Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
21%
Reaper
12%
Scythemaster
8%
Shadowalker
7%
Shadow Prince
8%
Siege Troll
5%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
8%
Soul Shooter
2%
Swordmaster
12%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
10%
Werewolf Rider
2%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 241

iridium137

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by iridium137 »

Whiskeyjack wrote: October 14th, 2018, 8:50 am
iridium137 wrote: October 14th, 2018, 5:00 amI can't pick up items the enemy leader drops because the scenario ends.
Those are automatically added to your inventory.
Except they're not. I tried several times and double-checked my inventory before and after. I never got the item.
caoraivoso3

Post by caoraivoso3 »

I am on toxic sun scenario, on chapter 1, and i just spawned beelzebub. How can i kill it? it is just too strong for me. it cannot be poisoned and i do not have something strong enough to hit.
also, all of the leaders aren't attacking me, is this intentional or is it a bug?
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

caoraivoso3 wrote: October 17th, 2018, 12:32 am I am on toxic sun scenario, on chapter 1, and i just spawned beelzebub. How can i kill it? it is just too strong for me. it cannot be poisoned and i do not have something strong enough to hit.
You can run and spawn him in a future scenario when you confident in your chances to kill him.
Last edited by Konrad2 on October 22nd, 2018, 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
saxo

Post by saxo »

Hi there,

I just upgrade my ubuntu version to cosmic and during the process wesnoth has been upgraded from 1.12 version to 1.14.

I was playing Jungle Hell (turn 64) and I copy manually the saved games from 1.12 directory to 1.14.
I experiment a bug: all areas surrounding villages are now visible....
Spoiler:
Some of my unities can teleport and I guess it can be the reason.

Serge
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

If I recall correctly this is a bug if the old version and you can see this, because you loaded an old savefile (duh). It's probably going to fix itself by making sure you have the latest LotI and proceeding to the next scenario.
saxo

Post by saxo »

Ok, I just terminate the scenario. I'm in "The Gates of hell"

I was crafting a staff for one of my Ceslestial Mesenger and I get the message "This unit cannot use staves" :hmm:

No way to pass from 1.12 to 1.14 without bug ? A small script that update the unities at least ?

Serge
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Personally, I doubt that there is such a way.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

gwen42 wrote: October 4th, 2018, 3:08 amI have not been able to keep any units alive during this scenario, other than the two heroes, and with their health not restoring after defensive upgrades, it's been tricky keeping even those two alive. (I really hope that made sense)
I could not replicate it in your save file. I got Efraim to levelup and he healed as he should. I am using wesnoth 1.14.3 on Ubuntu 18.04. Maybe something broke between Wesnoth versions?
murphy wrote: October 12th, 2018, 8:58 pm I have a couple writing/grammar fixes (and a couple suggestions) for the first (tutorial) scenario.
Added to the github version. Thank you. English isn't my first language. It isn't used much here in Carpathian Mountains.
iridium137 wrote: October 14th, 2018, 5:00 am Loyal doesn't seem to work when it's randomly generated on a recruited unit.
Can you please provide a save file? It's hard to replicate when it's chance-based.
Pentarctagon wrote: October 14th, 2018, 10:33 am Related to this thread, I don't get a crash, but this error instead:
It is not an error of this campaign, but of some mod called WC2, which could be a part of Campaign Drop Mod.
iridium137 wrote: October 15th, 2018, 12:32 am
Whiskeyjack wrote: October 14th, 2018, 8:50 am ...
Except they're not. I tried several times and double-checked my inventory before and after. I never got the item.
The code looks okay and it's hard to replicate. Can you please provide a save file? Fixed. Added an announcement that the items were picked automatically.
saxo wrote: October 19th, 2018, 5:29 pm I just upgrade my ubuntu version to cosmic and during the process wesnoth has been upgraded from 1.12 version to 1.14.

I was playing Jungle Hell (turn 64) and I copy manually the saved games from 1.12 directory to 1.14.
Save files from old versions of wesnoth are not intended to work on new versions. While they somewhat work, there are many problems. You have basically three options:
1. Suffer through the incompatibility problems that may stay there until the end of the campaign
2. Start part 2 of the campaign from the beginning
3. Install Wesnoth 1.12 using Wine and finish the campaign there
Last edited by Dugi on October 22nd, 2018, 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jimis

Post by jimis »

What is the "backup_amla" that I see inside the save game files in many characters, together with the description "Oops, this is only temporary, or something went wrong"? And after a hero character (for example Delly as Preserved Lich) manages to AMLA-levelup, how much is the max XP increased? For Delly I believe I see 20% increments.
saxo

Post by saxo »

Dugi wrote: October 22nd, 2018, 3:21 pm ....
saxo wrote: October 19th, 2018, 5:29 pm I just upgrade my ubuntu version to cosmic and during the process wesnoth has been upgraded from 1.12 version to 1.14.

