Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
21%
Reaper
12%
Scythemaster
8%
Shadowalker
7%
Shadow Prince
8%
Siege Troll
5%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
8%
Soul Shooter
2%
Swordmaster
11%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
10%
Werewolf Rider
2%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 244

Dugi

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by Dugi »

I have forgotten to add that they were made unredeemable. Together with Argan. Other bosses' level should be high enough to prevent any redeem.

Can anybody upload a save file from the beginning of the Investigations scenario (named LotI2-Investigations.gz)? I was told that there is a bug but I can't experiment with it.
xuanquang

Post by xuanquang »

@Dugi:
LotI2-Investigations.gz
(180.64 KiB) Downloaded 132 times
Some problems in 1.10:
- The "spirit of madman alacrity" doesn't work.
- Elvish Overlord gets unlimited advancements those give one more strike for spell attack (Mine has faerie fire 8 - 12, and can be more)
- In the beginning of "kidnapped", my Krux killed the shadow walker and leveled up, but no advancement board appeared. When he leveled up one more time, just 1 advancement can be chosen. So did he lost 1 AMLA?
- The ability shield (20) reduces resistances of nearby allies which is greater than 60 to 60.
- It looks like there are limits of resistances. The maximum resistance is 70 for arcane, 90 for fire and cold.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Thanks for the save file.
The "spirit of madman alacrity" doesn't work.
It does, I checked it. Maybe you don't know that its effect is not the same as 1 more attack, it simply allows the unit to attack one unit, end the attack, and then you can choose to attack another unit in that turn. You can use more of them and their effects stack (but they may be too rare for any practical use of that kind).
Elvish Overlord gets unlimited advancements those give one more strike for spell attack (Mine has faerie fire 8 - 12, and can be more)
He can take ten of these advancements (I am not sure if it wasn't intentional all these years ago). That's clearly overpowered, so I changed it to extra damage.
In the beginning of "kidnapped", my Krux killed the shadow walker and leveled up, but no advancement board appeared. When he leveled up one more time, just 1 advancement can be chosen. So did he lost 1 AMLA?
That's not like losing 1 advancement, because the maximum experience most likely did not increase (its exponential increase is the main limiting factor). It is clearly a bug, but I can tell nothing from your reply, because it's unlikely to be related to that scenario and that enemy (he isn't special in any way). If you had a save file from before that thing happening, I might be wiser.
The ability shield (20) reduces resistances of nearby allies which is greater than 60 to 60.
I was fixing this in the last update, so it might be just leftovers from the older version.
It looks like there are limits of resistances. The maximum resistance is 70 for arcane, 90 for fire and cold.
Yes, there are. It was me who coded it ;)
Raijer

Post by Raijer »

Well, personnally, resistances are limited to 60%... For all types. Is that intended or does it depend on the unit (Dragon Rider in my case) ?
If you equip a hand unit (Faerie incarnation, for example), with a staff that should give a weapon special (in my case dead end road, greater infect), shouldn't it give it to the melee attack ? Or does it only increase damage ?

Also, strange typo in the first Gladiatrix scenario: At the start of the scenario the speaker says "Today, a we will begin..."

Since it's been quite a long time since the last version (February, so around 6 months, from what i remember), when will the next upload be ?
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

William Ernest Henley
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Physical resistances have a different cap than fire/cold/arcane resistances.

Thanks for reporting that typo.

I have made an update in midsummer, no? I will make an update when I'll have more time. I don't have much time currently and I barely can fix the errors I am reported (note that I am getting some error reports also in PMs).
Paulomat4
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Paulomat4 »

Yes, that's when I last updated
Creator of Dawn of Thunder and Global Unitmarkers

"I thought Naga's used semi-automatic crossbows with incendiary thermite arrows . . . my beliefs that this race is awesome are now shattered." - Evil Earl
Raijer

Post by Raijer »

O_O my bad. I remember now, though i'm still searching for that new item in part II.
Sorry for asking when there was one so recent, but it seems the activity of the topic made me think there were a ton of new things added.
And my mistake on the resistances, i hadn't noticed that there was an unit with the "shield" ability close to it.

