat the process on any future books/orbs you want to use though.

Scrapulous

Post by Scrapulous »

Hi, it has been a long time since I have played LotI, and I am wondering - what carries over from part 1 to part 2? Does the recall list from part 1 become available in part 2? Do items? Should I try to level up soldiers in Akula's dungeon or just finish? Thank you.

dwarftough

Post by dwarftough »

Scrapulous wrote:
May 31st, 2020, 12:40 am
Hi, it has been a long time since I have played LotI, and I am wondering - what carries over from part 1 to part 2? Does the recall list from part 1 become available in part 2? Do items? Should I try to level up soldiers in Akula's dungeon or just finish? Thank you.
Nothing. Only the secrets you discovered. No other stuff carries, you start from scratch

dwarftough

Post by dwarftough »

GreatAlucard wrote:
May 30th, 2020, 8:15 pm
dwarftough wrote:
Since I've finished the campaign by now, I can provide you with a workaround until the bugs recently reported get fixed.

If you click "TAKE" when the unit you want to have the book/orb steps on it, this will make it work correctly. If the book/orb is not on the ground you can drop it first.

If done this way, the books will stack correctly, but you will still be able to unequip / replace the last book equipped on the character (which is beneficial to the player, but not intended) - it is not a problem if you repeat the process on any future books/orbs you want to use though.
I'll try your advice, thank you!

edwardspec

Post by edwardspec »

dwarftough wrote:
Fixed in the latest beta.

dwarftough

Post by dwarftough »

Old bug but still exists in the latest stable: if you try to enter the Tunnels of Cruelty (location of Inferno where you pick evil Lethalia) again, after you picked her, the game freezes and crashes

Scrapulous

Post by Scrapulous »

Chapter 7, Scenario 12, when fighting
Spoiler:
I get

<Invalid WML found> [unstore_unit]: variable 'second_unit' doesn't contain unit data

It happened when I killed an illusion using an Elvish Overlord's aim attack (Tears of Void staff with Fire Dragon Legacy fire breath).

Edit: it happens every time that unit kills one of the illusions. The attack is:

17x5 aim
ranged-fire
marksman
incinerate
guided

Edit 2: the tooltip on incinerate claims that experience for units killed by the burn effect goes to the unit that applied the burn effect, but that's not true. The overlord incinerated a unit and I let the unit burn to death - the overlord had 273 experience before and after the incinerated unit died.

Edit 3: Dwarvish Technocrat (the level 4 dwarf rifle guy) has a movement cost of 1 for all terrains. I have one with 12 MP and he has mobility to rival Efraim and my gryphon rider. Maybe it's part of his technology? :)
Last edited by Scrapulous on June 19th, 2020, 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ooopsi

Post by ooopsi »

Hello there! I'd like to take a moment to appreciate this amazing campaign! On a sidenote though, there's a bug I'd like to report.

In the scenario Search for Elves, the good elves move out very early and attack both me and the enemies, which results in an empty dialogue at the end of the scenario as I'd have killed them all, and the scenario would feel weird for new players. I looked up the code and I believe the bug is caused by a typo (?) where side 8 has "Good" in the team name, meanwhiles side 1 has "good" in the team name. I'm not sure if this is fixed on the latest beta, but here you go :)

dabber

Post by dabber »

oopsi, spot on analysis. I fixed it on github in January.

jogajdosik

Post by jogajdosik »

Items are not stacking properly