Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
21%
Reaper
12%
Scythemaster
8%
Shadowalker
7%
Shadow Prince
8%
Siege Troll
5%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
8%
Soul Shooter
2%
Swordmaster
12%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
10%
Werewolf Rider
2%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 241

matsjoyce

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by matsjoyce »

@Konrad2
Spoiler:
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Spoiler:
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Konrad2 wrote:The soldiers of Prince (orange) are not being revived upon dying.
Lethalia said she would not use necromancy on humans or elves.
matsjoyce wrote:You need a distraction while you slip away? Ask @Dugi for that, I'm not sure how much of a plot point it is.
It might be made into a distraction. They might be carried to scenario Any Means Necessary. We can decide together.
matsjoyce wrote:For some reason the "Exterminator's Scythe" is counted as a sword for drops.
Very few units use polearms, so they are not on the usual drop list. They are mainly crafted items. There are only a very few items of that type that drop, so I have not made a category for them.
Konrad2 wrote:Lethalia and Efraim don't want to use necromacy on human(and elvish?) corpses. But plague works vs the humans they attack...so. They are raising human corpses. ._. Maybe deactivate plague vs humans?
It would needlessly complicate the game to players. Some amount of gameplay and story segregation is needed.
Konrad2 wrote:Kamikaze spirit and whirlwind don't work well together. :/
There is no practical solution to this. Something can be done, but it would be overly complicated and extremely bug prone.

@matsjoyce
Thanks for all the help. Please add yourself to the credits.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Spoiler:
EDIT: I just wanted to say, I've always been really happy about being mentioned in the credits of your campaign.

EDIT 2: 'Who am I'
Before remembering who she is, Lethalia has 'regenerates (16)'. After remembering she is left with 'regenerates'.

EDIT 3: 'Part II'
Soulless can no longer level up to Necrophages. They 'can' level up to the broken version of 'monstrosity'.
matsjoyce

Post by matsjoyce »

@Konrad2
Konrad2 wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Konrad2 wrote:EDIT 2: 'Who am I'
Before remembering who she is, Lethalia has 'regenerates (16)'. After remembering she is left with 'regenerates'.
Fixed
Konrad2 wrote:EDIT 3: 'Part II'
Soulless can no longer level up to Necrophages. They 'can' level up to the broken version of 'monstrosity'.
That seems correct. Ghoul => Necrophage and Soulless => Monstrosity. How is the Monstrosity broken?
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

matsjoyce wrote:That seems correct. Ghoul => Necrophage and Soulless => Monstrosity. How is the Monstrosity broken?
Attachments
bug2.png
bug.png
n_mouli

Post by n_mouli »

I am running 1.13.7 version of wesnoth with the latest 3.2.0 version of the campaign. I am finding that, other than the gems and potions, the units can not store any of the other items (weapons, armor) into the item store (but it seemed to work on the first getting-to-know episode). Also when an item is dropped at the end of an episode, the item is not getting added to the store automatically.
I tried running the campaign with the stable release of wesnoth (1.12.x) and the problem is the same there as well.
Is this some mac specific issue?
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
Attachments
LotI1-Shatter_the_Defilers-Auto-Save1.gz
Auto save from next episode without the item on store
(289.42 KiB) Downloaded 217 times
LotI1-Paradise_Lost_Turn_16.1.gz
Save file with a dropped item.
(308.27 KiB) Downloaded 185 times
Last edited by n_mouli on November 24th, 2017, 4:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
matsjoyce

Post by matsjoyce »

@Konrad2 Oo... this again. I know what the problem is, I'll try to fix it soon.

