Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
21%
Reaper
12%
Scythemaster
8%
Shadowalker
7%
Shadow Prince
8%
Siege Troll
5%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
8%
Soul Shooter
2%
Swordmaster
11%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
10%
Werewolf Rider
2%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 244

Dugi

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by Dugi »

nuorc wrote:I had so much gold to spare that I recruited units until I had a pair with the traits I wanted for the recall list; now I want that pair in the list and dismiss others.
Send them into the home of the brave.
nuorc wrote:loti-DR.jpg [ 34.35 KiB | Viewed 35 times ]
Not my fault. Mainline started this trend with oversized units, which causes glitches on that panel. On iPhone, the dragon is blue. Looks like some undefined behaviour.
Elder2

Post by Elder2 »

Btw I have a question.

I think I am going to replay LotI II, I will do it on 1.13.6 just so that I can tell you if it works. And so, are there traders in chapter 9, the hell? when I first played I remember I had a lot of gold there and had no idea what to do with it.
nuorc
Forum Regular

Post by nuorc »

Dugi wrote:Send them into the home of the brave.
Yes, they already showed a last act of bravery. :twisted:

Currently I'm parking my Can Man reserves at vills close to start and have four elven 'drag-alongs'.
Dugi wrote:Not my fault. Mainline started this trend with oversized units, which causes glitches on that panel.
It wasn't a complaint, it was smalltalk. I mentioned earlier here that I'll get myself a DR, posted progress and now the unit.
Spoiler:
I have a cunning plan.
seangregorycarroll

Dodge and defense of items

Post by seangregorycarroll »

If an item has 'defense=10', does that mean the item gives you a 10% increase to all your resistances?

If an item has 'dodge=10', does that mean the item makes you 10% less likely to be hit?

If an item has 'magic=10', does that mean your magic attacks get 10% increase to damage?

Thank you :D
The Roots of Violence: Wealth without work, Pleasure without conscience, Knowledge without character, Commerce without morality, Science without humanity, Worship without sacrifice, Politics without principles -Gandhi
Elder2

Post by Elder2 »

I can confirm LotII doesn't work on 1.13.6, I got a lot of lua errors in the first scenario and ai zombies didn't move, nor attack me at all. I was playing on hard.
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Hello, i have installed LotI and played it for a little while but unfortunately it has become to frustrating and i have been forced to uninstall it. This however is Not At All because the campaign is bad, but instead because i mod multiplayer very often and all of the new events that have been added to multiplayer when LotI is installed are filling up my save files, confusing the inspector, and disrupting other events, variables and advancements. I believe this would probably conflict with many add-ons.

This is unfortunate. Also i have noticed the someone has released a 'LotI Mod' which allows LotI gameplay in multiplayer already. It would be appreciated if you create your own mod to specifically allow multiplayer (or use the already created mod) that way other players would not have similar problems like i do.

As for the campaign it self i really enjoy the game play and maybe will continue it again at some point, the only thing i am wondering is if any work is being made on a new portrait for delenia because the current one is not that good and (from what i have played so far) she seems like she will be in the entire campaign (and therefore doing much talking).

Thank you
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

@seangregorycarroll
Defence 10: physical resistances increased by 10%, effect is reduced if the resistances are high and increased if they are low, so that the unit would take 10% less damage
Dodge 10: makes the unit 10% less likely to get hit, so defence 60% becomes 64%, defence 40% becomes 46%, defence 20% becomes 28% etc.
Magic 10: 10% increased damage of attacks that could be considered spells: fireball, faerie fire, etc.

@ElderofZion
It worked fine for me. I will have to invest more time in it.

@The_Gnat
No new events are added to multiplayer by LotI. The extra advancements are implemented differently in multiplayer, so your units will not advance beyond the maximum level. You must have experimentally added something that adds the LotI events and forgotten about it.
nuorc
Forum Regular

Post by nuorc »

@Dugi:

- What do you think about picking up loot from inaccessible terrain after Beelzebub appeared?

- Is it intended that Beelzebub doesn't heal when he AMLAs?

- Would it be possible to update the wiki pages? (They're from May 2016.)

- What do you think about including bite/jaw attacks in a weapon category so I can craft something for it?
Or maybe creating a new category: Beisser
Spoiler:
Edit: What do you think about disabling LoL for the White Mage line et al?

Edit2: Achilles doesn't give a farewell speech when you kill him in Nightmare (c3s15)?

