Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
21%
Reaper
12%
Scythemaster
8%
Shadowalker
7%
Shadow Prince
8%
Siege Troll
5%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
8%
Soul Shooter
2%
Swordmaster
11%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
10%
Werewolf Rider
2%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 244

Dugi

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by Dugi »

matsjoyce wrote:@Dugi Is there any way we could get lavaflow (from EPIC_SPELLS in chapter5_utils.cfg) in the Inferno? I think it might add some interesting tactics for dealing with the hordes. It would come with a good deal of lethargy though (or use one per scenario).
It is doable, but the ability to hammer through walls would reveal hidden locations and open passages supposed to be closed.
nachkar

Post by nachkar »

It's been some time i havent played Loti, I saw there's a nice few updates and even better, you reworked/added stuff to 4 and 9 ! Since its been even much longer I havent played c1-5, I started a brand new fresh game from the github version.

Few comments so far, including bugs (my apologies if already posted, just ignore then ^^) :
- them new shop sprites... look great ! It adds a lot, compared to a lone neutral troop that you had as shops before, and the sprite is really nice
- the "Something" spear gives (among other boni) 1% pierce penetration. Is that meant as a troll/fun perk, or perhaps meant to be a 10% ?
- the "Touch of Death" gloves (-4 attacks +18 dmg) have a slight problem thats common in rpgs where you substract values... it seems like below the minimum, you get the max value. Or so I concluded at least, tested on a human Horseman (2 attacks), and the gloves gave it an absurdly high number. I'll add that I could play maybe 2 turns then during end-of turn I crashed. Wasnt sure it was cause of that, so I tried again twice. After three crashes I unequipped the gloves, and the crashes stopped appearing (it crashed during the ennemy turn when ennemy had a chance to attack said unit.... probably had a rough chance calculating the outcome? ^^' )

That's all for now, very excited though (new items, new sprites, new content, thanks for the hard work as always Dugi, and to all those who helped as well :)).
Probably more comments in the day to come
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Thanks for the feedback.
nachkar wrote: them new shop sprites... look great ! It adds a lot, compared to a lone neutral troop that you had as shops before, and the sprite is really nice
Say thanks to SFault for recommending me to do that.
nachkar wrote: the "Something" spear gives (among other boni) 1% pierce penetration. Is that meant as a troll/fun perk, or perhaps meant to be a 10% ?
It's a typo.
nachkar wrote: the "Touch of Death" gloves (-4 attacks +18 dmg) have a slight problem thats common in rpgs where you substract values... it seems like below the minimum, you get the max value.
Maybe I could nerf it a bit. Maybe half its increase damage effect? If you think the crashes are caused by the lack of balance, it would rule it out.
DuckyWucky2

Post by DuckyWucky2 »

So, I thing everyone is ready for Part III and IV now Dugi > >
Would be so keen for another set of adventures in the future :)
nachkar

Post by nachkar »

Dugi wrote:
nachkar wrote: the "Touch of Death" gloves (-4 attacks +18 dmg) have a slight problem thats common in rpgs where you substract values... it seems like below the minimum, you get the max value.
Maybe I could nerf it a bit. Maybe half its increase damage effect? If you think the crashes are caused by the lack of balance, it would rule it out.
Oh I didnt mean it to be too strong, I meant that equiping it gave me over 9000000 amounts of attacks, giving me whats closest to infinite damage, and that definitely seemed like a bug oO (+crashes i felt where related to it, but only did one kind of test, and not an expert :P )
Sorry if my 1st post wasnt clear at all ^^
Bachibouzooo

Post by Bachibouzooo »

Hi,

I played this campaign, and found it amazing ! We cannot but congratulate Dugi's work. It seem he's working on this campaign for many years.
I didn't have the courage to read the 6334 replies of this topic, So I would have liked to know if there was a french translation of the campaign, or if someone tried to translate some parts of this campaign in french.

