Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
21%
Reaper
12%
Scythemaster
8%
Shadowalker
7%
Shadow Prince
8%
Siege Troll
5%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
8%
Soul Shooter
2%
Swordmaster
12%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
10%
Werewolf Rider
2%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 241

dabber

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by dabber »

Greater Healing Potion is not restoring attacks anymore. On my turn, I attack an enemy. After that fight ends, I drink Greater Healing. I used to be able to attack again, but not now.

New item drop system is definitely different. In part II, I get more better items, mostly. I think I've only see a Claymore (insta-scrap) once.
However, I almost never see a book. I think I have only gotten two books. While I know books are rare, this feels too rare.
ArcTrickster

Post by ArcTrickster »

Hi, after an extremely long time of playing LotI an extremely high amount of times and trying so many different things, I decided to make my first post here to,one, thank all of the contributors for this masterpiece (by far the most favorite campaign in Wesnoth and probably the reason I keep playing this game), and, two, point out certain things that make the experience better for me and maybe for others as well. Let's start:

- Elder Mage. After getting some advancements with lightning, getting arcane pen as well, he gets to chance his arcane type to lightning. Now, this is not always an upgrade. A lot of units have negative Arcane Res, thus making Elder Mage hit less on those targets. Add to that the existing penetration he gets from upgrades and items, on top of things like conviction, most of the time, if not always, you end up losing out on damage. I suggest that the lightning damage is added as a new attack to be used in those few cases where the enemy has like 100% Arcane Res, thus making the lightning useful.

- A lot of units, even though very interesting, are extremely weak when getting to the later stages of the game, fighting demons etc. Units like Duelist Wizard (strong tank but lacks a lot of damage), Elvish Overlord and so on are kinda unplayable after a certain point because they can die instantly, unless you have dedicated your strongest items / craftings on them, and even then, they are still not able to diss out a lot of damage. Maybe reworking their upgrades to make them more viable could be a good thing.

- At the same time, this makes for basically only a handful of strong (extremely strong) units to be used consistently. Dwarvish Battlerager, Elvish Nightprowler with Unrepenting Bow, Swordmaster with terrain + resistance reduction attacks, Elder Mage with huge damage and penetration, Champion for endless tanking (low chance to be hit, 80% Res, healing off of misses) etc. Other units need to be buffed in some way to make them worth using.

- Legacy possessed needs some work as well. A lot of the times it will be an upgrade that is not really useful on the unit, like Fire Dragon on Elder Mage, Lawful on Chaotic units etc. The solutions are to either have the Legacy preknown, so that we know which units to level up (those with the good ones), or have the Legacy system kinda reworked so that certain units cannot gain access to some. Also, I believe there can be more ideas for Legacy lines and advancements.

- Last, I feel there is the need to clear up what is considered a "spell attack" for the purposes of "spells suck 1..." vs "sucks 1...", or when weapons say "increase damage by 20%", but only increasing most melee and some ranged damage. Same for "increasing physical resistances" vs "resistance to blade increased by", which causes some confusion, as increasing blade resistance by 5% is different to increasing blade resistance by 5%.

There are probably other things as well, but these are some form the top of my head right now. If you want more details on anything I said, feel free to ask so that I can give more feedback.
I am the Trickster. And, as you already know, you can NOT trick the Trickster.
dabber

Post by dabber »

ArcTrickster wrote: February 8th, 2020, 10:50 pm- A lot of units, even though very interesting, are extremely weak when getting to the later stages of the game, fighting demons etc.
While I tend to agree with your statement, I disagree with most of your examples. I typically value a unit based primarily on how much damage they can deal on the enemy turn, while you appear to care more about performance on your turn.
I love Duelist wizard. Yes, they are pretty useless when the enemy attacks them in melee, but they don't die. On offense, with the right buffing, mine deals incredible damage. Duelist wizard is one of the few units whose offensive damage output is high enough that I am willing to ignore the poor defensive damage output.
I never use the Dwarf Battlerager because I have to protect him from enemy ranged attacks, especially from demons.
I like Swordmaster sometimes, but mainly for slaughtering bosses - Doom attack, Stormrend, Mask of Insanity. I'm sometimes willing to protect him defensively for that benefit.
Champion survives fine on defense, but his ranged damage is quite low and the enemy always attacks him with ranged.
Elvish Overlord is kinda 'meh', and only works against demons if you can get him a bunch of arcane penetration. Or maybe a dragon legacy. I have one right now in chapter 9 that has enough enemy de-buffs that he doesn't get attacked much. Works a lot better in part 1 than part 2.

