Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
21%
Reaper
12%
Scythemaster
8%
Shadowalker
7%
Shadow Prince
8%
Siege Troll
5%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
8%
Soul Shooter
2%
Swordmaster
11%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
10%
Werewolf Rider
2%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 244

matsjoyce

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by matsjoyce »

Konrad2 wrote:Regarding the white mages: Now I'd like to complain about the lose condition 'Death of the one who knows more about gods' one of those mages is exactly that person. And he can't be hit. So....yeah.
I've removed that condition.
Konrad2 wrote: And I retract my explanation about charging backstab. I have no idea about it. :D
Yup, we'll see what Dugi does with it.
Konrad2 wrote: EDIT: Why are there two sprites(?) for Efraims Lich form?
There are? I can only find one. He has got two portraits however, one for preserved lich mode and one for human mode.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

matsjoyce wrote:There are? I can only find one. He has got two portraits however, one for preserved lich mode and one for human mode.
Attachments
Those are sprites, right? (I have no idea)<br />And as this is his Preserved Lich form, why would he need his human sprite?
Those are sprites, right? (I have no idea)
And as this is his Preserved Lich form, why would he need his human sprite?
matsjoyce

Post by matsjoyce »

Ah, that's his female variation. :roll: No idea why he has one, I have submitted a PR to remove it.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

So...I've once more destroyed the 'Infinite Legion'. I've once suggested to make them just the first wave of the legion (because Dugi said that it's essential for the story that you are being chased be them) but that idea hasn't been applied yet, therefor killing them all is considered storybreaking. Any chance for that to be 'fixed'?

EDIT: Oh. That fix already has been applied. My bad, don't mind this post.
angelofhell_hau

Post by angelofhell_hau »

I've just clone this new master version and I play as the bug fixed....but it's not really fixed. And I find some new ones. Lua errors appears whenever I kill a unit with infected by infect ability. Another thing, if it's a bug.... You should test on Efraim when I move him...it has a slow animation and this will happen whenever a unit pass through him.....The animation is too slow.
Attachments
hau1.gz
save file for lua errors with Infect
(440.74 KiB) Downloaded 111 times
hau2.gz
save file for backstab and lua errors (move)
(539.71 KiB) Downloaded 222 times
You kill a unit with my Arch Necromancer with Infect.
You kill a unit with my Arch Necromancer with Infect.
The backstab has not fixed yet. Lua errors appear sometimes I move some units. Not often occurs.
The backstab has not fixed yet. Lua errors appear sometimes I move some units. Not often occurs.
matsjoyce

Post by matsjoyce »

@angelofhell_hau:

Backstab - You need to advance / unequip + reequip an item on the blackguard for the changes to take effect. There was another location that backstab was used which I have fixed, and I can't find any more errors.

Other LUA errors - They are in the wesnoth core files, so are probably wesnoth bugs. Wait for the next beta release and see if that fixes them.

Movement - I can't see anything strange
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Is there a way to make ai leaders prefer bigger castles over smaller castles?

EDIT: Sightseeing
How about letting the enemy 'leaders' be special as well? I mean...duh. They are leading a populace of enhanced elves but they themselves are not enhanced at all..? That's kind of weird...
imaginarypotato

Post by imaginarypotato »

angelofhell_hau wrote:I've just clone this new master version and I play as the bug fixed....but it's not really fixed. And I find some new ones. Lua errors appears whenever I kill a unit with infected by infect ability. Another thing, if it's a bug.... You should test on Efraim when I move him...it has a slow animation and this will happen whenever a unit pass through him.....The animation is too slow.
Sorry if this is sort of a noobish question but who is that beside delly in the blue? Is it a new unit/sprite in 1.13 (I have not updated yet) or did the first chapter of loti get new units? Last time I played chapter 1 was 3 years ago.
NEW username -> Imaginary
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

I think you might be talking about Mario the Duke. There is a peasant leader in the first scenario after the tutorial who joins you afterwards. He can level up to a seargeant. And you can level him up to a Duke. But because he was a unit of side 2 (blue) his markings are blue instead of red.
matsjoyce

Post by matsjoyce »

@imaginarypotato Do you mean the female rogue?
rogue+female.png
rogue+female.png (2.44 KiB) Viewed 3931 times
It's a new sprite in 1.13 AFAIK.

@Konrad2
Konrad2 wrote:Is there a way to make ai leaders prefer bigger castles over smaller castles?
There is no easy way I'm aware of except specifying which castle the AI should go to. Does it make much of a difference?
Konrad2 wrote:How about letting the enemy 'leaders' be special as well? I mean...duh. They are leading a populace of enhanced elves but they themselves are not enhanced at all..? That's kind of weird...
Some of them are, some of them aren't. I'll see what I can do.
EDIT: On second thoughts, I think it's meant to be this way. There is one side with normal elves and one side for the mutant ninja elves. Its probably meant to be the distinction between fully committed and unsure.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

matsjoyce wrote: Some of them are, some of them aren't. I'll see what I can do.
EDIT: On second thoughts, I think it's meant to be this way. There is one side with normal elves and one side for the mutant ninja elves. Its probably meant to be the distinction between fully committed and unsure.
I'm convinced that you misunderstood me. I'm talking about the purple 'leaders', those comitted to Lilith. When they attack for the first time, that say something and make their soldiers appear. And these soldiers are buffed, because they are comitted to Lilith. But their leaders(also comitted to Lilith) are not buffed.
Leaders -> Elvish Lord/High Lord/Captain/Marshall
matsjoyce

Post by matsjoyce »

Konrad2 wrote: I'm convinced that you misunderstood me. I'm talking about the purple 'leaders', those comitted to Lilith. When they attack for the first time, that say something and make their soldiers appear. And these soldiers are buffed, because they are comitted to Lilith. But their leaders(also comitted to Lilith) are not buffed.
Leaders -> Elvish Lord/High Lord/Captain/Marshall
Yes, I know what you mean. But the way the code is laid out has a clear distinction between the "special" elves and the "normal" elves, which makes me think that it is a deliberate choice. Why? I don't know. It might be for balancing or something, so I'm not going to change it. Ask Dugi I guess ^_^
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

If 'special' elves refer to the purple elves (twisted good) and 'normal' elves refer to the green elves (good), then you didn't understand me. :/
matsjoyce

Post by matsjoyce »

No, normal -> purple, special -> black
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Hm...that means my whole argument is about the leaders of the 'normal' elves being different from the 'normal' elves. So...it's kinda still valid.