Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Developers

Post Reply

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Elvish Nightprowler
5
14%
Elvish Overlord
0
No votes
Elvish Seer
7
19%
Elvish Warlord
1
3%
Exterminator
5
14%
Forester
0
No votes
Goblin Ravager
0
No votes
Goblin Warbanner
0
No votes
Grim Knight
0
No votes
Faerie Incarnation
8
22%
Infernal Knight
1
3%
Lich King
3
8%
Lunatic Knight
4
11%
Monstrosity
0
No votes
Orcish Nightblade
0
No votes
Orcish Strafer
1
3%
Pilum Master
0
No votes
Orcish Warmonger
1
3%
Phantom
0
No votes
Predator
0
No votes
 
Total votes: 36

Raijer
Posts: 425
Joined: April 25th, 2013, 9:00 pm

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by Raijer »

Yup, that's normal, since Delly got rid of it and, i think, left it on the ground before leaving. Seemed strange to me too when i played it, but i suppose you can't ask for 2 special swords AND an armor(even if it's not special).
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

William Ernest Henley

User avatar
Dugi
Posts: 4955
Joined: July 22nd, 2010, 10:29 am
Location: Carpathian Mountains
Contact:

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by Dugi »

Raijer wrote:Forgot to say this: In "Into the shadows", Efraim says "aaargh bla bla bla", which seems strange since it's the winning dialogue...
It is said by the character who enters the cave first. Anyway, I made the enemy tell it if he lives.
Also, i'm saying it again, since i don't know if you really noticed it, but the chapter 5 REALLY need turn limits... I kinda used "Power generator" to get huge exp (around 2 lvls for each of my leaders, about 6 k exp in total).
In later chapter 5, all you need is to kill the final boss, and you can choose to become stronger and have it easier or to stay weaker and struggle. It will not have any difference in chapter 6, it will just make the final fight easier. Anyway, some people might want to waste a lot of time purposelessly there. I might add some kind of overall turn limit, that would let you have, let's say, 500 turns to complete the whole dungeon, from Entrance to killing the final boss.
More than that, can you make it so we're sure the soul gate recalls the strongest units first, and then the weakest ?
I found my ancient lich mixed with zombies after my 5th soulgate... And i think i can still find a lich king if i continue using it.
Define the meaning of 'strongest'.
I was considering a possibility to automatically remove all of your ungeared Walking Corpses from the recall list automatically, this might do the trick as well.
Konrad2 wrote:the captain at 39,63 calls his troops twice
Fixed, but you could have added that you were speaking about the Sightseeing scenario.
jeffgreen wrote:After the finishing the tutorial Efraim retains the Sword of Krux, Delenia retains the Twinkling Sword, bit the Leather Armour seems to have disappeared.
Well, it wasn't placed on the ground, neither into the item storage... But I think I'll make it appear in the item storage.

Konrad2
Forum Moderator
Posts: 2407
Joined: November 24th, 2010, 6:30 pm

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by Konrad2 »

i believe you should make a "mnimum gold" for starting the next chapter from another
after Lilith i went to chapter 3 and only have 770 gold :/ (if you start fom menü, starting gold is 1000)
not enough to get all 5 recruits
(2*140 + 2*170 +180 = 800 > 770)

also Liliths attack images are messed up, when umbra uses dark light, sometimes the firestorm gets displayed

Raijer
Posts: 425
Joined: April 25th, 2013, 9:00 pm

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by Raijer »

Well, by strongest, i mean level four units ( i got around 2 of each for the elves, and 1 of each for the others ).
Then geared units. The problem is that when i use soulgate, the units i get are: or my "spare", basically units i meant to use if the one i wanted to train died, or canon fodder,so they're lvl 2 at max.. Not really useful in a campaign where most enemies are lvl 3-5. So i'm currently alternating between "power generator" and "entrance" to get rid of them. Using soulgate, sending them to death, getting some exp, and change of scenario.

Also, will there ever be a way to get orcs units? I really want to see what you can do for a level 4 orc leader.
( Even if they're supposed to be the worst enemy and all). Same for the trolls.

Also, i dunno if it's really the place to ask this, but is it possible to make an unit that can "possess" another?
Somrthing like, if it kills an unit, you get to choose to possess that unit or to continue upgrading. The better that unit's level is, the higher levels it can possess.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

William Ernest Henley

User avatar
Dugi
Posts: 4955
Joined: July 22nd, 2010, 10:29 am
Location: Carpathian Mountains
Contact:

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by Dugi »

Konrad2 wrote:after Lilith i went to chapter 3 and only have 770 gold :/ (if you start fom menü, starting gold is 1000)
700 is the starting gold on hard (or minimum starting gold), 1000 is the starting gold on easy. I might increase these values if you think it should be increased.
Konrad2 wrote:also Liliths attack images are messed up, when umbra uses dark light, sometimes the firestorm gets displayed
Found the error, easy fix.
Raijer wrote:Well, by strongest, i mean level four units ( i got around 2 of each for the elves, and 1 of each for the others ).
So, first max level units, then any geared units, and then anything?
Raijer wrote:Also, will there ever be a way to get orcs units? I really want to see what you can do for a level 4 orc leader.
I am strongly considering the possibility to make chapter 10 (the last one) focus on orc gameplay.

Big and devastating Orcish Devastators, followed by stealthy and deadly Orcish Shadowlurkers, covered by shots from orcs dual-wielding special crossbows, receiving scouting information from goblins riding on overgrown eagles...

