Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
21%
Reaper
12%
Scythemaster
8%
Shadowalker
7%
Shadow Prince
8%
Siege Troll
5%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
8%
Soul Shooter
2%
Swordmaster
12%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
10%
Werewolf Rider
2%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 241

Dugi

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by Dugi »

DongpanX wrote: January 31st, 2019, 4:38 am here the problem when i play this ep with 1.14 wesnoth build with my computer for no apparent reason my frame drop in this map and slow movement also
I can't see any unusual frame drops there. 1.14 is somehow heavier on CPU than other versions and it's not a LotI-specific problem.
Ford wrote: January 31st, 2019, 5:09 pm I don't think I used debug in Chapter 10 (I used it few times throughout the campaign but always loaded save afterwards), but I don't remember anything special happening to this dwarf that could cause this issue.
Please report when it happens again and you have some idea what happened. This was a sign of careless debug mode usage for years, maybe something changed, but it's unlikely.
Ford wrote: January 31st, 2019, 5:09 pm About Lethalia - could it be because she (almost) died in Last Crusade? It would explain why it didn't happen to Efraim.
This caused no problems for years.
Ford wrote: January 31st, 2019, 5:09 pm If you are going to prevent gems carryover in Chapter 10 then I think it should be made easier (at least few first scenarios).
Ford wrote: January 31st, 2019, 5:09 pm Also there is one thing I forgot to mention - if black soul become incinerated, it loses it's black coloring and looks like normal human.
Fixed. It will be difficult to find which ones are in flames now.
Ford wrote: January 31st, 2019, 5:09 pm I am attaching save file, you can see both Lethalia losing everything and duplicated enemy leaders there.
The Lethalia losing everything is intentional, although I question why I made it that way.
I could not replicate the duplication issue.
StellarStar wrote: February 2nd, 2019, 4:36 pm I remember playing this add-on years ago, and having the fugitive become a davidian instead of the shadow prince.
Davidian? What is that in this context? And yes, I have changed her type to a new unit type.
StellarStar wrote: February 2nd, 2019, 4:36 pm Also it having 12 chapters separate and not bundled into 2 massive ones. Why did you change this?
I changed it because nobody seemed to start from other parts than chapters 1 and 6. It was also not possible to balance it to allow starting in some late chapter.
StellarStar wrote: February 2nd, 2019, 4:36 pm Also how long do the potions last?
Until a levelup. However, there are some reports that under some specific circumstances, the potion can keep on working past levelup.
StellarStar wrote: February 4th, 2019, 8:51 pm What does <Invalind WML found> [remove_event] missing required id= key mean?
It's an error that suddenly stopped being silent and started causing secondary problems on 1.14. In which scenario did it appear?
StellarStar

Post by StellarStar »

It happend in "Where the Sun does not shine" after I killed the fire dragon
white_haired_uncle

Post by white_haired_uncle »

This one is kind of inconsistent. I saw it earlier in the scenario, but just figured I had launched the wrong attack or something.

I moved to 18.16 and launched an attack on the poacher. Double-clicked redeem. It failed. Tried it twice more doing exactly the same thing and it failed every time.

Then I removed LotI and installed today's build 3.2.4.78.g2a1e4f5 (latest on the http server). Tried the same sequence and it failed three times.

Then I tried the attack from 18.18 and it worked three times. Then I tried again from 18.16 and it worked three times.

Purged my cache and tried three times from 18.16 and it failed, worked, and failed.

I looked through one of the older logs and same the same message for a different location which I think corresponds to the first time I saw this and ignored it.
Attachments
wesnoth-20190206-181042-4316.log
(617 Bytes) Downloaded 209 times
LotI2-Investigations-Auto-Save57.gz
(490.1 KiB) Downloaded 194 times
Speak softly, and carry Doombringer.
white_haired_uncle

Once in awhile, an item will be dropped at the end of a scenario and not picked up automatically, but it's really hard to reproduce.

I've played this save five times. Four times an item was dropped and not picked up, once no item was dropped.
Attachments
LotI2-Gladiatrix-Auto-Save12.gz
(393.17 KiB) Downloaded 188 times
white_haired_uncle

Move a unit to the trader and look at the potion. The description is blank. Buy it, and then look at your item storage. Both healing potions are blank.
Also note that there's a lot of detail missing on the other potions.

3.2.4.78.g2a1e4f5
Attachments
LotI2-The Desert-Auto-Save8.gz
(537.39 KiB) Downloaded 215 times
edwardspec

Post by edwardspec »

white_haired_uncle wrote: February 7th, 2019, 7:33 pm Move a unit to the trader and look at the potion. The description is blank. Buy it, and then look at your item storage. Both healing potions are blank.
Also note that there's a lot of detail missing on the other potions.

3.2.4.78.g2a1e4f5
Should be fixed in the latest Beta. (Note: missing description won't appear in existing mid-scenario save from the old version, but should appear when starting scenarios from the beginning)
white_haired_uncle

3.2.4.98g1091e0e

Use the Knight at 21.25 to kill the lizard. Either choice of advancement will result in a WML error and loss of the unit.

EDIT: same for Shock Trooper

Also, send the Chaos Rider over and pick up the jewel and notice that it doesn't tell you what it is, and you don't actually get anything. No wonder my gem count seems so low, even though I killed LoF recently.

