Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
21%
Reaper
12%
Scythemaster
8%
Shadowalker
7%
Shadow Prince
8%
Siege Troll
5%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
8%
Soul Shooter
2%
Swordmaster
12%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
10%
Werewolf Rider
2%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 241

Raijer

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by Raijer »

Another problem that i noticed since long ago but didn't think about it: When there are 2 different types of items in one hex(meaning, gems/weapon and armor/potions), and the weapon was dropped after, it isn't picked up, only the gem/potion.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

William Ernest Henley
jeffgreen

Post by jeffgreen »

Raijer wrote:Well, by strongest, i mean level four units ( i got around 2 of each for the elves, and 1 of each for the others ).
Then geared units. The problem is that when i use soulgate, the units i get are: or my "spare", basically units i meant to use if the one i wanted to train died, or canon fodder,so they're lvl 2 at max.. Not really useful in a campaign where most enemies are lvl 3-5. So i'm currently alternating between "power generator" and "entrance" to get rid of them. Using soulgate, sending them to death, getting some exp, and change of scenario.
Please don't - the point is to keep using soulgate to get rid off the dross. Using it more often allows you to build up a great recall team by the time you need it.
jeffgreen

Post by jeffgreen »

Dugi wrote:I am strongly considering the possibility to make chapter 10 (the last one) focus on orc gameplay.
I hope you meant next and not last.
If you really meant last, and want to keep the plot secret then I'm not happy about voicing suggestions or asking questions about it on the public forum even with the spoiler box.
Raijer

Post by Raijer »

It really will be the last... He said it was an epilogue. And the only hting he actually revealed is that it might be an orc campaign.
I already have a great recall team at this point, got nearly all level 4 that exist (out of some i really don't like), some of which i got 2 of them, and i just wanna get my old units (still didn't find my lich king anyway) that got full gear.

Dunno if it's a problem of percentage or really an issue, but it seems the advancement "better at melee" doesn't work with Ancient lich.

William Ernest Henley
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

dugi i think the walkthrough for "Mining" (ch3 sc 2b) isnt properly made
the walkthrogh says that the enemys awaken when you come near them what was more appropiate in the sc2

EDIT: you might want to fix the early finish bonus of the bonus scenarios
in the outlaw scenario, you get exactly as much gold for every turn you finish earlier as much you can earn by possessing all villages
and in "Mining" you get 23 gold per turnyou finish earlier, while you get 42 gold per turn when you possess all villages

EDIT 2: Stormriders upgrade for heal seems to be messed up, the second time i upgrade his heal it goes up from 8 to 24, maybe was intended to go up a little bit slower?
mahasamatman1

Post by mahasamatman1 »

just to make it clear for me: is "the last crusade" scenario where i try to find yarae endless? if not, how the do i finish it?
Raijer

Post by Raijer »

Spoiler:

William Ernest Henley
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Raijer wrote:Another problem that i noticed since long ago but didn't think about it: When there are 2 different types of items in one hex(meaning, gems/weapon and armor/potions), and the weapon was dropped after, it isn't picked up, only the gem/potion.
Never seen this. Can you please post a save file where it would be reproducible?
jeffgreen wrote:Please don't - the point is to keep using soulgate to get rid off the dross. Using it more often allows you to build up a great recall team by the time you need it.
Makes sense. I will not do anything with it unless somebody else jumps in and a resolution is made.
jeffgreen wrote:I hope you meant next and not last.
Last :( . It can't be too long, because it would become boring. New elements have to be inserted all the time, and at some point, it gets saturated and more elements would just worsen it. It already takes more than 100 hours to complete, that is more than most commercial high-end games, except MMORPGs.
Another problem is the story, one story can't go on forever without becoming a soap opera. It has to end. If you like my stories, you might try the campaign 'For Power' from James the Invisible, its basic ideas were his, but the plots of the two chapters after the first were written by me. And I also made a portrait for the protagonist.
Raijer wrote:He said it was an epilogue.
Regarding this, I have changed my mind. It will be the last chapter, but a full length chapter, not just an epilogue. The original plan by the time when I was writing chapter 6 was to make the last scenario of chapter 9 as chapter 10, to let the player to keep building his army forever. Then, after writing chapter 7, the details were changed and I decided that it might need something that would happen after that, an 11th chapter. But a chapter with a single scenario? No, I decided that it'll be a part of chapter 9 and that everything will end in chapter 10.
Raijer wrote:Dunno if it's a problem of percentage or really an issue, but it seems the advancement "better at melee" doesn't work with Ancient lich.
It increases danage instead of damage. Will be uploaded in the next version.
Konrad2 wrote:dugi i think the walkthrough for "Mining" (ch3 sc 2b) isnt properly made
Yes, it looks wrong. Rewrote it.
Konrad2 wrote:you might want to fix the early finish bonus of the bonus scenarios
This is weird, but I have absolutely no control over this. As far as I know, there is no way to change this and I have never even tried.
Konrad2 wrote:Stormriders upgrade for heal seems to be messed up, the second time i upgrade his heal it goes up from 8 to 24, maybe was intended to go up a little bit slower?
It looks like if it was intended, but I changed it to from 8 to 16 and from 16 to 24.
mahasamatman1 wrote:just to make it clear for me: is "the last crusade" scenario where i try to find yarae endless? if not, how the do i finish it?
Read what Raijer said, he's right.

