Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
21%
Reaper
12%
Scythemaster
8%
Shadowalker
7%
Shadow Prince
8%
Siege Troll
5%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
8%
Soul Shooter
2%
Swordmaster
11%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
10%
Werewolf Rider
2%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 244

Paulomat4
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by Paulomat4 »

wonderful thing! finally something to do with my 300 obsidians... :lol:

EDIT:also: explosive redeem seems to be bugged. It works right when the chance to redeem another unit is 100% but i've never seen it work on units which for example have only 50% chance. To recreate that try to redeem one the voracious herb with lethalia. The flower of evil will never be redeemed too, although other voracious herbs will.
Attachments
LotI2-Zhangor's_Pass_Runde_7.gz
(976.4 KiB) Downloaded 123 times
Creator of Dawn of Thunder and Global Unitmarkers

"I thought Naga's used semi-automatic crossbows with incendiary thermite arrows . . . my beliefs that this race is awesome are now shattered." - Evil Earl
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Trying to redeem the same enemy after saveloading will not change the outcome.

But there actually might be a bug, I tried to alter the code to avoid a part I am not completely sure with with code that should work. Just to test, the 1.10 version of the add-on has the original code and the late 1.11 version has the altered code, you can check out if I changed something or not.
More importantly, I have released a new version of the campaign, 3.1.4 (lucky number pi). It's mainly focused on items. Besides some smaller changes (scenario specific and unit specific, see earlier posts), it brings 15 new items (Raijer's Bloody Field and Xuanquang's Soul Harvest are among them) and a possibility to upgrade lower gems.
Paulomat4
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Paulomat4 »

Trying to redeem the same enemy after saveloading will not change the outcome.
sure, i should have thought of that. :oops: I have never ever seen such a redeem situation being successful though. I can't prove there is a bug as I don't have 1.10 installed though. At least here that's a save file for you. :/

Edit: regarding the new feature with crafting gems: It would be nice If you could get back to the crafting menu once you did one transformation, as often you will want to craft many gems.
Last edited by Paulomat4 on September 1st, 2014, 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"I thought Naga's used semi-automatic crossbows with incendiary thermite arrows . . . my beliefs that this race is awesome are now shattered." - Evil Earl
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

I have altered the version for the newest versions of Wesnoth, just see if it will work there.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

ive started your campaign anew and have only 4 complains/bugs ^^
in toxic sun the dialogue at the end is still broken (efreim/lethalia/dwarf talk but the parts with ethiel are missing)
the skeletall dragon u made still uses the old image instead of the cool new image
why are the yetis on the side of the skeletals in the scenario after "toxic sun"?
Garcyn (that leader of the humans from the frozen valley) is at your first encounter a general, but when you attack together the shadow empire, he is just a lieutnant and i think that does not make sense
btw love that idea with those new undeads
Paulomat4
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Paulomat4 »

New version redeem test results.
efraims and lethalia's redeems are both on level 11. Adjacent targets are redeemed with 100% chance if level is 4 or lower, 50 %chance if level is 5. Situation: try to redeem a voracious herb. next to the voracious herb is each a flower of evil and another voracious herb (for efraim even more).
redeem Lethalia: the target voracious herb gets redeemed successfully, but neither the adjacent flower of evil, nor voracious herb get redeemed.
redeem Efraim: the target voracious herb gets redeemed successfully, also one adjacent voracious herb (but not all!). The flower of evil gets not redeemed

Paulomat4
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Paulomat4 »

second round of trying confirms that. Same situation, multiple voracious herbs and flowers of evil around the target. Both times, no other Unit gets redeemed (although at least voracious herbs should)

Paulomat4
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Paulomat4 »

round three:
redeem efraim: of 2 adjacent voracious herbs, 1 gets sucked in too
redeem Lethalia: of 2 adjacent voracious herbs and 2 adjacent flowers of evil, 1 gets sucked in too

Raijer

Post by Raijer »

Seems like the "teleport unit to the leader" function stays usable even after "Jungle Hell", which shouldn't happen.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

William Ernest Henley
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

@Raijer
Fixed the dialogue in Toxic Sun. The speaker should be Ethiel or some other side 1 unit that is alive.
I have deliberately made the Skeletal Dragon unit from chapter I look like the old one, because the new one does not fit into the game, it is so large that it overlaps terrain and nearby units in a weird way (wesnoth units weren't coded to properly display such large images) and lacks any animation (and because it's so huge, its immobility is very visible). It is cool, but I have no idea how has something so buggy ever made its way into the game.
Added an explanation why do the yetis help the icy undead.
Garcyn will be a General also in the following scenario.
Found an issue that caused the teleport option to remain after Jungle Hell. By the way, it does not recharge in other scenarios, so it's usable only once.

@Paulomat4
By the way, you can also edit your own post instead of replying to yourself.
The chances to redeem the enemies in redeem's AoE are calculated separately for each unit, so it will happen that some units that may be redeemed will be redeemed and others will not be. If I understood your replies correctly, it works as it should. The issue is therefore fixed on the version for wesnoth 1.12 beta and will be fixed on the version for wesnoth 1.10 in the next update (downloading the add-on from the 1.12 beta server using 1.10 should fix the issue for 1.10, it's simply I noticed the bug report in the middle of uploading and I didn't want to start to upload it for all the servers).
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

@Dugi
just because i havent been here for ages, doesnt mean you can answer my bug reports by speaking to someone else :D
Raijer

Post by Raijer »

@Dugi: Indeed, you're giving me way too much credit.