If there is nothing about french translation, I could start translating the first chapters in french... ^^

Bachi
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

DuckyWucky2 wrote:Would be so keen for another set of adventures in the future :)
I am working on something, but it's not going to have Efraim and Lethalia as protagonists. Also, I have somewhat bitten more than I can chew, so it taking long and might take long until it's playable.
nachkar wrote:Oh I didnt mean it to be too strong, I meant that equiping it gave me over 9000000 amounts of attacks, giving me whats closest to infinite damage, and that definitely seemed like a bug oO (+crashes i felt where related to it, but only did one kind of test, and not an expert :P )
That bug was fixed, but not on the server version. Get the GitHub version (see the initial post), that one works well.
Bachibouzooo wrote:there was a french translation of the campaign
No.
Bachibouzooo wrote:someone tried to translate some parts of this campaign in french
No.

Je comprends cette langue, mais je n'ais pas l'utilisé longtemps, alors je l'écris lentement et avec beaucoup des erreurs. Je ne peux pas le traduire, alors je serai ravi si tu peux le traduire. Mais c'est une quantité énorme de travail. Je peux t'aider, le traducteur allemand m'a donné des informations utiles.
nachkar

Post by nachkar »

Dugi wrote:
nachkar wrote:Oh I didnt mean it to be too strong, I meant that equiping it gave me over 9000000 amounts of attacks, giving me whats closest to infinite damage, and that definitely seemed like a bug oO (+crashes i felt where related to it, but only did one kind of test, and not an expert :P )
That bug was fixed, but not on the server version. Get the GitHub version (see the initial post), that one works well.
Good to know, however I'm playing with the github version (wanted to test as much new stuff as I could). Or did you update it super recently (sub 4 days ) perhaps ?

PS : 4294967295 attacks precisely :mrgreen:
PPS : just in case, i didnt use the debug console (create) to make the unit, its a lousy lv2 (well lv3 now) human horseman
matsjoyce

Post by matsjoyce »

4294967295 = 2^32-1 to save anyone else looking it up... :whistle:
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Uhm, I have forgotten that I was comparing a positive and a negative number, which caused the fix not to work. I have tested it now. Newest github version should be working (you still need to continue to next scenario before the change kicks in).
nachkar

Post by nachkar »

Thanks !
In the meantime, I'm done with chap4 so here's some more feedback :
It was pretty fun overall, more interesting for sure, thanks a lot for the great work :) My only gripe would be with some bugs, but nothing game-breaking, and its mostly annoying for the end/next chapter (loss of gear)
So here are the bugs
-minor bug/typo : some amulet (cant remember the name), giving anger, an attack and -3% damage (i guess it should be -30%?)
-at the end of c4, or rather at the 1st scenario of c5, efraim lost all gear and xp and is a fresh preserved lich, a bit tough ^^' (Lethalia kept everything)
-during c4 there're several moments we're given the option to recall past troops, which is a great help/fun, especially for the final epic battles. However, the two very first recalls (made in that snowy-vampire-infested region, when Efraim is fighting the vampire castle and multiple leaders), these two recalls must be, I guess, on another list than Lethalia's recalls+undeads. And so they were lost, as in next chapters I could never get them back at any point (tried about any scenario, and they also don't appear in the list when fighting the battle of Weldyn).

So nothing game-breaking, just a bit of frustration at the end and after the chapter was over (losing my 2 best troops (took out the 2 best at the first occasion) and both their + efraim's gear sets)
angrynarwhal

Post by angrynarwhal »

Downloaded campaign from server in 2017s, so fairly recent... will look into updating my version of the campaign from Github as I know at least some issues I've encountered have been fixed.

kamikaze sprint (Xuanquang’s Soul Harvest) is broken in my version… left enemy standing with -114/67 hp, own unit (Sythemaster) vanished. Same result attacking with whirlwind. Searched the forum & saw the bug posted awhile ago; seems its reappeared.

Purify doesn't work on all undead. It's cool that it doesn't (more balanced that way imo), but would be nice to add detail in the ability description. Works on the standard undead from what I've seen, including most lvl 4s... ghast yes, abomination no, demonic undead no.

