Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
19%
Reaper
9%
Scythemaster
4%
Shadowalker
6%
Shadow Prince
11%
Siege Troll
4%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
13%
Soul Shooter
3%
Swordmaster
14%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
7%
Werewolf Rider
3%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 96

Dugi

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by Dugi »

So if the arcane damage can't suck health, it's unreasonable to put "suck health" and "set damage type to arcane" in the same item.
It appears that I didn't realise that when I was coding that item. Anyway, the damage type limitation was there for a reason that is no longer valid (magic damages increased by X% used to increase fire, cold and arcane damage done by weapons and suck was disabled there to counter it, but it was still way too powerful), so I'll prefer to simply remove the limitation.
You can see how long the computer take to finish the AI's turns when I let Efraim alone face to dozen of enemies.
A solution for this is being worked on, I asked mattsc to create a custom AI to handle things like this, he did it and it seems to work, but I haven't applied it yet and it will not work on wesnoth 1.10 in any case (but wesnoth 1.12 will be released soon).
Battlecruiser_Venca

Post by Battlecruiser_Venca »

Dugi wrote:@Battlecruiser_Venca
My point wasn't that undead should be genderless, just that things whose gender can't be determined and can't breed anyway shouldn't distinguish between male and female. Liches for example don't have male or female forms, so that a lich coming from a female necromancer can't have even a female unit name in translations.
I'd consider raising a bug report 'cause in mainline you can advance a female unit into an unit where female form isn't defined, so traits, etc are using female strings, but for the unit name itself translators are unable to handle it. A possible solution is to add a female form definiton, but unavailable by default (for example when recruiting)
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

If you raise such a bug report and they agree that it's a bug (or just a design flaw or whatever) and should be fixed, I'll add the Lich Queen and give her a slimmer armour or something (I just realised different ribcage size in many cases can help distinguish a male skeleton from a female one, that's probably the only difference visible through clothes and remaining long after death, pelvis isn't visible and pelvis and skull differences aren't obvious to non-anthropologists including me, hair can remain on the dessicated skin on the skull but long haired men used to be very abundant in the past).

EDIT: I have asked about it around, and it appears that the lack support for female Dark Sorceresses advancing to Liches in other languages is caused purely by laziness. So... it seems you won.
oooo

Post by oooo »

Hello, Dugi.
I created a message catalog, but I found that some messages were not translated.

(1) Prestart messages in scenarios2/01.
(2) Dialogue messages in scenarios3/01 and scenarios8/01.
I think their messages are specified wrong textdomain.

(3) Parameter to NARRATOR_MESSAGE macro was not translated.
Probably, you want to translate {TEXT}, not "{TEXT}".

(4) In scenarios1/05, two messages with speaker=Efraim_de_Cease were skipped.
Is it typo?

(5) In scenarios1/12, two messages with speaker=Ethiel,u2,u3,u4,u5,u6 were skipped.

Thank you for reading my poor English.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Hello, oooo.

No need to excuse for imperfect English, mine isn't perfect either. I can't find the problem with these messages, they seem to be okay when looking at the code. I will try to generate the file myself and ask somebody more experienced with translations what do the error messages mean and try to fix it.

The NARRATOR_MESSAGE is used only for debugging purposes, not in scenarios, but I noticed that it was defined badly. Thanks for telling, by the way.
pieterpost

Post by pieterpost »

Hey Dugi,

I think this campagn is great tough i got a problem, at chapter 4 after the library at lost in space lethalia doesn't show on the map wichs makes me lose the battle at first turn. i'm playing on wesnoth 1.11.13 on a windows, these are the save files from Lost in space gz and the library turn 11/13
Attachments
LotI1-Lost_in_Space.gz
(153.24 KiB) Downloaded 100 times
LotI1-The_Library-Auto-Save11.gz
(606.4 KiB) Downloaded 96 times
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

I was investigating this problem and it appears to be a bug in wesnoth 1.11.13 (something related to recall list). Everything works fine on other versions, so I loaded it on a different version and created a save file for you that should work.
Attachments
LotI1-Lost_in_Space.gz
It will comment that it's from a different version, but it will be able to load it.
(186.21 KiB) Downloaded 110 times
Raijer

Post by Raijer »

Small bugs: -Vritra got 2 "faster with faerie fire" advancements in chapter 10
-also, got 2 "advance to orcish warmonger" with an orcish warlord.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

William Ernest Henley
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Fixing the Vritra problem.

Duplicate advancements are related to a workaround I hope that I won't need one day. Something clearly went wrong there, but the duplicate advancement problem is just a consequence. It happens rarely, but not rarely enough. Please don't report this problem if you can't precisely tell what happened to the unit since you received it (that is, since it was created or since the last inventory manipulation or since the last advance), information like unit type is next to useless (unless it appears to happen more frequently with a particular unit type, which does not seem to be the case).
gfgtdf
General Code Maintainer

Post by gfgtdf »

Dugi wrote:I was investigating this problem and it appears to be a bug in wesnoth 1.11.13 (something related to recall list). Everything works fine on other versions, so I loaded it on a different version and created a save file for you that should work.
the bahaviour on when sides got removed fom the cayrryover sides list changed, see here: https://gna.org/bugs/index.php?21933
that the check that removes sides fro the carryover is also applied if the level ended with [endlevel].
most likley that behaviour won't change.

Note that in 1.11.15 & current master you most likeley have multiple ways to control this feature:
  • setting [side] defeat_condition = never (syntax might change before the 1.11.15 release!)
  • seting side.lost = false (lua) in the vicrtory event.
  • setting [scenario] remove_from_carryover_on_defeat = no
Scenario with Robots SP scenario (1.11/1.12), allows you to build your units with components, PYR No preperation turn 1.12 mp-mod that allows you to select your units immideately after the game begins.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

So this is another of those awesome compatibility-breaking changes announced nowhere and coming out in total secrecy?

Thanks for telling how to work that problem around.
osaridsaris

Post by osaridsaris »

I'm running the latest stable wesnoth available for my distro (Ubuntu 12.04) which is apparently 1.10.2 .. in chapter 9, experiencing some problems.. I prefer to stick with stable package-managed stuff but in this campaign is it required to use the latest development version to be problem-free? More in spoiler section..
Spoiler:
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Do you have the latest version of the add-on? I think that this happened on some older version and I fixed it shortly afterwards, but I am not sure.

If it is the latest version, can you attach a save file from the start of that scenario (ideally the one named LotI2-Pandemonium.gz) and one where it can be seen happening?
osaridsaris

Post by osaridsaris »

Dugi wrote:Do you have the latest version of the add-on? I think that this happened on some older version and I fixed it shortly afterwards, but I am not sure.

If it is the latest version, can you attach a save file from the start of that scenario (ideally the one named LotI2-Pandemonium.gz) and one where it can be seen happening?
I upgraded to the latest but perhaps not in time.. save file from the pandemonium area attached. And more spoiler info.
Spoiler:
Attachments
LotI2-Pandemonium_afterVanish.gz
now she's not
(576.41 KiB) Downloaded 118 times
LotI2-Pandemonium_howToNudgeHer.gz
she's still here
(581.01 KiB) Downloaded 103 times
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

When I tried it out using an older save file (but the latest code), it worked fine (the unit I used to attack her had a different weapon, but there was no bug-prone weapon special). But I was able to see the problem in your save file.

Did you start the scenario on the latest version (start from save file named LotI2-Pandemonium.gz)? If the save file is from a scenario after starting it, no new scenario code will be used. If it's not the case, can you also send me the save file named LotI2-Pandemonium.gz (I really need this one).