Your point about legacies has been said repeatedly for years. It is kinda baked into the design. If the legacy is important, you make that the first AMLA and then discard the unit if you don't like the legacy. Once you have some good buffing unit, getting a new unit to first AMLA is pretty fast in most cases.
ArcTrickster

Post by ArcTrickster »

Alright, the Duelist Wizard vs Elder Mage argument.

DW can do Absorb + reflect, which is decent tankiness and damage defensively and basically becomes unkillable with good Res. But there are other units that can defend even better than him (Dwarvish Protector), while also dealing decent damage defensively as well, while not having the need to dedicate strong defensive items on them.

Elder Mage is way better offensively than DW, easily in a position to deal 2-3 times more damage, while also having Doom ability. Defensively, he isn't as strong, which is why you can protect him just a little bit from melee attacks mostly.

I do not see your argument with Battlerager (and that mindset in general). Protecting units is kinda easy. You are already moving as a group of 10-15 units, so you can start off with your Rager going first, killing a high-value target, while staying at near max HP (based on healing itemization), and then he is surrounded afterwards by his own team with their own attacks, progressing forward. His only negative is when having to deal with Lethargy, which is lethal to him if he isn't advanced enough.

I use the exact same build for Swordmaster, 7-8 attacks x2, every boss will get to 0% terrain 90% of the time, with their res being cut to nothing as well.

Champion is EXTREMELY OP. He gets 80% terrain ANYWHERE, therefore the only actual threat is magical attacks. He generally reaches 80% res when defending as well, while also around 150 HP. It's really hard to pin him down in a group. If you also use "mockery / dark sarcasm" on him (healing for 2 HP if enemies miss a shot), he basically becomes unkillable. I had a build where he had 200HP, anger for 2x attacks dealt - taken, soul thrash gloves, absorb 1 or 2. suck 1 and the mockery thing. Even from strong magical attacks, he would only get hit for 10 damage max, and heal 2 of that, and then next turn, he would attack and go to full HP again.

Another late-game strong unit is that Dark Scythe Wraith thing ( I forget its name). Once you stack him up with Arcane Res, he basically becomes unkillable because he gets drain on his melee attacks, and if you pump him with damage and leech items, he is extremely strong.

If I had to pick a line up with 5-10 units, excluding leaders, I'd use:
- Swordmaster tank with trickery + doom, simply for the bosses.
- Faerie Incarnation support build + heal (granting Res to those around her + 34 heals)
- Elder Mage. Super high attack that basically ignores Res, also gets explosive for AoE, decent itemization for defense as well.
- Elvish Nightprowler with Unrepenting, basically the best offensive unit. Stack him with as much pierce Pen and he can deal like 1k+ damage safely
- Champion, as stated above
- Battleragers. Smart build will make them unkillable, if protected correctly.
- Dwarvish Protectors, just for the frontline, especially needed earlier on.

-Outlaws are kinda weak. They are fun to play (Exterminator is fun, Shadow Prince), but they cannot do as much as others. The rangers are also weak.
-Orcs are bad. Warmongers are ok for Mayhem, but anything else is meh.
-Undead are weak defensively. They need very careful itemization to even become relevant and safe.
-Maulers are strong, but still lack defenses and can be blown up easily by a cold attack demon.
-Most Elves are weak, or there are other units that do what they do, but better. Juggernaut is an example of such a pick, but Swordmaster does what he does, but better.
-Humans (Longbowman, Scythemaster) are mostly bad. Maybe Dragon Rider is ok for his charge nuke.

All these units need some shake up in their advancements to make them standout. Like, why would you pick a Longbowman over Nightprowler? They both do the same thing, but NP is 10x better. And there are a lot of examples like these.

EDIT: I care about the damage I do on my turn, because then I know how I can position my units in such a way that I can protect the defenseless ones. Therefore, I want to be in a position to nuke any enemies that get in my way of said positioning. The enemy can then not do much on their turn, since I have an extremely strong frontline that they cannot get past from. Then, next turn, I can just repeat, clear out enemies with my strong attackers, and form a defensive formation with strong defenders. Doing a lot of damage on enemy turn isn't that important, honestly. It doesn't really matter if you bring that enemy demon from 100HP to 50HP on the enemy turn, if you are gonna deal 150+ on yours anyway.
I am the Trickster. And, as you already know, you can NOT trick the Trickster.
Whiskeyjack

Post by Whiskeyjack »

Dragon rider falls into the category of: can easily be itemized to strong defense while still doing decent damage and doesn't need penetration because of a varied damage profile (especially with another dragon legacy or legacy of the freezing north). Also great movement speed. Good generalist unit without anything really special.

