Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
21%
Reaper
12%
Scythemaster
8%
Shadowalker
7%
Shadow Prince
8%
Siege Troll
5%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
8%
Soul Shooter
2%
Swordmaster
12%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
10%
Werewolf Rider
2%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 241

matsjoyce

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by matsjoyce »

nuorc wrote:
Dugi wrote:Because these two guys cannot decide, can someone else tell his/her preferences here so that I could make a decision?
Could someone just link to the animation pls? :|
Found it at viewtopic.php?f=23&t=39417&p=569562&hil ... or#p569562...

There's no way you can attack like that with any type of swinging-weight weapon. :augh:
firefox wrote:
Dugi wrote: Actually, I wonder how can these fireballs actually deal damage, it makes contact with skin only for a very short time and when I stick my arm into flames and pull it back immediately, it does not even hurt (and if the flames were really, really hot, they would shine blindingly bright white and not orange-yellow).
because it's magic :P
Magic napalm of course!
nuorc
Forum Regular

Post by nuorc »

Thanks @matsjoyce.

If that's what we're talking about I'd say it's not a must to include in LotI? *polite cough*
I have a cunning plan.
dabber

Post by dabber »

I dislike that Destroyer. Too cartoonish for my taste.
Paulomat4
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Paulomat4 »

I like him. He is completely exaggerated and not realistical, but hey we're playing in a world of wonders and magic. It adds to the flavour.
Creator of Dawn of Thunder and Global Unitmarkers

"I thought Naga's used semi-automatic crossbows with incendiary thermite arrows . . . my beliefs that this race is awesome are now shattered." - Evil Earl
Lordlewis

Post by Lordlewis »

Can anyone think of any other units that need new images? The thing Legend of the Invincibles needs is a image redo, Destroyer and lunatic knight should be the first and not last units to get a make over.
PS: I would love it if there were new drakes (not corrupted), and maybe the saurians. ^_^
Gold is great!
Swat them bugs!
Celtic_Minstrel
Developer

Post by Celtic_Minstrel »

Dugi wrote:Actually, I wonder how can these fireballs actually deal damage, it makes contact with skin only for a very short time and when I stick my arm into flames and pull it back immediately, it does not even hurt (and if the flames were really, really hot, they would shine blindingly bright white and not orange-yellow).
You're probably just underestimating the length of time the flames contact the skin.

Plus, it's magic, so don't analyze it too deeply. :P
Author of The Black Cross of Aleron campaign and Default++ era.
Former maintainer of Steelhive.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

#Destroyer replacement
I think that the vote is so far against the new sprite.
Lordlewis wrote:Can anyone think of any other units that need new images? The thing Legend of the Invincibles needs is a image redo,
I have the the best I could. There's no point in discussing this if you can't provide something better.
Lordlewis wrote:PS: I would love it if there were new drakes (not corrupted), and maybe the saurians. ^_^
They seem to me very hard to draw.
Celtic_Minstrel wrote:You're probably just underestimating the length of time the flames contact the skin.
Well, it would make sense if they were summoning a stream of chlorine trifluoride and hurling it at targets rather than just flames. That thing can burn water, asbestos, bricks, ash, stone and even oxygen. It causes humans to explode. The recommended safeguard are running shoes. That thing was not used in WWII because the Nazis were afraid to use it.
Celtic_Minstrel
Developer

Post by Celtic_Minstrel »

Dugi wrote:
Celtic_Minstrel wrote:You're probably just underestimating the length of time the flames contact the skin.
Well, it would make sense if they were summoning a stream of chlorine trifluoride and hurling it at targets rather than just flames. That thing can burn water, asbestos, bricks, ash, stone and even oxygen. It causes humans to explode. The recommended safeguard are running shoes. That thing was not used in WWII because the Nazis were afraid to use it.
Pretty sure that's even worse than a fireball though. I think it makes most sense just to assume the flame stays in contact with the person long enough to hurt. With flames such as you described, it doesn't hurt only because you don't leave your arm there, right? If you left your arm in the flames, it would start to hurt, right?

Or maybe the fireball is composed of something that sticks a little.

Or maybe it's just magic and we don't need to analyze it so much. :P
Author of The Black Cross of Aleron campaign and Default++ era.
Former maintainer of Steelhive.
Lordlewis

Post by Lordlewis »

Also in the 1.13.?, the princes and the battle princes image were changed, so that might be an option with the knight of magic, hhmm :|
PS, what would a units image file be called? I'm tempted to call it a skin.
Gold is great!
Swat them bugs!
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Celtic_Minstrel wrote:With flames such as you described, it doesn't hurt only because you don't leave your arm there, right?
Of course. It's just because human is mostly water and water heats up slowly. Getting sprinkled by a burning flammable liquid leaves bad burns because it sticks to the skin.
Celtic_Minstrel wrote:I think it makes most sense just to assume the flame stays in contact with the person long enough to hurt.
The fireball would have to keep the place where it blew in flames for a couple of seconds, I'd say. Maybe it leaves behind some combustion accelerators ([acronym=It's forbidden to smoke in hospitals because they often spill oxygen and high concentrations of oxygen can cause cigarettes to burst into flame, easily igniting anything else that would also burn very violently]for example extra oxygen causes most materials to burn like crazy[/acronym], in pure oxygen, many common materials ignite at room temperature).
Lordlewis wrote:Also in the 1.13.?, the princes and the battle princes image were changed, so that might be an option with the knight of magic, hhmm :|
Yeah, but the male version wears regular clothing, not armour.
Lordlewis wrote:PS, what would a units image file be called? I'm tempted to call it a skin.
It's called sprite. It's a term commonly used in computer graphics as the technique is common in most 2D and some 3D games (in 3D, it's also often called billboard, though).
Lordlewis

Post by Lordlewis »

Also in 1.13.? the human infantry units Sprite, this is why I came up with an idea of a sprite redo for Legend of the Invincibles.
Attachments
siegetrooper.png
siegetrooper.png (2.07 KiB) Viewed 4676 times
shocktrooper.png
shocktrooper.png (1.77 KiB) Viewed 4676 times
heavyinfantry.png
heavyinfantry.png (1.39 KiB) Viewed 4676 times
Gold is great!
Swat them bugs!
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Unlike the creators of this game, I am not accepting monetary contributions nor using them to hire artists to improve the spritework. Sometimes I receive some art contributions (for example the Destroyer sprite), but most of the art has to be done by me and I am not very talented in painting arts.

By the way,
I have added a lot of various specialties to scenarios of chapter 9, reducing the quantity of enemies and having you focus more closely on the scenario's particular problem. These can be for example cemeteries that generate demonic ghosts that vanish at the beginning of your turn, areas with expanding void that can block your movement if you are slow or swarms of flies emerging from dead corpses. It's not uploaded on the server, I would like somebody to download it from github and give it a try to say if it helps with the monotonousness of chapter 9.
matsjoyce

Post by matsjoyce »

@Dugi Sounds great! I noticed a lot of changes coming though on the last pull I did, so i'll try ASAP.
Lordlewis

Post by Lordlewis »

In Legend of the Invincibles it seems that at the end(ish) part of the campaign that it seems that there is to much of quantity and lots of quality, it can make the campaign a little to hard. Can you find a fare ground of quantity and quality, eater that or just hard because I always play on hard mode since I got 1.13 and above.
Gold is great!
Swat them bugs!
shadow12

Post by shadow12 »

Delicius169 wrote:No he looks more like idiot than original destroyer. More unrealistic than original one...
I have to agree with this. :? :o :|