Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
21%
Reaper
12%
Scythemaster
8%
Shadowalker
7%
Shadow Prince
8%
Siege Troll
5%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
8%
Soul Shooter
2%
Swordmaster
11%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
10%
Werewolf Rider
2%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 244

dark_Crag

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by dark_Crag »

Reproduction: error appeared at the beginnig of turn 5. Auto_save4 is attached.

20130516 00:09:00 error scripting/lua: game_error: unknown unit type: Mostrosity
stack traceback:
: in function 'cmd'
D:/Hry/Battle for Wesnoth/data/lua/wml-tags.lua:297: in function 'handle_event_commands'
D:/Hry/Battle for Wesnoth/data/lua/wml-tags.lua:312: in function 'if_while_handler'
D:/Hry/Battle for Wesnoth/data/lua/wml-tags.lua:318: in function 'cmd'
D:/Hry/Battle for Wesnoth/data/lua/wml-tags.lua:297: in function 'handle_event_commands'
D:/Hry/Battle for Wesnoth/data/lua/wml-tags.lua:312: in function 'if_while_handler'
D:/Hry/Battle for Wesnoth/data/lua/wml-tags.lua:297: in function <D:/Hry/Battle for Wesnoth/data/lua/wml-tags.lua:261>
20130516 00:09:00 error scripting/lua: game_error: unknown unit type: Mostrosity
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'cmd'
D:/Hry/Battle for Wesnoth/data/lua/wml-tags.lua:297: in function <D:/Hry/Battle for Wesnoth/data/lua/wml-tags.lua:261>
Attachments
LotI1-Underground-Auto-Save4.gz
(470.97 KiB) Downloaded 192 times
Currently playing: Legend of the Invincibles
Already finished on BfW 1.11.X: Heir to the Throne, A Tale of Two Brothers, Rebellion in the North
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

That's been already reported. I fixed it, but not uploaded yet because it is not a showstopper bug and it's not near the beginning or something. I will upload it once that there will be more significant changes.
arobinson

Post by arobinson »

Have come back to try the new campaign, but starting from the "Another orcish assault". With a pilum master equipped with an explosion lance, the advancement failed (no AMLA offered). If I reloaded the save and un-equipped the lance, it works as expected.
Running Wesnoth 1.12.4 on Mac OSX 10.10
Campaigns:
Raijer

Post by Raijer »

I think it has already been reported but not uploaded. Does the same with the ability "mind raid" (don't remember which bow).
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

William Ernest Henley
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

The fix for this is relatively complicated and I don't have the time and energy to work on it at the moment, but I know that this might cause problems.

Welcome back, arobinson.
Silux

Post by Silux »

I'm trying a fresh start on Chapter 9, but demons are just too powerful for any lvl4 unequipped unit.
The only units that have some value against demons are your leaders.
It's doable with 350gold though
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

I gave you quite a load of starting items at the beginning of chapter 9, no? Really a lot of them.

Btw, did you encounter the problem bigkahuna mentioned recently, that you had to wait for a minute between each of the starting AMLA advancements?
Raijer

Post by Raijer »

In chapter 6,playing with efraim, i'm at "arxadia"(something like that),and the objectives seem strange. It doesn't say anything about the human leader or the orc leader. Just "enter the library". As Efraim is supposed to be a good guy, shouldn't there be at least a loss condition if the human leader dies?
In the precedent scenario(i can't play the game right now, and i don't remember the name), i propose you make the thieves go a little farther (stay even more north, closer to their keep), so you can see the cavern around the same time you see them, i didn't understand there were some other enemies until i used "shroud" to see if there were items ( i know, cheating is bad ).

William Ernest Henley
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

In part 6, Efraim isn't exactly the good guy neither. He does not like harming the innocent, but the orcish assault is not his fault and his priority is to learn what is in the library, not to protect somebody.

The scenario before it is Heart Mountains. I am allowing them to move 2 hexes further. By the way, there is another entrance to the cave that you can use to avoid fighting orcs as well.
Raijer

Post by Raijer »

In my case, it's more that i wanted to get exp than to avoid fighting, but some might want to go faster.

In "arxadia" wouldn't it be a problem for efraim if the orcs entered the library before him? I know i'm stubborn, but i think the loss conditions don't fit.

William Ernest Henley
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

It has been already suggested that orcs entering the library might be a losing condition, but that isn't the best option in my opinion, because if one of them chose to go there, there would be no way to stop him.

And you have to fight the orcs anyway, because they are between you and the library. If not, should I move their base elsewhere?
arobinson

Post by arobinson »

It looks like doombringer still suffers from the AMLA bug as well. If you happen to "disintegrate" the enemy on the attack that causes the unit to level, the AMLA will not work. Since you say that it is hard to fix these items, I would suggest just removing the buggy attributes from the game (disintegrate, explosion on the explosion lance, the mind stealing, etc.).

I like the doombringer sword (the slow is hard to give up) so I'll probably just hack the item in the same game, removing the ability manually.

BTW, the new redeem is better, making it only active on occasion, thanks for that change.
Running Wesnoth 1.12.4 on Mac OSX 10.10
Campaigns:
Raijer

Post by Raijer »

Actually, for this scenario, i could win it in something like 4-5 turns, just the time for an unit like a knight to reach the library. I'm not doing it only because i still have some level 3s around that i want to get to level 4. More than that, when i'm playing this scenario for exp, i just leave the human leader alone to get butchered by the main orc force and use that to take the castle while leaving some hex to let the orc leader recruit and give me units to kill. The problem is there, if i try to kill the orc without thinking about exp, the human leader will still die, but with those conditions i just don't care and just take all my time getting exp. There's no actual difficulty.

William Ernest Henley
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

@arobinson I know about that bug, basically everything that adds exp in an abnormal way can lead to bugs with AMLA. I was too busy and tired to work on it, but hopefully it should be getting better now.
And yeah, removing the buggy thing from Doombringer requires almost no knowledge about the code.

@Raijer Would it be better if I placed the human leader right in front of the library, and make you win only if Efraim enters the library (in fact, it wasn't indented that you win if any unit enters the library), and make the enemies stronger?
Raijer

Post by Raijer »

Yup, that would be a lot better, since i won this one with a bowman that happened to be close by at the end of the fight...
Got to chap. 7, and there's a bug with the redeem count. It says "6 reedem are required to get new advancements", but i'm at lvl 2, so it should say the total need (8) or, if you made it so it would say the real-time need, it should say 7 as i redeemed only 1 guy in lvl 2 redeem.
Out of that, a little problem, is that my attack list is too long with lethalia, and redeem is in the part that doesn't appear. I suppose there's no way to give a specific order to attacks, but would be good still.

William Ernest Henley