Duelist Wizard can be brought up to considerable offensive potential due to interactions with Book of Fireballs. Absorb is also crazy strong, you severely underestimate getting absorb(3) basically for free. And teleport is great utility if you split your forces (for me it was always too boring to just build one block of units that run around in the same formation all campaign long...)

Both elvish archer lines can be very good, especially early on, with Thornsword and the penetration armor + a good bow.
Sorceress line needs a lot of AMLAs to be good, but then is one of the best units in the game (so, lategame...).
Juggernaut can be a good ranging (solo) unit for part 1, because it can be built quite defensively while doing ok damage and having strong regeneration.

Dwarvish Hero was nerfed pretty hard, but is still better than Protector IMO (because similar defense, stronger damage, and magical attack). Needs highlander trait to deal relevant damage though. Of course, that only applies once you have a surplus of items, protector can be build into frontline material more easily.
(Also, he gets an extra weapon slot, and there are really good +movement axes lying around. Ironically, the Dwarvish Hero is usually one of my fastest units, because it's also one of the few units that can still use the penetration boots with +2 movement on higher difficulties.)

Strongest unit (if itemized correctly) is still Ancient Lich via ancient lich book with a good legacy. I'd argue that rank 2-4 are held by Elvish Sorceress and the other two lich advancements when going that route (not counting Leth and Ef). 3 extra weapons and a legacy on an undead unit are... pretty decent...
Under blood-red skies, an old man sits
In the ruins of Carthage - contemplating prophecy.
bobpanda

Post by bobpanda »

Whiskeyjack wrote: February 9th, 2020, 2:35 pm Dragon rider falls into the category of: can easily be itemized to strong defense while still doing decent damage and doesn't need penetration because of a varied damage profile (especially with another dragon legacy or legacy of the freezing north). Also great movement speed. Good generalist unit without anything really special.

Duelist Wizard can be brought up to considerable offensive potential due to interactions with Book of Fireballs. Absorb is also crazy strong, you severely underestimate getting absorb(3) basically for free. And teleport is great utility if you split your forces (for me it was always too boring to just build one block of units that run around in the same formation all campaign long...)

Both elvish archer lines can be very good, especially early on, with Thornsword and the penetration armor + a good bow.
Sorceress line needs a lot of AMLAs to be good, but then is one of the best units in the game (so, lategame...).
Juggernaut can be a good ranging (solo) unit for part 1, because it can be built quite defensively while doing ok damage and having strong regeneration.

Dwarvish Hero was nerfed pretty hard, but is still better than Protector IMO (because similar defense, stronger damage, and magical attack). Needs highlander trait to deal relevant damage though. Of course, that only applies once you have a surplus of items, protector can be build into frontline material more easily.
(Also, he gets an extra weapon slot, and there are really good +movement axes lying around. Ironically, the Dwarvish Hero is usually one of my fastest units, because it's also one of the few units that can still use the penetration boots with +2 movement on higher difficulties.)

Strongest unit (if itemized correctly) is still Ancient Lich via ancient lich book with a good legacy. I'd argue that rank 2-4 are held by Elvish Sorceress and the other two lich advancements when going that route (not counting Leth and Ef). 3 extra weapons and a legacy on an undead unit are... pretty decent...
But how can I get an ancient lich? As far as I know, there's no chance to get a dark adept or a necromancer...
lhybrideur

Post by lhybrideur »

Isn't there a book allowing a dying unit to turn to lich ? Tome of Liches I think.
Whiskeyjack

Post by Whiskeyjack »

bobpanda wrote: February 10th, 2020, 6:43 amBut how can I get an ancient lich? As far as I know, there's no chance to get a dark adept or a necromancer...
Exactly as explained above. You get a Tome of Liches, give that to a unit, take a couple AMLAs from the book (until you get the one "becomes a lich upon death"), then you let the unit die et voilá... you have a lich.
nachkar

Post by nachkar »