EDIT2:
Spoiler:
Attachments
LotI2-The Desert-Auto-Save22.gz
(576.45 KiB) Downloaded 208 times
edwardspec

Post by edwardspec »

white_haired_uncle wrote: February 7th, 2019, 8:45 pm 3.2.4.98g1091e0e

Use the Knight at 21.25 to kill the lizard. Either choice of advancement will result in a WML error and loss of the unit.
Fixed in 3.2.4.99.
white_haired_uncle wrote: February 7th, 2019, 8:45 pmAlso, send the Chaos Rider over and pick up the jewel and notice that it doesn't tell you what it is
This was previously fixed along with the thing with potions.
Descriptions of jewels will also be shown in newly started scenarios, but not in mid-scenario save if scenario was started in 3.2.4.78.
white_haired_uncle wrote: February 6th, 2019, 11:30 pmI moved to 18.16 and launched an attack on the poacher. Double-clicked redeem. It failed. Tried it twice more doing exactly the same thing and it failed every time.
Do you mean there was a "redeem failed" message (which shouldn't have happened, since redeem is (7) and the target is a level 1 unit) or did redeem attack just miss? Redeem's chance to hit is not 100%. (in this case, it's 80%, because redeem attack is "focused")

Because I loaded this save and it seems to work every time it hits.
white_haired_uncle

edwardspec wrote: February 7th, 2019, 9:10 pm
white_haired_uncle wrote: February 7th, 2019, 8:45 pm 3.2.4.98g1091e0e

Fixed in 3.2.4.99.
white_haired_uncle wrote: February 7th, 2019, 8:45 pmAlso, send the Chaos Rider over and pick up the jewel and notice that it doesn't tell you what it is
This was previously fixed along with the thing with potions.
Descriptions of jewels will also be shown in newly started scenarios, but not in mid-scenario save if scenario was started in 3.2.4.78.
white_haired_uncle wrote: February 6th, 2019, 11:30 pmI moved to 18.16 and launched an attack on the poacher. Double-clicked redeem. It failed. Tried it twice more doing exactly the same thing and it failed every time.
Do you mean there was a "redeem failed" message (which shouldn't have happened, since redeem is (7) and the target is a level 1 unit) or did redeem attack just miss? Redeem's chance to hit is not 100%. (in this case, it's 80%, because redeem attack is "focused")

Because I loaded this save and it seems to work every time it hits.
These seem to be working.

I guess I misunderstood redeem. I missed that chance to hit and chance to redeem were two separate things.
Shevel

Post by Shevel »

Dugi wrote: December 24th, 2018, 8:53 pm
Shevel wrote: November 21st, 2018, 1:29 am Btw, I’ve been playing Wesnoth on my phone for about 7 years and love it.... and then I discovered this about a month ago. I don’t know much of what I’m doing but I love having research trees and more levels etc. I love the big boards and all the advancement.
I have made an update of the iPhone version that should fix that error. Enjoy and please report if it helps or not. You will have to restart from the previous scenario for it to take effect.

Doing it was no easy feat. The menu had to be entirely rewritten to appear differently, more like the typical in-game menus. It was quite lengthy and I am glad that user edwardspec contributed the code. Then I had to backport it to the 1.10 code, where problems arose with features missing in 1.10. Reaching through barriers of time and Installing Wesnoth 1.10 turned out to be quite hard too, the code was no longer compatible with newer compilers and libraries. When it kept refusing to run, I had to install the windows (32-bit only) version using wine on Linux... and that finally worked. Phew.
Just circling back around to this. I'm not sure what all that means but I know enough to say you are awesome!

I had to feed my addiction so I started the 2nd chapter and just noticed this response while I'm a good bit into the scenario. Do I need to reinstall the game on the iphone or just go back to the last scenario and replay it? I just blame everything on the iPhone. Lol

Thanks so much! Again, this game feeds my addiction in a big way. I miss great turn based strategy games and I love having the infinite growth opportunities in different directions. I thank you
Shevel

Post by Shevel »

One other thing. Pardon my ignorance. Is there a list somewhere that lists out all of the weapon/armor skills for all the items? My iPhone cuts off so much info that once I get a unit with a few specialties that I don't know what some things do. The help guide covers a bunch of them but there are some things that aren't in the list. I figure you have the info listed here somewhere but I couldn't find it.

Thanks again!
dabber

Post by dabber »

Shevel, there are links in the first post of this massive thread to wiki pages that are automatically updated from the github source.
white_haired_uncle

Thanks dabber, there are some things I've been meaning to ask about, and now I can look them up for myself.

Did find one (two?) quirk(s), though. Looking up bardsong from

https://wiki.wesnoth.org/LotI_Standard_ ... 80.93_ToB2

leads to a couple of odd looking entries.
StellarStar

Post by StellarStar »

So after Delly drops in in the final scenario of chapter 2 Lethalia mentions the events of Affably Evil, and says she will have to talk to her later, did they talk? Also after I finished Thirst for Adventure I got this <Lua> Repeated [endlevel] execution, ignoring
white_haired_uncle

I notice that after a while you can redeem multiple units in one move. How does this work? Is it directional (like arctic blast)? Does it matter which unit I target? Do the levels of the enemy units factor into how many units I can redeem?