Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
21%
Reaper
12%
Scythemaster
8%
Shadowalker
7%
Shadow Prince
8%
Siege Troll
5%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
8%
Soul Shooter
2%
Swordmaster
12%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
10%
Werewolf Rider
2%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 241

Gizmet

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by Gizmet »

So the ghost I get from spectral jet didn’t appear on the recall list in later scenarios.

I play on an IPhone. Version 1.14.13
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Why exactly is the Dragon Rider unable to fly over unwalkable terrain?
dabber

Post by dabber »

I proposed changing that years ago. Edit the unit file to change movement_type=drakefly
Dragon Rider is powerful, but still has serious vulnerabilities.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Gladiatrix - Path to Glory
Reinforements -> Reinforcements
reinforements -> reinforcements

EDIT:
redeem (8): kills any target lvl 6 or lower, 75% chance to kill lvl 7 units
redeem (9): kills any target lvl 5 or lower, 90% chance to kill lvl 6 units, 60% chance to kill lvl 7 units

...seems inconsistent to me. (Those are of course not the only differences.)
aintunez

Post by aintunez »

Playing through part 1 now and it's amazing. But is Meteor meant to be castable over and over? Or is this a bug? It makes things almost boring.

I am playing on my iPad, so maybe it's an iOS bug?
Last edited by aintunez on August 17th, 2021, 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ptitboul

Post by Ptitboul »

Konrad2 wrote: August 9th, 2021, 1:10 pm redeem (8): kills any target lvl 6 or lower, 75% chance to kill lvl 7 units
redeem (9): kills any target lvl 5 or lower, 90% chance to kill lvl 6 units, 60% chance to kill lvl 7 units

...seems inconsistent to me. (Those are of course not the only differences.)
I noticed that some time ago. Note that the description does not correspond to the real chances of success of redeem(8).
redeem(8): kills lvl 6, kills lvl 7 with 80%, kills lvl 8 with 55%, kills lvl 9 with 30%, kills lvl 10 with 10%.
redeem(9): kills lvl 5, kills lvl 6 with 90%, kills lvl 7 with 60%, kills lvl 8 with 40%, kills lvl 9 with 30%, kills lvl 10 with 20%, kills lvl 11 with 10%.

Indeed, redeem(9) is less efficient for low levels, but more efficient for level 10, which is quite common for demons.
I think that redeem(9) would be a more obvious improvement if WEAPON_SPECIAL_GUIDED appeared with redeem(9) instead of redeem(8).
My campaign, Bloodlust, is is need of feedback!
dwarftough

Post by dwarftough »

aintunez wrote: August 17th, 2021, 5:37 pm Playing through part 1 now and it's amazing. But is Meteor meant to be castable over and over? Or is this a bug? It makes things almost boring.

I am playing on my iPad, so maybe it's an iOS bug?
What meteor do you mean? In Akula's dungeon?
Co-founder and current maintainer of IsarFoundation, Afterlife Rated and overall Wesnoth Autohost Project
Developer and maintainer of my fork of World Conquest, Invincibles Conquest II
aintunez

Post by aintunez »

dwarftough wrote: August 18th, 2021, 12:01 am What meteor do you mean? In Akula's dungeon?
The Meteor spell that Efraim or Lethalia can get through advancements.
Spirit_of_Currents

Post by Spirit_of_Currents »

Now I think, in LotI it's upside that my units don't stop becoming more powerful, and downside that I lose units. At least a few people agree with me so let's discuss how to prevent losing units yourself. No, I don't propose savescumming.

One solution is to use debug mode to give your units more HP. If we remember that some units are more offensive and some more defensive, we'll multiply each unit's max HP by a same number. It's downside that poison, heals, regenerates, sucks, absorbs and some others now behave differently.

Another solution would be to use debug mode to give your units advancements. But, perhaps in some scenarios enemies are so powerful that even very experienced units are likely to die.

You also could cheat yourself more items. I've edited game files so that the item drop is guaranteed, then used debug mode to create units, change their sides and then kill them. I'm not going to do it again because it's so slow.

If you have skill, you can edit game saves to give you items. Could you tell how? Or, in my opinion it would be a nice cheat feature to click for a random item. I like that, when I get an item, it's random what I get. However, if cheating myself items, I don't like that likelihood of weapon drops depend on the scenario. And, for example, swords should be more common than slings because more unit types use swords.

Someone could make an add-on that makes the player's dead units go to recall list, perhaps with increased recall cost.

Fortunately there is SX. You can also play Strange Legacy without recruiting.