That lich equipment thing, if I remember correct, was :

mage of light (mace+staff) ==> pophet(mace inherited + staff sword spear) ==> lich trough legacy or book (inherited mace sword spear + staff and otherworld legacy or if lichking, axe and xbow)

correct? or is it some other/new way?
(and is it not possible trough legacy anymore? since you guys only mention the book)
Whiskeyjack

Post by Whiskeyjack »

Legacy of Undeath should still work, but this way you lose the legacy the lich would otherwise have. The other way to get three items is Exterminator (scythe, knife, dagger), although you'll have to craft to get anything useful out of that.
bobpanda

Post by bobpanda »

Whiskeyjack wrote: February 10th, 2020, 1:29 pm
bobpanda wrote: February 10th, 2020, 6:43 amBut how can I get an ancient lich? As far as I know, there's no chance to get a dark adept or a necromancer...
Exactly as explained above. You get a Tome of Liches, give that to a unit, take a couple AMLAs from the book (until you get the one "becomes a lich upon death"), then you let the unit die et voilá... you have a lich.
Alright, thank you very much!
dwarftough

Post by dwarftough »

In 10th chapter you receive a loyal Dark Sorcerer from the start so you can get a lich traditional way. But only one time :)
Co-founder and current maintainer of IsarFoundation, Afterlife Rated and overall Wesnoth Autohost Project
Developer and maintainer of my fork of World Conquest, Invincibles Conquest II
Ah_Morre

Post by Ah_Morre »

Hey I (finally) just finished the campaign, and I just want to thank you for your great and glorious work, this add-on is absolutely great, with so many new features and a well designed story, thanks for providing hours of entertainment!
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Konrad2 wrote: January 15th, 2020, 11:21 am 'Stable' version
Part II, Chapter VI, S2 'Who Am I'
Items lying around seem to appear on turn 2 instead of turn 1.
This was intentional because of some implementation details. It's no longer relevant due to the recent revamp of item system, so I changed it to turn 1.
Konrad2 wrote: January 15th, 2020, 11:21 am The 'feed, or do you want to stay weak' event for Efraim can trigger after you defeat the enemy leader, resetting your xp and your soul eater count.
Fixed.
Konrad2 wrote: January 15th, 2020, 11:21 am PII, ChVI, S3 'Into the Light'
immerse power -> immense
Fixed.
Konrad2 wrote: January 15th, 2020, 11:21 am Also, the 'Unit information' hotkey doesn't do anything for me.
For me, it does. Are you sure you pressed Shift + I and not Ctrl + I as it would be logical?
Konrad2 wrote: January 15th, 2020, 11:21 am Is it intentional that I can't drop eqiupped items on the ground?
You can. It's just positioned in that small down arrow next to the unequip button.
Konrad2 wrote: January 15th, 2020, 11:21 am S7
were -> where
Fixed.
Konrad2 wrote: January 15th, 2020, 11:21 am EDIT:
I think 'firecast' might have turned my 1.14.9 wesnoth unresponsive just now. The problem is, I can't reproduce it, I'm not sure about the cause, and the log doesn't seem to be saying anything about it. I just know that I killed an enemy with firecast and then the game turned unresponsive before I obtained xp for the kill.
LotI2-Misguiding Lives-Auto-Save5.gz
Last lines of the log:
Spoiler:
The log is completely irrelevant. I don't know what caused it, but if WML freezes, it is guaranteed to unfreeze after some time (depending on the complexity of the code, it can be anywhere from a few seconds). Firecast is implemented purely in WML, no lua, so if it's really a bug in firecast, it should unfreeze eventually. If it doesn't, it's probably a bug in Wesnoth. LotI kinda stretches it to the limits.
Konrad2 wrote: January 15th, 2020, 11:21 am The fireball attack granted by the Pyromancer's Ring lacks an attack animation.
I could not figure out how to make the unit move, I could not do it like in the advancements. Now it should be different with the new inventory system, I might figure something out.
Konrad2 wrote: January 15th, 2020, 11:21 am EDIT 2:
Diamond description
properties -> properties.
You have corrected a correct word to the same word.
Konrad2 wrote: January 15th, 2020, 11:21 am EDIT 3:
Topaz description
is not neglectful -> is not be neglected
Fixed.
Konrad2 wrote: January 15th, 2020, 11:21 am EDIT 4:
PI, Ch5
You can enter the Eastern Guardian Room from the Library, but you can't enter the the Library from the Eastern Guardian Room.
That's a secret location, it shouldn't be too easy to find and Eastern Guardian Room is too easy to search.
Konrad2 wrote: January 15th, 2020, 11:21 am EDIT 5:
Tutorial
Delenia gains mp at the start of the 2nd turn.
Fixed.
Konrad2 wrote: January 15th, 2020, 11:21 am And I somehow managed to turn the Sword of Krux into the Twinkling Sword.
LotI1-An Orcish Assault-Auto-Save1.gz