Though there's a huge problem with redeem on the new version: I'm at lvl 13, so it should redeem with 100% chance any unit adjacent at lvl 4 or less (that's what it says in the description). But it doesn't actually even manage to redeem lvl 3 ones with 100% chance.
Joining a save file. Using Lethalia to redeem some plants should show it. Made on Wesnoth 1.11.16, with LotI 3.1.4.

EDIT: After some tests, it seems you can't redeem more than 3 units at the same time anymore.
Attachments
LotI2-Zhangor's_Pass_Tour_3.gz
(886.36 KiB) Downloaded 99 times
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

William Ernest Henley
Delsin

Post by Delsin »

Dugi, I've tried this new "upgrade gems" option (10 times so far, obsidians only) and I noticed, that on 5 times, I got 1 obsidian from 4 obsidians. Is that intended, that I have 50% chance to just waste 3 obsidians (or to crate obsidian by the cost of more worthy gems)? It seems quite useless that way.

EDIT: Results for 100 times obsidians: (I will do for Topazes, Opals and Pearls as well, but it is tedious because of need to open items menu every time you want to smash gems)
43 Obsidians
24 Topazes
11 Opals
9 Pearls
7 Diamonds
2 Rubies
1 Emerald
3 Amethysts

EDIT 2: for 10 times Topazes (will be on 100):
5 Obsidians
1 Topaz
1 Opal
1 Pearl
1 Diamond
1 Emerald
for 10 times Opals (will be on 100):
7 Obsidians
1 Topaz
1 Pearl
1 Amethyst
for 10 times Pearls (will be on 100):
3 Obsidians
2 Opals
3 Topazes
1 Diamond
1 Ruby
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Konrad2 wrote:just because i havent been here for ages, doesnt mean you can answer my bug reports by speaking to someone else
Raijer wrote:Indeed, you're giving me way too much credit.
I am sorry, my short-term memory is not particularly good. I'll try to avoid more mistakes like this, but you are probably aware that this is not the first time I did a mistake like this.
Raijer wrote:After some tests, it seems you can't redeem more than 3 units at the same time anymore.
I have made a logic error there. I made a fix, to get it, unistall the add-on and install it back, or use the attached file.
Delsin wrote:Dugi, I've tried this new "upgrade gems" option (10 times so far, obsidians only) and I noticed, that on 5 times, I got 1 obsidian from 4 obsidians. Is that intended, that I have 50% chance to just waste 3 obsidians (or to crate obsidian by the cost of more worthy gems)? It seems quite useless that way.
I have created that feature to give the players a way to make use of unneeded low gems. It gives you a method to get a random gem for the cost of some lower gems, and you choose what lower gems you spend to get a random gem. There is no correlation between the type of gems used and the outcome (there is only the obvious correlation between the gem type and gem quantity needed for that). The random new gems are much more likely to be low gems than higher gems, in the same way as the gems that drop from enemies.

I was also considering a possibility to allow to convert 2 lower gems to one higher gem, but you'd be motivated to upgrade sapphires and amethysts to get a coveted back pearl, just to realise that you need sapphires more at that time and ask me to implement a way to downgrade them. This way, you can upgrade only some easy to get gems that you will not miss for long. Also, you can get a black pearl at any time.
Chances to get specific gems:
Attachments
redeeming.cfg
place it into /data/add-ons/Legend_of_the_Invincibles/utils/ overwriting the old file (note: if you are on 1.10, you don't need this)
(125.84 KiB) Downloaded 107 times
Last edited by Dugi on September 3rd, 2014, 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Delsin

Post by Delsin »

@Dugi

My results from tests (Wesnoth 1.10.3, Chp 9) :
Spoiler:
So, we got 57 gems that are higher than Pearl in 400 tries. If we assume, that kind of sacrifised gem do not affect kind of gems given, we've got 14,25% chance for obtaining higher gem (and 8,5% for no change) when we use Pearl, 22,75% (and 17,75% for no change) chance for Opals, 40,5% (and 23% for just losing 1 Topaz) for Topazes and finally 73,75% (and 36,25% for just losing 3 Obsidians).

Basing on that, I suggest to rename that option from "upgrade gems" to "transmutate gems" or "convert gems" - it better suits the results. Name "upgrade gems" suggest rather certain effects, like crafting gear.

Also, would it not be better, that player gets only better gems than he choosed, but give percentage chance to destroy gem and proportionally increased chance for getting them?
For example: we want to destroy 4 obsidians and have 20% chance to destroy them all, but it means we got 80% (instead of 67%) chance for getting gems that are more valuable than obsidian. Than the chance to get each gem higher than obsidian increases about 1,2 times (80/67). For example, we have 6% percent for Pearl instead of 5%.

This is not much in that case, but when we apply it to pearls, then we have about 4 times higher chance (80/21) to get each gem higher than pearl. We than have a slight change when sacrificing obsidians, but huge when we have pearls. But pearls in the Part II drop is only 5% and they are still needed much more than obsidians, so the player would not get higher gems so easily. Of course, you might change the chance of destroying it.
What do You think of that? It is not that OP, but saves time.

EDIT: the sum of chances in part II is lower than in Part I (in spoiler), is it intended? (I did not have enough time to search through 230 pages, if there was mentioned earlier, I'm sorry
)