Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
21%
Reaper
12%
Scythemaster
8%
Shadowalker
7%
Shadow Prince
8%
Siege Troll
5%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
8%
Soul Shooter
2%
Swordmaster
12%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
10%
Werewolf Rider
2%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 241

Cluesen_Mz

Re: Legend of the Invincibles and RPG AMLA Era feedback

Post by Cluesen_Mz »

Finally i finished the campaign.
I found no more severe bugs besides the ones already mentioned.
Some attack animations of the mages are faulty, fireball and holy light.
I had fun playing this superhero campaign, i like it when units keep getting stronger.
... and off to the next campaign ...

Best regards
~Cluesen
Thomas88

Post by Thomas88 »

Hi,
I´m playing Legend of the invincibles part 3, shadows of the night, first szenario "Thirst for adventures" on windows xp, wesnoth 1.8.6.

I tried as hard I can, but I cannot finish the szenario.
When I killed everyone on hard level, and bring my heroes back to the town, always the same dialogue, and at the end lethalia says: "let´s go". But nothing happens.
What can I do, how to repair ?
Is this bug described here anywhere ? I cannot find it !

Thanks, Thomas
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

@Thomas88 It is weird. Nobody has ever reported that problem, and I cannot figure out what can it be. Theoretically, you should never get the dialogue finishing by 'let's go' elsewhere than at the beginning of the scenario. So I suppose that the commander was giving you the quest every time you approached his town, and that happens if the undead side has a unit. I suppose that you have forgotten to kill some undead, maybe some hard-to-be-seen one. Look at the unit list to exclude this possibility. If it fails: Can you please upload your save here? I will see what can I do.

The problem is that there is not too many things that can fail, so it is hard to imagine what did.

@Cluesen_Mz I will have a look at it. I am glad you liked it.

I am currently working on a new version for BfW 1.10, but as I decided to redo or add really a lot of things, it might take several weeks until I publish it. Saves from most scenarios will be compatible, but you won't have all the features available.

A few things that will be there:
Spoiler:
Thomas88

Post by Thomas88 »

@dugi
First a big "thank you" for your quick answer.
I like your campaign too much. Really good and new ideas both in the story and in development of charakters. Very nice !!!

But the error...
Yes, it seems weird...
Enemy units esp. the undead are all killed.

Perhaps there is another problem.
I started part 3 again, to understand what happened. And I got the message "file damaged" (in german, hope it is the right translation?), "but in spite of this it works".
Now I put the whole campaign from my pc and download it again.
If it works now, I tell you !

Sorry for my english...

Thomas
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

If that 'file damaged' thing is what I think it is, it has been fixed, but in the version I am working on, and that one is for another version of Wesnoth, and incompatible. Can you tell me what was it in German? My knowledge of German language is very limited, but I can compare it with error logs if I set the language to German (and my brother speaks German, I can ask him if everything else fails :D ). I think it is generally better not to translate error logs.

Because I want to fix or explain the bug you encountered, I would like to see your save file from the time it was not working.

As for your English, feel no shame, I was not better two years ago.
Thomas88

Post by Thomas88 »

Hi dugi,

Of course I can tell you in german, it is my native language :D

When I load for example round 14, there´s written:

Fehler
Warnung: Die Datei ist beschädigt. Sie wird trotzdem geladen.
Unerwartete Zeichen nach einem Variablennamen (erwartet werden >>,<< oder >> = <<), Wert '`' an <unknown>: 18137
Unerwartete Zeichen nach einem Variablennamen (erwartet werden >>,<< oder >> = <<), Wert '`' an <unknown>: 18237

According to my english, it was (!) really better. But that was about 20 years ago :doh:

Now (after the new download) the error appears again, but the campaign is still going further.

Sorry that I cannot show you an upload, I really don´t know how !

Greetings to your brother (as we say in german: Schöne Grüsse)

Thomas

P.S.: Until now, your campaign is in my personal TOP 5.
And I played all BfW singleplayer campaigns until january 2012...
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Ah, well, now I know what it is. The part ''Unerwartete Zeichen nach einem Variablennamen (erwartet werden >>,<< oder >> = <<), Wert '`' an <unknown>: 18137'' was essential. There is a unit in the campaign named Will'o'Wisp, and although the game considers the break key to be a part of the string, an apostrophe is not considered to be it, so it thinks that the name of the unit is Will and then some weird group of symbols.

Try to use update add-ons, it should fix that bug now (I wrote that it should, I have never encountered that kind of problem for some unclear reasons).

To upload a save file, use 'new reply' instead of 'quick reply' on the forums, then under the space to write the text will be a few tools for uploading. If you have problems to find the save file, if you use Linux, it should be in it should be in home folder / .wesnoth1.8 (needs to make it show the hidden files). If you use Windows, it should be in My Documents / My games / Wesnoth1.8/saves, or if you had changed the place to save userdata in, it should be in Program Files/Wesnoth1.8.6 (or elsewhere if you specified a different path) /userdata/saves. If you use Mac, you will have to google where the userdata is stored.