Edit3:
Spoiler:
Last edited by nuorc on January 8th, 2017, 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I have a cunning plan.
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Dugi wrote:@The_Gnat
No new events are added to multiplayer by LotI. The extra advancements are implemented differently in multiplayer, so your units will not advance beyond the maximum level. You must have experimentally added something that adds the LotI events and forgotten about it.
Thank you for responding, unfortunately i did not make any changes to LotI at all (until now i have now even looked at any of the code)

EDIT(all the units i put into my era are from an older LotI version i downloaded a year ago, but i have recently downloaded a new version so i could play it, this new update 3.1.23 unfortunately has not been edited at all since i downloaded it. And as soon as i uninstalled it the right click menu disappeared from multiplayer)

But looking through your code (version 3.1.23) i agree with you, all i have found loading in multiplayer is this:
code

Code: Select all

#ifdef MULTIPLAYER
[binary_path]
    path=data/add-ons/Legend_of_the_Invincibles/
[/binary_path]
{LOTI_LUA}
{~add-ons/Legend_of_the_Invincibles/utils}
{~add-ons/Legend_of_the_Invincibles/multiplayer/Gladiators.cfg}
{~add-ons/Legend_of_the_Invincibles/multiplayer/Hordes_of_the_Other_World.cfg}
{~add-ons/Legend_of_the_Invincibles/terrain.cfg}
[+units]
    {~add-ons/Legend_of_the_Invincibles/units}
[/units]
#endif
All this would do is load the LOTI_LUA.
This is very odd because when i install LotI a new option is added to my multiplayer (right-click) menu.

Where in your code is this right-click menu added?

Thank you!
Last edited by The_Gnat on January 12th, 2017, 3:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
seangregorycarroll

Misorcia

Hi, is 'Misorcia' functioning properly? I only ask because it looks as if it flat out doubled my damage and then doubles it again when I attack orcs. Perhaps I am miscalculating? Does 'damage=25' in the code mean 25% increase to base damage?

Also, is the 'from the ashes' ability working? I got a the potion, gave it to Lethalia and she just got hit and her hp's are at 13... didn't see 40 pt healing or 40 pt damage dealt.
The Roots of Violence: Wealth without work, Pleasure without conscience, Knowledge without character, Commerce without morality, Science without humanity, Worship without sacrifice, Politics without principles -Gandhi
MarcinBX

Re: Misorcia

Post by MarcinBX »

seangregorycarroll wrote: Also, is the 'from the ashes' ability working? I got a the potion, gave it to Lethalia and she just got hit and her hp's are at 13... didn't see 40 pt healing or 40 pt damage dealt.
It works for me. Last time my unit died (had less than 0 hit points), showed in list of dead units but this ability worked and rescued this unit.
nuorc
Forum Regular

Post by nuorc »

seangregorycarroll wrote:Also, is the 'from the ashes' ability working? I got a the potion, gave it to Lethalia ...
AFAIK all potions' effects stop when a unit levels/AMLAs; was that the case? Did Leth's description still mention that ability?
I have a cunning plan.
seangregorycarroll

nuorc wrote:
seangregorycarroll wrote:Also, is the 'from the ashes' ability working? I got a the potion, gave it to Lethalia ...
AFAIK all potions' effects stop when a unit levels/AMLAs; was that the case? Did Leth's description still mention that ability?
Yes, I believe so. Thanks.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

nuorc wrote:What do you think about picking up loot from inaccessible terrain after Beelzebub appeared?
Loot on inaccessible places is automatically picked in scenario Jungle Hell. I can do it, but the problem is that it causes bugs. I would eventually catch them all, but before it happens, it would cause a lot of errors.
nuorc wrote: Is it intended that Beelzebub doesn't heal when he AMLAs?
Yes.
nuorc wrote:What do you think about including bite/jaw attacks in a weapon category so I can craft something for it?
The jaws are deliberately much stronger than other attacks to outbalance the lack of items for them.
nuorc wrote:Edit: What do you think about disabling LoL for the White Mage line et al?
It's deliberate that units get legacies they don't need.
The_Gnat wrote:All this would do is load the LOTI_LUA.
LOTI_LUA only adds a few WML tags and other stuff has #ifdefs to prevent them from leaking to multiplayer.
The_Gnat wrote:This is very odd because when i install LotI a new option is added to my multiplayer (right-click) menu.
Which option?
seangregorycarroll wrote:Hi, is 'Misorcia' functioning properly? I only ask because it looks as if it flat out doubled my damage and then doubles it again when I attack orcs. Perhaps I am miscalculating? Does 'damage=25' in the code mean 25% increase to base damage?
Damage=25 means 25% increased damage. Misorcia doubles damage done to orcs.

Thanks MarcinBX for giving advice.
nuorc
Forum Regular

Post by nuorc »

Dugi wrote:The jaws are deliberately much stronger than other attacks to outbalance the lack of items for them.
Well, I found a wolf where that might be true, but for Skellie for example it isn't: jaw 10-4, claws 25-2. When I equip Konrad's Might the claws do nearly twice as much dmg than the jaw.

But if you don't like my Beisser-suggestion it's ok.
I have a cunning plan.