How do various leadership (and protection) abilities stack? From what I can tell Leadership / Legacy of Kings / Royalty are exclusive, but haven't tested enough to be sure.

Abilities with damages nearby foes don't play well together. Deathaura overrides Krux's burns_foes (should be other way around or some stacking mechanism), so a good number of items aren't as good for him as they would be otherwise.

Nightmare difficulty for the campaigns would be fun. Especially for replaying them. Just found your hardcore mods... I think hardcore + hard should do the trick :twisted: :D
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

nachkar wrote:-minor bug/typo : some amulet (cant remember the name), giving anger, an attack and -3% damage (i guess it should be -30%?)
Name was Liquid Hatred. Now it does -3 damage instead of -3%.
nachkar wrote:-at the end of c4, or rather at the 1st scenario of c5, efraim lost all gear and xp and is a fresh preserved lich, a bit tough ^^' (Lethalia kept everything)
I have no idea how can this happen. Leader shifts are messy, but there was no leader shift after the last scenario. Can you please give me a save file from the end of the last scenario of chapter 4?
nachkar wrote:these two recalls must be, I guess, on another list than Lethalia's recalls+undeads.
No, I have moved them away and forgot to put them back.
angrynarwhal wrote:kamikaze sprint (Xuanquang’s Soul Harvest) is broken in my version… left enemy standing with -114/67 hp
This was fixed on GitHub.
angrynarwhal wrote:Purify doesn't work on all undead.
It's not intended to work on undead demons. Fixed Abomination.
angrynarwhal wrote:How do various leadership (and protection) abilities stack? From what I can tell Leadership / Legacy of Kings / Royalty are exclusive, but haven't tested enough to be sure.
Only the strongest applies.
angrynarwhal wrote:Abilities with damages nearby foes don't play well together. Deathaura overrides Krux's burns_foes (should be other way around or some stacking mechanism), so a good number of items aren't as good for him as they would be otherwise.
Yes, these don't stack.
angrynarwhal wrote:Nightmare difficulty for the campaigns would be fun. Especially for replaying them. Just found your hardcore mods... I think hardcore + hard should do the trick :twisted: :D
Adding a 4th difficulty would be an immense amount of work at this stage of development. I don't quite get why hard isn't hard enough, I might add a few specialities to make it even harder.
MsPierced

Post by MsPierced »

First forum post every to point out some... ah, bugginess with the special fast AI in 1.13.7. Every time the AI tries to act, I get a stream of lua errors and the enemy/allied units do not move, act, or attack in any way beyond recruiting. The specific error is as follows, although the specific AI lua being referenced changes, and it will occasionally reference different value fields than 'self'', like 'get_village_value':

~add-ons/Legend_of_the_Invincibles/ai/ca_fast_combat.lua:9:attempt to index a nil value (Local 'self')
stack traceback:
~add-ons/Legend_of_the_Invincibles/ai/ca_fast_combat.lua:9:in function <~add-ons/Legend_of_the_Invincibles/ai/ca_fast_combat.lua:8>
(...tail calls...)

There seems to be a lua error for each AI unit on the map, and the AI is totally nonfunctional. I downloaded regularly through the in-game addon manager, and I'm not rocking any serious game modifications. I apologize if this has already been brought up/solved, or if this isn't the place to bring it up. I wasn't able to search for it because 'AI' is too 'general' a term to search. This looks like a fantastic campaign, and what I've seen of it really makes me want to play more, so I'm mostly looking for a temporary fix, like a way to switch the units back to the standard AI. I can manage simple code changes and edits, but I don't have the proficiency to actually dig around in the AI lua's to find the errors. I know I could return to the stable 1.12 build, which seems to work okay, but I've made dozens of tiny tweaks to units like changing name lists, hit sounds, etc (All cosmetic and conflict-free) that I'm loathe to lose, especially for a campaign this long and characterizing.

I'd be very grateful for any help that can be offered!
matsjoyce

Post by matsjoyce »

@MsPierced Have you tried the latest GitHub version? That bug might have been fixed due to https://github.com/Dugy/Legend_of_the_I ... /issues/25