William Ernest Henley
xuanquang

Post by xuanquang »

@Dugi:
I've checked the "spirit of madman alacrity" again. It worked in chapter 8, but not in chapter 7. You can see that with the save file.
LotI2-Arctic_Wastelands-Auto-Save1.gz
let Efraim use the potion and try to atack 2 skeletons
(409.79 KiB) Downloaded 145 times
The Krux's problem is here:
LotI2-Kidnapped.gz
(180.94 KiB) Downloaded 131 times
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Spirits of Madman's Alacrity work, even in the scenario you have shown me. What you might be missing is that Efraim had one attack left in that turn. In the other turn, he had the changed maximum of attacks, 2. So right after taking it, you can't attack twice (not perfectly sure, but Greater Healing Potion might fix even that), but in the following turns, you'll be able to attack twice.

I have also fixed the issue with the bandit, I didn't remember that you meant the shadowalker in the cutscene. I removed the buggy experience from the kill, because it shouldn't give experience anyway because it's wesnoth's tradition that experience is gained only for actions that impose some risk (so no experience for healers healing).
Raijer

Post by Raijer »

With Efraim, there are 2 "better with knives" advancements, but one should be "faster with knives".

EDIT: Also, bug with the "temptation" ability: seems like it only works with incubus, not sucubus.

EDIT 2: Also, on hard difficulty, you can probably reduce the turn limit in "Odd World" (the one where you go along the styx). I started grinding for items at turn 70, and the turn limit is 150... Reducing to 125 or even 100 would limit that.

EDIT 3: Is it intended that redeem 12 is slightly less efficient than redeem 11? While it can absorb units of higher levels, but it's less good for level 7 and 8: redeem 11 has 100% with level 7 or lower, while redeem 12 has 90% for level 7, and redeem 11 has 90% for level 8, while redeem 12 has 80%.

William Ernest Henley
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

With Efraim, there are 2 "better with knives" advancements, but one should be "faster with knives".
Fixed.
bug with the "temptation" ability: seems like it only works with incubus, not sucubus.
There was a small bug there, I am not sure where could it possibly kick in (should work in all scenarios), but I fixed it anyway.
on hard difficulty, you can probably reduce the turn limit in "Odd World" (the one where you go along the styx).
Odd World's turn limit is intended only to prevent endless grinding, it was high enough and independent of difficulty. Reduced it to 120.
Is it intended that redeem 12 is slightly less efficient than redeem 11?
Yes, the increase in effectiveness for higher levels is quite significant and I think it's worth trading for the slight decrease of effectiveness for longer level. The formula for the chances on level 11 and some levels bellow changes at level 12 for the formula for final levels, and the overall increase in efficiency should not be too high.

I have also edited the Escape from Oblivion scenario to avoid the problem Hex was writing about. There is no silly barricade, but something far cooler. I need to test it, but I have no save file from that scenario's beginning, can somebody please attach the save file named LotI1-Escape_from_Oblivion.gz?
Raijer

Post by Raijer »

Here you go. Made on 1.11.16.
Attachments
LotI1-Escape_from_Oblivion.gz
(66.02 KiB) Downloaded 123 times

William Ernest Henley
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Thanks for the save file.

I wasn't able to replicate your redeem count issue, neither on 1.10, neither on a late 1.11 version.

The knockback catapult kill issue happened in code that was rewritten afterwards, so bugs there are somewhat irrelevant.
Paulomat4
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Paulomat4 »

hey, I think burning souls are greatly unbalanced to your favor. They give far too much experience for every kill compared to the ease to defeat them. Could you reduce their level a bit? It makes advancing to easy in the last chapter (my efraim who needs 5k+ xp points gained nearly 2k by deafeating only one demon leader and his keep alone)
Creator of Dawn of Thunder and Global Unitmarkers

"I thought Naga's used semi-automatic crossbows with incendiary thermite arrows . . . my beliefs that this race is awesome are now shattered." - Evil Earl
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Okay, I decreased their level. They were indeed quite too easy to kill (but I might make them harder to kill instead of you want).
Also, it's interesting that Hex whined about lacking an item that gives easy movement through caves, mushroom grooves and frozen terrain. There is an item like that already, named Hands of Sorrow. It can drop right from the start. I made it a bit weaker and drop more frequently to avoid more complains of that kind.

And a screenshot of a new feature that will make some players cry their eyes out from happiness:

Neither of the changes I mentioned were uploaded yet.