What do you think? Have you got more ideas to prevent unit loss? Do you know add-ons I might like?
There are very much electrical currents in my brain.
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

I admit that losing units is one of the things that are hard about BoW or games like X-COM or Phoenix Point. This is one of the reasons I once quit LoL in first place, because I had to sacrifice some of my favorite units to get on.

So I think an add-on that saves these units and puts them into a recall list is indeed a nice idea and is less complicated than the other things.
You could possibly do so, by adding a last-breath event and save them to the recall list, then delete them. A good name for such an add-on would be 'I'll be back'.

Btw. you could try the campaign Trapped, if you haven't played it yet.
The future belongs to those, who believe in the beauty of their dreams.
Developer of: Trapped, Five Fates, Strange Legacy, Epical, UR Epic Era
Dungeonmasters of Wesnoth, Wild Peasants vs Devouring Corpses, Dwarf Dwarfson Dwarvenminer
vghetto

Post by vghetto »

Spirit_of_Currents wrote: September 8th, 2021, 4:06 pm Someone could make an add-on that makes the player's dead units go to recall list, perhaps with increased recall cost.
Look for the mod Non_Fatal_Wounds.
white_haired_uncle

Post by white_haired_uncle »

I tend to build up a core force of 12-15 "superheroes", and it's extremely rare that I lose even one. Of course, it probably helps a lot that I've played the campaign a few times so I'm not surprised by the few areas where I might lose one or more. Don't get me wrong, I lose some units along the way, but once I identify a unit as a keeper and start advancing and gearing it, it's not going anywhere.

Most units, especially those capable of advancing to L4/L5, are going to have at least one Mastadon item. The extra HP keeps them alive, so they can live to advance another day. I also concentrate on defensive, HP and regeneration AMLAs/items, as well as having lots of healers (I'm lazy and don't like to micromanage) early on. And I make sure that all units have both melee and ranged attacks so they don't get singled out. And speed improvements of course, in case I need to pull a Brave Sir Robin.

I tend to focus more on giving XP to my superheroes than E/L. IMO, once they need around 2-3000 to advance (roughly when she gets explosive slow), the advancements aren't worth much compared to what you can get spreading the XP around.

And then of course you get to the point where there are the
Spoiler:
TheStaggeringDagger

Post by TheStaggeringDagger »

I play the LoTI the latest version, the second part. I`ve done the first part several times.
The gameplay is awesome, the story not that much :).
I think that the "personalisation" of units (gearing) and the level-ups should become standard for the game, especially for the new custom-made campaigns.
It`s what makes this particular campaign so darn addictive and worth playing!
However, I encountered a problem on Part II. When playing part I, I always use to keep on recruiting units till I got ones with the trait 'loyal'. I then let the rest of the units perish in battle, leveling the loyal units up. Not only having loyal units is kinda fancy (follow your noble leader, yeah:), but is also useful - I save a bunch of gold which than comes in handy for buying precious gems.
But I noticed on PART II that the trait `LOYAL` DOESN`T WORK. At first I thought it is only for undead (and I have a bunch of them in the party) but then I noticed it applies to the other units as well. Which is very inconvenient.

Is there a way to fix this?

Hope to have this bug fixed in the net releases!
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

TheStaggeringDagger wrote: September 18th, 2021, 12:27 am I play the LoTI the latest version, the second part. I`ve done the first part several times.
The gameplay is awesome, the story not that much :).
I think that the "personalisation" of units (gearing) and the level-ups should become standard for the game, especially for the new custom-made campaigns.
It`s what makes this particular campaign so darn addictive and worth playing!
However, I encountered a problem on Part II. When playing part I, I always use to keep on recruiting units till I got ones with the trait 'loyal'. I then let the rest of the units perish in battle, leveling the loyal units up. Not only having loyal units is kinda fancy (follow your noble leader, yeah:), but is also useful - I save a bunch of gold which than comes in handy for buying precious gems.
But I noticed on PART II that the trait `LOYAL` DOESN`T WORK. At first I thought it is only for undead (and I have a bunch of them in the party) but then I noticed it applies to the other units as well. Which is very inconvenient.

Is there a way to fix this?

I don't know about a way to fix it, but I can tell you that the trait 'loyal' is pretty much worthless in Part II.
dwarftough

Post by dwarftough »

TheStaggeringDagger wrote: September 18th, 2021, 12:27 am Is there a way to fix this?

Could you send a replay with this bug occurring? Also which version of Wesnoth do you play?
Co-founder and current maintainer of IsarFoundation, Afterlife Rated and overall Wesnoth Autohost Project
Developer and maintainer of my fork of World Conquest, Invincibles Conquest II