I wanted to reproduce the bug and save a replay this time, but now I messed the tutorial up in a different way. ._.
Luckily including the same bug.
I tried to pick up the Sword of Krux within the 'Items' dialog, which didn't work. But when I stepped on the sword, it asked me multiple times if I want to pick it up, which apparently stacked it's effects?
LotI1-Tutorial replay.gz
LotI1-An Orcish Assault-Auto-Save1.gz
wesnoth-20200116-095558-4820.log
Can you give me exact steps where should I click to replicate this? I managed to cause it once, which generated multiple tutorial sword pick events that all added the sword bonuses to him. I never managed to generate them again, so I could not replicate the cause of the problem.
Konrad2 wrote: January 15th, 2020, 11:21 am Also, when Efraim stops you from using a 'back' button in the tutorial, the dialog closes afterwards even if you use the correct button.
When exactly?
Konrad2 wrote: January 15th, 2020, 11:21 am EDIT 6:
Charging backstab
According to the description this weapon special is active when the victim is facing backwards to the attacker. But in truth it is active if and only if there is a unit on the other side of the victim which is an enemy of the victim. So it works just like backstab.
(Probably a mistake in the description, not in the code.)
It was based on an old description of backstab, if I recall correctly.
Konrad2 wrote: January 15th, 2020, 11:21 am EDIT 7:
It would be quite nice if you could buy multiple gems at once from the trader, even if it's just multiple gems of one kind. Imagine wanted to buy 20 gems and having to buy them one at a time.
I plan to overhaul the traders at some point, giving them fancier GUIs and something. I will try to remember this request.
Konrad2 wrote: January 15th, 2020, 11:21 am EDIT 8:
Across the Barren Land
The map makes me think that the side 6 leader (orcs) should spawn on 13,32 (human ruined castle on flat) instead of 44,15 (ruined sand castle in desert), and that on 44,15 a side 7 leader (drakes) should spawn. Sides 2-6 spawn a leader each, but side 7 doesn't. And there are 6 castles (not counting my start keep) but only 5 leaders spawn.
So maybe it's a mistake, maybe it's not. It certainly feels off.
Orc spawn corrected, but the drakes don't have any leader spawn event. It seems intentional, because there is an orc leader assigned to the keep on 44,15.
Konrad2 wrote: January 15th, 2020, 11:21 am EDIT 9:
Description Infernal Knight
Tales are told of the mightiest warriors and generals, who, cursed with hate and stung by betrayal, have experimented with demonic magic and returned back to this world as Death Knights. -> Infernal
Fixed.
Konrad2 wrote: January 15th, 2020, 11:21 am EDIT 10:
If my Knight carries a Precious Eagle Cactus Fruit (heal +40) and advances to a Paladin, the heals +40 will be discarded for the new heals + 4.
This might be true for any non healer unit that carries an item that grants a heal, advancing to a healer unit.