Just ideas.
Raijer wrote:Same for the trolls.
Maybe you haven't noticed it yet, but in chapters 8 and 9, you can recruit level 2 trolls, and they can advance to level 4 Siege Trolls. They aren't very interesting, however.
Raijer wrote:Also, i dunno if it's really the place to ask this, but is it possible to make an unit that can "possess" another?
Yes, it would be possible, and not particularly complicated. But it would lead to problems with events in scenarios, and its balance would be questionable.

Raijer
Posts: 425
Joined: April 25th, 2013, 9:00 pm

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by Raijer »

Dugi wrote:Big and devastating Orcish Devastators, followed by stealthy and deadly Orcish Shadowlurkers, covered by shots from orcs dual-wielding special crossbows, receiving scouting information from goblins riding on overgrown eagles...
O_o Sounds really amazing, so i'm scouting for it! Are we gonna hunt down efraim and lethalia using those units?
I suppose the "possess" unit would change too many things, though i thought of it to give a good reason to get orcs units. Didn't notice the trolls, but if they don't have a good ranged attack, that's' why i shunned them (i don't like the maulers or the gunnerdwarves either).
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

William Ernest Henley

User avatar
Dugi
Posts: 4955
Joined: July 22nd, 2010, 10:29 am
Location: Carpathian Mountains
Contact:

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by Dugi »

Are we gonna hunt down efraim and lethalia using those units?
No.
I will answer any questions about chapter 10 only in the yes/no way, because I don't want you to know it.
I suppose the "possess" unit would change too many things, though i thought of it to give a good reason to get orcs units.
I would certainly not add many new orcish units just for one ability. Furthermore, it would actually require adding AMLA also to drakes and all campaign specific enemy-only units, like demons.

Raijer
Posts: 425
Joined: April 25th, 2013, 9:00 pm

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by Raijer »

New bug: The items that are spawned in a scenario (like in north "entrance") stay between scenarios. Meaning, because i alternated between "entrance" and "power generator", each time i changed scenario, a new item was created, and stayed on the map for the next time i went to the same scenario. Like that, i got 4-5 items in one hexe, one for each time i passed by "entrance".

Clicking on "no, i really didn't want to create anything" when you have to choose the item type, still create the item. (was wondering, axe or staff for lethalia's soul render?)
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

William Ernest Henley

Konrad2
Forum Moderator
Posts: 2407
Joined: November 24th, 2010, 6:30 pm

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by Konrad2 »

ch 3 sc 1 hard dont wokrs fine (i went from last campaign to it)
when i slay the lich the end dialog takes place, but if i remember right you should go back to town first right? (wanted to slay those mist monsters first)

Raijer
Posts: 425
Joined: April 25th, 2013, 9:00 pm

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by Raijer »

Didn't have to either, but doesn't seem important to me. It would just take 3-4 more turns.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

William Ernest Henley

User avatar
Dugi
Posts: 4955
Joined: July 22nd, 2010, 10:29 am
Location: Carpathian Mountains
Contact:

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by Dugi »

Raijer wrote:New bug: The items that are spawned in a scenario (like in north "entrance") stay between scenarios. Meaning, because i alternated between "entrance" and "power generator", each time i changed scenario, a new item was created, and stayed on the map for the next time i went to the same scenario. Like that, i got 4-5 items in one hexe, one for each time i passed by "entrance".
I've created a macro that could handle it for chapter 9, that had a similar conception that chapter 5 (although many things were enhanced), but I have forgotten to add it also for chapter 5.
Raijer wrote:Clicking on "no, i really didn't want to create anything" when you have to choose the item type, still create the item.
Darn, I always forget to do this.
Raijer wrote:was wondering, axe or staff for lethalia's soul render?
Axe is better in my opinion, staff already has drain, and although it has a lot of useful weapon specials, its damage is limited.
Konrad2 wrote:when i slay the lich the end dialog takes place, but if i remember right you should go back to town first right? (wanted to slay those mist monsters first)
I had to change it, the previous way was buggy sometimes (and in this case, it was a showstopper bug, and if you used the cheat to continue to the next scenario, you ended up without some essential units) and I could not reproduce it nor identify the problem.

Konrad2
Forum Moderator
Posts: 2407
Joined: November 24th, 2010, 6:30 pm

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by Konrad2 »

is Delly as Preserved Lich supposed to be chaotic and weaker then before?

User avatar
Dugi
Posts: 4955
Joined: July 22nd, 2010, 10:29 am
Location: Carpathian Mountains
Contact:

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by Dugi »

She was a female version of Efraim before. Now, she is unique, and I made her a bit weaker than Efraim, because Efraim should be stronger.

Konrad2
Forum Moderator
Posts: 2407
Joined: November 24th, 2010, 6:30 pm

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by Konrad2 »

okay, if you say so, but why is she chaotic?
all other preserved liches are neutral, regardless what they were before

User avatar
Dugi
Posts: 4955
Joined: July 22nd, 2010, 10:29 am
Location: Carpathian Mountains
Contact:

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by Dugi »

Because she has backstab, and is therefore a sneaky character. She preferred sneaking before, there is no reason why she should change. Lawful units are lawful because they can't see in the dark, neutral units are neutral because they can see in the dark, but have no particular profit from it, and chaotic units are chaotic, because they can see in the dark and like ambushing (bandits, saurians, orcs) or sneaking around (thieves) or they hate the light (undead). Delly prefers sneaking, so she is chaotic, other units are neutral because they can see in the dark, but can't profit from it much.

Post Reply