@n_mouli Could you send a save file? The version that is on the addons server is quite old, so you make need to use the GitHub version instead.
n_mouli

Post by n_mouli »

@matsjoyce thanks. I have updated my earlier post with save files.
n_mouli

Post by n_mouli »

@matsjoyce I cloned the latest version of the add-on from github and happy to report that the problem is now resolved.
Thanks.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

'Across the Barren Land'
There is a random item on 54,2. The 'problem' is, 54,2 qualifies as 'northern border' of the map, that means, you automatcally end the scenario by picking this item up (Yes, you still get the item.), even though you might have just wanted to get the item, you still have things to do on the map.
It's easily possible to play around this, but it is a tad annoying. :/

EDIT: 'Mask of Insanity'
The lesser berserk (melee weapons only) doesn't work for my Javelineer. I assume it's because his spear qualifies as ranged and melee? Maybe it's a hotfix to prevent a berserk ranged weapon.
...it does work for the dwarvish hero though.

EDIT 2: whole campaign
Implementing 'Corpse mode' by 'Matobro' would do wonders to improve the scenery. Especially on maps like 'Across the Barren Land'. Stumbling over old warsites, items are lying around, you can see where enemies died... I think that sounds very awesome.

EDIT 3: 'Across the Barren Land' (and probably similar scenarios as well)
Apparently the leaderless ai's objectives look like this: 'Move to an enemy leader' and 'Attack anything you can reach'
There is a possible 'problem' with the first objective though. What if there is no enemy leader they can move to? Let's say he is invisible. Or behind deep water, only nagas and flying drakes can reach. What will the ai units do?
They won't move. They will just stand where they spawned and only attack if somethings get's close enough.
Attachments
LotI2-Across_the_Barren_Land_Turn_33.2.gz
EDIT: Dwarvish Hero
(715.82 KiB) Downloaded 140 times
LotI2-Across_the_Barren_Land_Turn_33.gz
EDIT: Javelineer
(717.33 KiB) Downloaded 167 times
matsjoyce

Post by matsjoyce »

Konrad2 wrote:'Across the Barren Land'
There is a random item on 54,2. The 'problem' is, 54,2 qualifies as 'northern border' of the map, that means, you automatcally end the scenario by picking this item up (Yes, you still get the item.), even though you might have just wanted to get the item, you still have things to do on the map.
It's easily possible to play around this, but it is a tad annoying. :/
Fixed.
Konrad2 wrote:EDIT: 'Mask of Insanity'
The lesser berserk (melee weapons only) doesn't work for my Javelineer. I assume it's because his spear qualifies as ranged and melee? Maybe it's a hotfix to prevent a berserk ranged weapon.
...it does work for the dwarvish hero though.
Was fixed two months ago at https://github.com/Dugy/Legend_of_the_I ... 504da5a308
Konrad2 wrote:EDIT 3: 'Across the Barren Land' (and probably similar scenarios as well)
Apparently the leaderless ai's objectives look like this: 'Move to an enemy leader' and 'Attack anything you can reach'
There is a possible 'problem' with the first objective though. What if there is no enemy leader they can move to? Let's say he is invisible. Or behind deep water, only nagas and flying drakes can reach. What will the ai units do?
They won't move. They will just stand where they spawned and only attack if somethings get's close enough.
The AI is told to be as aggressive as possible, and nothing else. AI magic's not my thing ATM, so someone else'll need to tinker with that.
mattsc
Inactive Developer

Post by mattsc »

matsjoyce wrote:
Konrad2 wrote:EDIT 3: 'Across the Barren Land' (and probably similar scenarios as well)
The AI is told to be as aggressive as possible, and nothing else. AI magic's not my thing ATM, so someone else'll need to tinker with that.
The Experimental AI has a candidate action just for that purpose. It triggers after all other actions, that is, only if the AI did not do anything else, and simply moves each unit toward the closest enemy. So the easiest way of dealing with this would be to use the ExpAI for those scenarios. Whether that gives you exactly the desired behavior depends on what exactly your preferences are.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

matsjoyce wrote: Was fixed two months ago at https://github.com/Dugy/Legend_of_the_I ... 504da5a308
So...when will it be implemented into the official version? ^^
matsjoyce

Post by matsjoyce »

@Konrad2 Well, the last release was in August, so I have no idea. Spam Dugi if you want a new one ASAP.