Native healing abilities disable healing abilites granted by items.
The current implementation of the item system would allow hiding all healing abilities except one. What do you guys think, should it be the sum or the maximum?
Konrad2 wrote: January 15th, 2020, 11:21 am EDIT 11:
If a unit has overlapping 'heal more' advancements paths (like a healer unit with the legacy of light), whatever was chosen last is the healing ability the unit gets. So you could accidentally replace your heal +16 with a heal +11.
And in general it would be cool if overlapping advancement paths would count for each others completion and in case of legacy advancements, check if the unit already has the abilities or alignments an advancement would grant. (Looking at the Prophet or Celestial Messenger with the Legacy of Light advancements granting them a standard healing, lawful alignment, and illuminate.)
This would require quite an overhaul of the advancement system using some new features of wesnoth 1.14 (specifically, the possibility to add advancements using [effect]). I am, however, extremely fearful to touch the advancement system because it's one big workaround that is very error prone.
Konrad2 wrote: January 16th, 2020, 10:09 pm Efraim the Demigod is able to cheat himself an advancement by using 'Alter advancement' before he has leveled. (This might be the case for Lethalia as well if you chose to play as Lethalia in chapte VI.)
If he does so, the advancement option 'leadership (as level 5 unit)' shows up, even though he already has that ability. The game seems to think that this is the altered advancement choice, so I guess you really shouldn't 'cheat' that way, unless you don't want any leadership advancements avaible.
He gets several advancements by default, I am not sure if I should prevent the player from changing at least one of them.
Konrad2 wrote: January 16th, 2020, 10:09 pm EDIT:
How come that Efraims knife attack is attack only in Apologies?
He has it only as Preserved Lich, not as a Demigod.
Konrad2 wrote: January 16th, 2020, 10:09 pm EDIT 3:
Another Orcish Assault
For some reason my enemy has a village under control which is right next to my starting keep even though he is on the other side of the map. (32,33)
LotI2-Another Orcish Assault-Auto-Save1.gz
They control all the area outside of the town.
Konrad2 wrote: January 16th, 2020, 10:09 pm I've got a gem in my item storage. Also, some but not all units have apparently gems equipped. So far I've found 2 Diamonds and one Topaz. It's very confusing for me.
Spoiler:
I think this Topaz landed in my item storage when it was picked up last scenario as a 'Picked item x which you couldn't pick up.'
Picking up gems is implemented in the same way as picking up gems and the gems linger on that unit for a while. They shouldn't be shown. Can you give me a save file where they are incorrectly shown and instructions how to view them?
dwarftough wrote: January 24th, 2020, 2:48 am There is a bug in the version of LotI I've played (Don't recall which version, I'll write here when I am back to my comp). In chapter 10 "Idols Falling" scenario you need to kill all disguised demons in the temple, and the last of them is Demon False Prophet. I attacked him with Krux, and Krux redeemed him, and scenario wasn't finished properly, lesser redeem wasn't counted as a kill. I had to reload this move and just killed him in a normal way.
It should activate the kill event properly and if it doesn't, ending the turn while all demons are dead should trigger victory.
dwarftough wrote: January 24th, 2020, 2:48 am And btw, I didn't get how Krux is improved with achieving lesser redeem aim score. Does he acquire some stats improvement or what?
He gets some extra life, resistances, later also some damage and penetration.
WackoJacko wrote: February 1st, 2020, 1:48 pm I remember playing LotI a while ago (more than a year) and I'm pretty sure books used to add a 20% penalty to your max XP. However I can't find anything in the "Help" section, is this still the case?
No, they don't. Every book advancement adds 20% to the experience the unit needs to advance, just like any other. However, special units like demigods or preserved liches get less than 20% to the experience to advance normally, so the 20% from book advancements can be quite punishing.
dabber wrote: February 6th, 2020, 8:57 pm Greater Healing Potion is not restoring attacks anymore. On my turn, I attack an enemy. After that fight ends, I drink Greater Healing. I used to be able to attack again, but not now.
You have fixed it.
dabber wrote: February 6th, 2020, 8:57 pm New item drop system is definitely different. In part II, I get more better items, mostly. I think I've only see a Claymore (insta-scrap) once.
However, I almost never see a book. I think I have only gotten two books. While I know books are rare, this feels too rare.
Books were intentionally made quite rare. I can change it if you want.
Ah_Morre wrote: February 22nd, 2020, 4:06 am Hey I (finally) just finished the campaign, and I just want to thank you for your great and glorious work, this add-on is absolutely great, with so many new features and a well designed story, thanks for providing hours of entertainment!
I like reading this.
After all these years, I finally learned how you came to pick that name. I never got the idea to google it and then a person on my facebook friend list advertised a book and when I read it, I spotted something familiar...

Regarding that discussion about unit types being all but balanced in late game:

There was no way for me to predict what will emerge out of the properties I set to those units. I expected it to end up this way, but it's the expected consequence of being quite free to unleash your creativity.

I can make a poll about unit powers and those found to be weak will get some new or improved advancements, what do you say?
Whiskeyjack

Post by Whiskeyjack »

Dugi wrote: March 2nd, 2020, 11:36 pm
After all these years, I finally learned how you came to pick that name. I never got the idea to google it and then a person on my facebook friend list advertised a book and when I read it, I spotted something familiar...
Welcome to the greatest book series I've ever read. I wish you as much joy with it as I had! :D

(It is also the only series I've ever read that's even better the second time while being already great :lol: )