Nothing was uploaded, I want to finish something before uploading. Nothing really important.
Raijer

Post by Raijer »

Dugi wrote:Never seen this. Can you please post a save file where it would be reproducible?
Gonna try, but dunno if i can. It isn't all that annoying, just has to move to the hex again.

Found it ultra fast. Joining the save. Use the shadowalker to get the items in the bottom right corner and it should happen.
Attachments
LotI1-Power_Station-Sauvegarde_automatique11.gz
(441.84 KiB) Downloaded 166 times

William Ernest Henley
jeffgreen

Post by jeffgreen »

Dugi wrote:
jeffgreen wrote:I hope you meant next and not last.
Last :( . It can't be too long, because it would become boring. New elements have to be inserted all the time, and at some point, it gets saturated and more elements would just worsen it. It already takes more than 100 hours to complete, that is more than most commercial high-end games, except MMORPGs.
Another problem is the story, one story can't go on forever without becoming a soap opera. It has to end. If you like my stories, you might try the campaign 'For Power' from James the Invisible, its basic ideas were his, but the plots of the two chapters after the first were written by me. And I also made a portrait for the protagonist.
Sometimes I hate it when you're right :?
I'll take a look at "For Power"
Raijer

Post by Raijer »

I'm seriously thinking about looking at "Strange legacy" too, since i love the RPG side of LotI ( i like everything about it, but that's'the best ).

William Ernest Henley
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Raijer wrote:Found it ultra fast. Joining the save. Use the shadowalker to get the items in the bottom right corner and it should happen.
I was able to reproduce it, haven't found the cause yet.
Raijer wrote:I'm seriously thinking about looking at "Strange legacy" too, since i love the RPG side of LotI ( i like everything about it, but that's'the best ).
Strange Legacy contains a lot of RPG things that aren't present in LotI, making it significantly different. I am trying to keep as many elements of the original game in LotI as possible, limiting its RPG part to some items and advancements, but it can't be said about Strange Legacy. It is significantly different, but I think it is worth giving a try.
Elfarion

Post by Elfarion »

I have a suggestion for the storyline.
Spoiler:
I haven't played through, so I can't tell, but to me it seems as it wouldn't be a change to the gameplay. Just to the dialogue.
"Each of mankind's steps towards tomorrow is a breaking of today's laws."
- Sergej Lukianenko
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

Spoiler:
The future belongs to those, who believe in the beauty of their dreams.
Developer of: Trapped, Five Fates, Strange Legacy, Epical, UR Epic Era
Dungeonmasters of Wesnoth, Wild Peasants vs Devouring Corpses, Dwarf Dwarfson Dwarvenminer
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

@Elfarion
Not sure if you've played the later parts of chapter 3, a few important things around that prophecy happened there and chapter 4 is fully about the first part of the prophecy fulfilling (kinda in the Oedipus way, cause it by trying to prevent it). And btw she said Nothing evil would want two suns to shine. That would banish the night nearly completely. And creating the second sun is impossible.

@Heindal
It was quite deeply described both in Under the Burning Suns and Invasion from the Unknown, and I was trying to follow these events in the way it was said there.