Save files from old versions of wesnoth are not intended to work on new versions. While they somewhat work, there are many problems. You have basically three options:
1. Suffer through the incompatibility problems that may stay there until the end of the campaign
2. Start part 2 of the campaign from the beginning
3. Install Wesnoth 1.12 using Wine and finish the campaign there
Well I compile wesnoth 1.12 from source and it was a bit tricky... But now it's ok.
Thanks.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

jimis wrote: October 22nd, 2018, 6:10 pm What is the "backup_amla" that I see inside the save game files in many characters, together with the description "Oops, this is only temporary, or something went wrong"?
You asked for it.

This is a workaround around an issue that was causing wesnoth to require a 25 GHz GaAs processor to run smoothly. I have found that the quantity of AMLA options units have affects reduces the performance and appears to be read in every frame render. Furthermore, it is a lot of stuff saved in every save file. There is no practical way to modify it. So I figured out a trick that every AMLA-feasible playable unit has two versions. One of them has all the advancements and isn't present in the game normally. The other type has only one dummy advancement to make the game understand it has AMLA (the dummy_amla) and is replaced by the all-advancements type when it advances and reverted back afterwards. This allows stuffing loads of advancements into the units without degrading the performance. There are even advancements for every single legacy and every single advancement-granting book that has a prerequisite unlocked only by code (that is the only practical way to modify advancement options) and it works smoothly because never more than one unit can have this version participating in the game and even that lasts only for a short while.

And yes, I actually remember what I did 6 years ago in good detail.
jimis wrote: October 22nd, 2018, 6:10 pm And after a hero character (for example Delly as Preserved Lich) manages to AMLA-levelup, how much is the max XP increased? For Delly I believe I see 20% increments.
Maximum hitpoints increases by 3 unless the advancement specifically affects the amount of maximum hitpoints the unit has.

The amount of maximum experience increase is 20% for legacies, item-related advancements and advancements of usual units. Advancements of preserved liches add 5% to the total and then add 22 on normal, 20 on easy and 25 on hard. Advancements of units described as demigods adds 35 on normal, 30 on easy, 40 on hard, plus 9% of total on top of that. I tuned these numbers to have the curves develop like I found it suitable using Excel, these aren't random values.
gwen42

Post by gwen42 »

Dugi wrote: October 22nd, 2018, 3:21 pm
gwen42 wrote: October 4th, 2018, 3:08 amI have not been able to keep any units alive during this scenario, other than the two heroes, and with their health not restoring after defensive upgrades, it's been tricky keeping even those two alive. (I really hope that made sense)
I could not replicate it in your save file. I got Efraim to levelup and he healed as he should. I am using wesnoth 1.14.3 on Ubuntu 18.04. Maybe something broke between Wesnoth versions?
Very strange. Perhaps I need to start Part 2 over again, and see if that fixes the problem?
musicc

Post by musicc »

Dugi,

attached is a loyal upkeep bug save file. loyal units still cost upkeep.
Attachments
LotI1-An Orcish Assault Turn 1.gz
(180.37 KiB) Downloaded 309 times
Ford

Post by Ford »

I experienced the problem with units' health not restoring after advancement if the units' advancement happens during enemy turn too, except for me it was happening in part 1 (I didn't start part 2 yet). I'm not entirely sure but i think it happens only if unit has AMLA, not if that unit switch to another level (I could be wrong, unfortunetaly I didn't pay much attention to when it happens and when it doesn't). And it was on 1.14.5 Wesnoth ans 3.2.2 LotI.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

gwen42 wrote: October 22nd, 2018, 11:23 pm Very strange. Perhaps I need to start Part 2 over again, and see if that fixes the problem?
No. It definitely won't help, when loading the save file on my version helped. I will try to update and see what happens.
musicc wrote: October 23rd, 2018, 1:20 am Dugi,

attached is a loyal upkeep bug save file. loyal units still cost upkeep.
Thanks, I will look at it.