Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
21%
Reaper
12%
Scythemaster
8%
Shadowalker
7%
Shadow Prince
8%
Siege Troll
5%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
8%
Soul Shooter
2%
Swordmaster
11%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
10%
Werewolf Rider
2%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 244

Battlecruiser_Venca

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by Battlecruiser_Venca »

after few turns nothing happened at all, note that, in my case the last two enemies were killed that way
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

That's strange. It should check if that side has some units, and it seems to find some of them even if there are none I'll have to check which units it finds.
Battlecruiser_Venca

Post by Battlecruiser_Venca »

Try it yourself, just kill the ghost boss and end turn
Attachments
LotI_-_Gladiators-Automatické_uložení11.gz
(309.78 KiB) Downloaded 135 times
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Found the error. It was a really silly error, of a kind that is quite hard to find. This file will be included in the next update, but I am posting it here as well.
Gladiators.cfg
Replace the file with the same name in add-ons/Legend_of_the_Invincibles/multiplayer/
(73.56 KiB) Downloaded 137 times
Thanks for the save file, it helped me a lot.
edwardspec

Post by edwardspec »

Dugi wrote:I wasn't planning to add slings or claws to regular drops, but I might add a few trader-only items to the traders there. They could make some of these units viable. Will you give a report about the viability of these units there after that I do that?
1. Sure.

2. How about Bola of Self-Defence:
new weapon special: slows
new weapon special: first strike
16 more hitpoints

This item will be useless in latter rounds (hitpoints won't be so badly needed, and Troll will get its slowing naturally),
so the player is motivated to replace it with crafted weapon.

3. Just started Chapter IX (directly, i.e. not continuing previous chapter) - leveling of Efraim and Lethalia at the beginning seems broken. The AMLA menu appears the required number of times, but the hero itself doesn't change, whatever is chosen.

4. Minor note on graphics: it would nice if daggers and knives lying on the ground were distinctly different. E.g. pointed into different directions (to north-west/north-east).

5. Description of Holy Sword has "Increases vision range by 1" line twice.

6. In Gladiators, Foul Potion was used and didn't dissipate after a level-up. Is this an expected behavior?

7. Under some circumstances, there is a strange slowdown of game (slower scrolling, laggy mouse movements etc.). Before today I wasn't able to replicate it, but now I had captured an exact moment when it starts, and saved the game before. The save game (1.11) is attached.

Condition before: scroll the screen (by up/down/left/right buttons) randomly, sometimes entering the place where the hero stands. No slowdown: scrolling is at the constant speed.
How to start the buggy behaviour: pick the "Koshei's Journal" book (it lies on the ground to the north) and apply it to hero.
Condition after: when you scroll the screen, scrolling definitely slows when the hero is in vision range.

I've seen the problem in both Wesnoth 1.10 and Wesnoth 1.11.11. It was caused by other books too (at least twice by the "Guide to Lycanthropy"). However, when I started the scenario, immediately did "gold [...]" and bought "Guide to Lycanthropy", there was no slowdown.

Additional information: Wesnoth 1.11.11 prints "warning unit: Unknown attribute 'animate' discarded.", when the book is applied.
Attachments
slowdown-after-picking-book.gz
(368.11 KiB) Downloaded 163 times
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

2. That one will be okay.
3. The possibility to start from a later chapter will be removed soon, because it was used only in exceptional cases and caused quite serious lack of balance.
4. Yeah, I might do that.
5. This should not be happening. I'll see where it got duplicated.
6. This is strange. Does it always happen or do you have a save file where it can be replicated (that is, a unit advancing without losing that ability)? Does it seem related to the laggy book issue?
7. This is an old bug I don't seem to be able to figure out. However, it appears that you have given me a save file where its origin can be replicated.

Note: ignore the warning unit: Unknown attribute 'animate' discarded. message, it's just a trick to achieve something that would be more impractical and less readable if I used a workaround that would not bring that warning.
edwardspec

Post by edwardspec »

Dugi wrote:6. This is strange. Does it always happen or do you have a save file where it can be replicated (that is, a unit advancing without losing that ability)? Does it seem related to the laggy book issue?
The save game is attached.

The Champion is under the Foul Potion. Try "unit advances=1" - the effect will persist.
It also has "northwind aura" (from other potion) - this effect persists too.

It's unrelated to the book issue.
Attachments
potion-not-dissipating.gz
Potion effect not dissipating after unit advances
(458 KiB) Downloaded 114 times
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Thanks for the save file, I was able to replicate it there. I'll see what I can do.
Raijer

Post by Raijer »

There's a bug in the "Pandemonium" scenario: Uria's avatar appears, i attack her, Lilith appears to help, everything happens normally, until Uria changes her unit type: at that moment, she changes side too, and is now part of my side (nice having a demon lord in my team, but not exactly what i want...). Joining a save file just before she changes side (hitting end turn should do it).
Attachments
LotI2-Pandemonium_Tour_17.gz
(866.66 KiB) Downloaded 141 times
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

William Ernest Henley
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

This is weird... on 1.10 (where I test most stuff), it worked properly, on 1.11.9, she just disappeared. I'll need to investigate what the hell happened there.
laglie

Post by laglie »

hi
i got a problem at the end of another orcish assault
after the talk with the orc leader and i try to get to the next the game just close
when i reload the best i can get is the replay and it close the game instantly after loading

what should i do?
Raijer

Post by Raijer »

Used debug to get rid of Uria and it appeared in my recall list in the next scenario, got rid of it again. Anyway, in Lilith's advancements, there are 2 "better at axe combat", one improves the main axe attack, the other the whirlwind.

EDIT: Also, in "Nightmare Cellar", the enemy doesn't recruit anything, even though it got tons of gold. The leader doesn't even attack.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

William Ernest Henley
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

@laglie
That is a bug in your version of wesnoth (it's 1.11.7 or 1.11.8, I can't remember for sure), update to a newer version of the game (for example 1.11.11).

@Raijer
Thanks for reporting that, I'll have a look at it.
laglie

Post by laglie »

thank you i do that
alphaace

Post by alphaace »

Dugi my man!

This campaign is so awesome I have no words to explain how much fun I have playing it.

There is however a (minor) issue that I know isn't your main concern but I'm currently playing on the Iphone (only time I can get some gametime is on the commute) and when I'm trying to redeem, after one pick in the skilltree, in chapter seven, the options (telling me i need health for regeneration) etc get too long, and I cant pick anything. I cant even scroll, which means I can't redeem anymore which as you know means I get stuck very soon.

Any chance this can be fixed? I really want to finish this story!