Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
21%
Reaper
12%
Scythemaster
8%
Shadowalker
7%
Shadow Prince
8%
Siege Troll
5%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
8%
Soul Shooter
2%
Swordmaster
11%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
10%
Werewolf Rider
2%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 244

TheZ

Re: Legend of the Invincibles (chapter 8 is out)

Post by TheZ »

found what i believe to be another bug, though it may be intended but better to check anyways. in chapter 6 i encountered something odd. Efriam has drain/leach on his sword and is attacked by say a Soulless, when the soulless is killed my retaliation damage a green number shows up that is not the soul eater. IE I finish the soulless off with a 20 damage hit, a green 5 shows up. I have no idea what this is but it does not heal Efriam, nor does the (now dead) soulless have anything happen to it(him? her?). Also to take note, this happens even when the retaliation attack does not kill the attack, but the green number still shows up. The green number in this case seems to be 1/4th of the damage dealt by the unit with drain/leach.
lumpy1979

Post by lumpy1979 »

Hmm this is weird I even went and downloaded a newer version of BFW and I still dont have the redeem in the attack menu. Here is a screenshot
Attachments
Untitled.png
Feareth

Post by Feareth »

Dugi thank you for fixing Where the sun does not shine i can go back to playing the campaign now ^-^
alex23

Post by alex23 »

@TheZ
I hope you know how draining works? If a living unit is attack by draining, it looses lets say 12hp, then a red 12 appears. At the same time, the attacker is healed by 6 hp - a green 6 appears.
Leechs is the same: Only 2 differences: only 1/4of the damage dealt ia added to the unit with leech. And it works on every unit

@lumpy1979, have you tried scrolling down the attack window? theres a blue scroll bar on the right side of the window
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

@Brilliand Yeah, there was advanced2 written instead of advanced1. I needed to give them numbers to avoid using the same variable for more purposes, but after some time it confused also myself.

@TheZ The leech has a somewhat strange code, I had to alter it to a worse version because of bugs in some distros. Are you trying to tell that the unit is not healed by it, only the number shows up there?

@Faereth I avoided that problem, but you might encounter many other problems with my campaign on iPhone, that port is quite crash-prone with many things, and I cannot expect them all. Additionally, I don't have an iPhone, so I could only guess what might be wrong.

@alex23 Thanks for helping me. I think you were correct with your rely to Iumpy1979.
GaiusCaesar

Post by GaiusCaesar »

TheZ wrote:found what i believe to be another bug, though it may be intended but better to check anyways. in chapter 6 i encountered something odd. Efriam has drain/leach on his sword and is attacked by say a Soulless, when the soulless is killed my retaliation damage a green number shows up that is not the soul eater. IE I finish the soulless off with a 20 damage hit, a green 5 shows up. I have no idea what this is but it does not heal Efriam, nor does the (now dead) soulless have anything happen to it(him? her?). Also to take note, this happens even when the retaliation attack does not kill the attack, but the green number still shows up. The green number in this case seems to be 1/4th of the damage dealt by the unit with drain/leach.
There's a typo in the leech code which causes it to work only for the attacking unit, not for the retaliating one. In line 2897 of the abilities_events.cfg, change the line "variable=unit" into "variable=second_unit" and everything is fine again...
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Thanks for locating it. I'll upload it later (I want to add more changes before updating).
Naron

Post by Naron »

Now I come to The Den of Evil scenario. My opinion is that Efraim is too easily defeated by corrupt creatures. I refer to magical attacks received. I suggest that Efraim defense method should be arctic blast (when available by redeem upgrade). Arctic blast is very useful because it slows enemies.
As preserved lich, Efraim had wave of fear as a means of defense against enemies and slowing them. As a demigod, I think he should have a better defense.
This is why I suggest that.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

With arctic blast as retaliation, you would slow tons of units without even having to attack. You have to be in the correct distance from them, make them walk to him, and then to use it to slow the most of them.
Btw, a very good retaliation attack is entropy.
Naron

Post by Naron »

Dugi wrote:With arctic blast as retaliation, you would slow tons of units without even having to attack. You have to be in the correct distance from them, make them walk to him, and then to use it to slow the most of them.
Btw, a very good retaliation attack is entropy.
And it's a problem with that? When Efraim was preserved lich, I managed to upgrade wave of fear attack to explosion slow (slows down a lot of enemies)/leeches. And that was very useful for defense, not only for the attack.
If a preserved lich has such a defense, then a demi-god should have something better.
Default method of defense is fireball, which is not too useful against creatures he encountered.
Therefore, I wonder if it is possible to set the default defense to arctic blast, because it seems to be similar to the wave of fear (but better, perhaps).
In other words, arctic blast should become the default for retaliation when it becomes available.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Seems I really forgot to give him something that can slow in retaliation. It'll be added in the next version.
minardians

Post by minardians »

can't we just choose which attack to use in retaliation? like an option.
It's not that I'm lazy, I just haven't found my interest.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

It's not impossible, but there is a problem - if you use blizzard for retaliation, you will slow the target, but also all units around, and harm a dozen enemy units just in retaliation. Multi-target spells are generally extremely overpowered in defence, for example explosive weapon special works only offensively because of that.
Naron

Post by Naron »

Efraim's retaliation should actually be better than fireball. That's why I insisted with my suggestion. I noticed that there are two types of retaliation. When he is attacked with swords or anything that involves melee attack, retaliation is set to the sword. And that's decent, Efraim has a good attack with the sword.
When it is a ranged attack (or magic), retaliation is set to fireball. This is the weak point, fireball is useless against opponents higher than level 2.
You could say that I can upgrade to a better fireball, but I already did that and still not working. In fact, I managed to add incinerate ability to fireball attack. The problem is that it works with difficulty, as I said. Sometimes an enemy in flames does not lose 16 HP to the next turn, as it should.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

No. Fireball is useful as an offensive attack because it is explosive. If you need something for special retaliation, use throwing knives. If you increase its damage to be stronger than fireball (that should isn't hard, fireball's usefulness is tied to its explosive range), and get it the slow weapon special. There are items for it and they are quite frequent. I'll add some more of them to make it more useful.

He has fireball as base magical attack because it's the most common spell of good wizards, while chill wave, wave of fear and similar things are rather tied to evil. But maybe some ice-ball (possibly an optional attack not requiring anything with redeem) would be a good idea...