Good to hear you liked my campaign.
Thomas88

Post by Thomas88 »

Hi again,

today I finished part III of the"legend of the invincibles" without further problems.

The semi-finish was nice, I like the ancient warriors, and the idea to hunt dragons, but in fact even on the "hard" level I played it it was much too easy for me.
Why?
I started with about 4.000 Gold.
Efraim had about 400 LP, and can kill any (!) dragon/turn and gets only sligthly wounded.
Same with Lethalia, the biggest dragon is just a snack for her :D
Delly & Argan don´t get into trouble, they are too strong.
Only Teh Ehro get sometimes seriously wounded, but he causes so much damage around that it is easy to free him.

At the end I retreated & waited just for the others (orcs & humans & warriors) to do their job.
Not one ancient warrior died.
The dragons had really no chance.

I think for a "hard" part it is too easy.
If I may suggest a simple but tactical "better" solution:

Double gold & double income for all of the dragons, little less for the orcs,
and I lose also the game if the chief of the orcs dies.
In this case I would have also to defend the orcish leader/the left flank.

Just a suggestion.

The finish (nightmare) was very heavy for me, because after recruiting the first wave of warriors, I decided to go to Achilles and kill him.
That was no problem, but then they got me, and I cannot reach his base to recruit further warriors.
I averted a desaster, but luckily.

So thanks again for your help and for this nice campaign.

Thomas

P.S.: Today I found a new add-on/download for the "legend...", but could not see for which part it is...
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

I did as you wished. I doubled the enemy power. When I did it first, it was too easy, so I made it harder, but tried not to do it too hard, and probably miscalculated, so it was probably still to easy. This was changed in the version for wesnoth 1.10.

In the nightmare scenario, I added a warning that you should be very careful.

As for the P.S., I am not sure what you meant. If it is what I think it is, the answer is that Legend of the invincibles is just one add-on, although it contains three campaigns. If there is another, it was not from me. A new one will be published for Wesnoth 1.10 in a week.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

I have finished the changes and published it. Legend of the Invincibles version 2.0.0 is for Wesnoth 1.10.

Main changes:

Code: Select all

One new chapter. It is quite different from the previous ones. It takes place in distant future, but before the events in Under the Burning Suns. The main problem that the heroes are trying to solve is that the Empire of Wesnoth is going to create a new sun, as predicted.

It is possible to continue from one chapter into another. Because of this, it is not possible to choose Lethalia as your leader in chapter 2. This should not be a problem because Lethalia can recruit too.

A few new units, advancing from level 3 units, with special advancements, so you you will have almost no problems with attacking with high-level units.

Efraim is a unique kind of unit right from the beginning.

Completely redone Lethalia. She has attacks that can hit also units adjacent to the target for example.

Redone Efraim, now he has a whirlwind attack, that will hit all enemies surrounding him (pretty much like in NeverWinter Nights 2) for example.

Added portraits for Efraim and Lethalia. They are worse than the units' portraits that used to be there, but not confusable with other characters. I might remove them if you want, but I felt that it might be good to add them.

Fixed a lot of bugs (but a Murphy's law says that I have added much more of them with the changes).
ydcl

Post by ydcl »

Hi, I've an unknown type error
Attachments
LotI1-An_Orcish_Assault_Tour_8.gz
(32.1 KiB) Downloaded 782 times
Eugen

Post by Eugen »

I got an error in the first scenario after upgrading Ephraim

Adamant14

Post by Adamant14 »

Me too.
Attachments
error.gif
Author of Antar, Son of Rheor ( SP Campaign) | Development Thread + Feedback Thread + Replays of ASoR
axds123

Post by axds123 »

I am on scenario in legend of the invincibles chapter 4 and i am required to kill three lords are the lords the royal arriors cause i ikilled 3 royal warriors and said need to kill more lords
U WOT M8
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

I am sorry, I was banned from using internet for a few days, so I could not fix it before.

Now, the unknown unit_type error is fixed (I was doing some minor changes after global testing, and I wasn't careful enough).

The bug preventing you from completing the 'The Way of Assassins' scenario it fixed. It was accidentally set that you could enter only if at least one of the noblemen was alive.

Run 'Update Add-ons' and to correct the problems.

I have also implemented an item drop system, when you kill an enemy, he has a small chance to drop an item. Leaders have 100% chance to drop an item, but if killing the leader is the target of that scenario, he will not drop. The item is randomly chosen from a list of 44 items, some of them are better and more rare than others. Many of them have unique effects. Most of the items cannot be picked by leaders, because it would make them really crazily strong.

I am really sorry for the errors you encountered.

EDIT: I made version 2.02 right now. Slightly reduced the delays while loading scenarios. Thieves can steal now. One new item was added. Lethalia was slightly altered, but the changes are mostly graphical.

EDIT #2: I had to make version 2.03, because of some missing macros in chapter 3 allowing an exploit (that could disrupt some dialogues and could cause some scenarios in chapter 4 to be impossible to complete).