Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
21%
Reaper
12%
Scythemaster
8%
Shadowalker
7%
Shadow Prince
8%
Siege Troll
5%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
8%
Soul Shooter
2%
Swordmaster
11%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
10%
Werewolf Rider
2%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 244

Dugi

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by Dugi »

I suppose that even a dumb orc can think better than a monkey, and monkeys can pretend to be something else to achieve some goals. Werewolves aren't supposed to be less intelligent than some animals, a deadly predator must be able to use ruses and tricks help himself with catching a prey. The problem of most mentally [censored] people is not a lack of ability to think, but rather problems to take into consideration as many things as the human life requires and that results in serious issues with social interaction. So a werewolf is supposed to be able to use various tricks when hunting his prey, but as I know people, it would bring the same question again and again, so I am leaving it at climbing instead of disguise.
Konrad2 wrote:i think now it is fine and i am honored that this description is based on a thought of mine because there is no greater honor for a fan than to take part in developing the game he loves
Nice attitude :D Maybe you might want to help me with descriptions of other units, I always have problems to make up something longer.
Raijer

Post by Raijer »

Pheeeew... I think i'm finally gonna get out of the jungle. The teleport really saved me. More than that, i'm not sure which bugs you've fixed or not, as the disintegrate one still appeared, getting the exp but no AMLA window.
Also, i suppose you forgot to remove the "undead" traits to Lethalia and Efraim.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

William Ernest Henley
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Disintegrate is still a problem? I was trying to fix it, no idea what might be the problem now. Do other weapon specials that add exp advance units?
I think that the undead trait was removed, but it is removed it chapter 6, scenario Apologies, and so it persists through the whole campaign. New versions will not change traits unless explicitly made so.
Raijer

Post by Raijer »

Disintegrate doesn't work, but seems like mind raid does. I dunno about the others as i'm still in jungle hell (around 4-5 turns away from the win i would say), and i didn't recruit much for it.
Maybe remove the "undead" trait at the start of each chapter ? Cause it gives a hellish advantage to your leader (no poison, no normal drain, hiding in deep water...).

William Ernest Henley
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Are you sure you have the scenario updated when you're playing still the same scenario? Most changes take place usually after loading it from the save file that was made before all the dialogues or after continuing into a new one.
Raijer

Post by Raijer »

My bad, the scenario wasn't up to date. Sorry for wasting time.

William Ernest Henley
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

i dont know if it was changed with this release, but the scenario "Nemesis" was far to easy, the enemy boss died in turn 1 when he attacked me (i did attack him before of course)
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Should I increase his hp or damage? He was quite tough when I was testing it, but it was ages ago. I suppose you had also very good gear there... can you please suggest how should I change it (for which difficulty) or give me a save file so that I could set it?
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

btw your new addon seems fairly interesting :)

i think the problem is that when you play all campaigns from turtorial (or since third chapter) you get to fight Argan how he was back then at end of third chapter
i only gave him some essential upgrades to survive and focusedre, which makes him no match for efraim, whom i trained since the first chapter
Attachments
LotI1-Nemesis-Auto-Save1.gz
the difficulty is hard
(454.98 KiB) Downloaded 132 times
Jeffers0n

Post by Jeffers0n »

In chapter 6, scenario Misguiding Lives, playing with Lethalia, Efraims whirlwind attack also hurts his own units
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Konrad2 wrote:btw your new addon seems fairly interesting
Which one?
Konrad2 wrote:i think the problem is that when you play all campaigns from turtorial (or since third chapter) you get to fight Argan how he was back then at end of third chapter
Ah, that explains it. I will improve him. Thanks.
Jeffers0n wrote:In chapter 6, scenario Misguiding Lives, playing with Lethalia, Efraims whirlwind attack also hurts his own units
Hm, I know why. It hurts your enemies, and if he is playing with your enemies, it will hurt his allies. But it can be fixed.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

the "no randomness Mod"
only "problem" with it is that you still have to recalculate the damage yourself ( i can do it, but i think most people wil need help to figure it out)
Last edited by Konrad2 on June 8th, 2013, 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Hm, it works with LotI?
Anyway, there is a bug I can't locate, so be careful that sometimes (I would really love to know when) the damage of a unit decreases permanently after a fight and it will keep announcing errors whenever you fight with that unit, so better load a game when it happens. If playing LotI, you can restore the damage by manipulating the inventory, but it will keep showing this error and decreasing the damage anyway.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

no i didnt try it out with lotI, i read the description and tried it with a random save cos i think it changes gameplay pretty much
just the thing that i have to recalculate the damage by myself bugs me a bit

btw, is it intended that "focused" works both offensive and defensive?
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Konrad2 wrote:just the thing that i have to recalculate the damage by myself bugs me a bit
Well, just try to remember whether the damage of the unit changed during the combat, the change is usually significant. Or just keep a bit more autosaves than usually and when the error message appears, load a few save files back when the unit had the right damage. I am trying to find the bug, but I have not found the conditions when it happens, so I cannot replicate it in order to find out how it happens. It shows an error message, but it is only a consequence (I might suppress it, but the bug is already there, the damage is already permanently decreased).
Konrad2 wrote:btw, is it intended that "focused" works both offensive and defensive?
I think so. I am not sure if it was focused or guided, but one of these strong chance to hit effects works also defensively.