Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
21%
Reaper
12%
Scythemaster
8%
Shadowalker
7%
Shadow Prince
8%
Siege Troll
5%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
8%
Soul Shooter
2%
Swordmaster
11%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
10%
Werewolf Rider
2%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 244

Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Re: Legend of the Invincibles (now complete)

Post by Konrad2 »

no idea if this was reported before, but infec enables unit to die of poison
(they have at end of the turn before theirs 8 or less hp left, then poison dmg comes and they turn into walking corpses)
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

That is the intended behaviour.
Raijer

Post by Raijer »

Dugi wrote:Yes. I suppose that the experience and experience required is way too long for the space it has on the right panel, right?
Well, i'm not yet in the 5 digits, but starting to get annoying.
Dugi wrote:A new menu item, that will ask you to click on another unit you want to follow, when you click on it, you are asked if you're sure, if you hit yes, the unit will be set to following the target (regardless of its side).
If a unit is already following something, there will be another menu item, to disable the following (or open a dialogue if you want to stop it from following the target or assign a new one).
A following unit will follow the target (if it is alive) always at the beginning of turn (or end of turn?), following the shortest path to the target. If the target is close (reachable in current turn), the unit will not follow (meaningful only if following at the beginning of turn, in that case the unit could be moved at the end of turn).
That sounds perfect, especially that it would be regardless of the side.
I think it would be better that the units move at the end of the turn, because you could change it before the unit moves and that would allow more control (sometimes, i give orders to units, and i end up regretting it).
But i'm wondering if that wouldn't make too many menu items, as they're limited.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

William Ernest Henley
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

especially that it would be regardless of the side
I am not getting why do you think it's important. I think that it's just an unimportant and easy-to-add feature, usable only in some specific cases.
I think it would be better that the units move at the end of the turn
Makes sense, but it might force you to check if these units are scheduled to move or not, won't that be too annoying?
But i'm wondering if that wouldn't make too many menu items, as they're limited.
This is actually a problem. The limit isn't reached yet (I think that the maximum in LotI is 5), but it's getting close. That's one of the reasons why I suggested it as a separate add-on and not as a new feature.
Raijer

Post by Raijer »

Dugi wrote:I am not getting why do you think it's important
That's an old habit of an RTS-games player. I prefer to send my units after an enemy one, so that i can make groups to aim at one particular unit. I know in turn-based games it doesn't change a thing, but old habits die hard.
Dugi wrote:it might force you to check if these units are scheduled to move or not, won't that be too annoying?
Also makes sense... I first thought about control, but seeing it from that side, it is better, as it's a lot less annoying but allows as much control if you don't forget about it.

William Ernest Henley
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

That's an old habit of an RTS-games player.
Haven't played many of them, but it was quite an important functionality in RTS games.

There is one more question: would this functionality significantly differ from the generic wesnoth function to make a unit move towards a far away hex where it will travel for several turns?
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

i believe the only difference is that you set the hex eaxh turn new on the hex the unit you send them is standing

have seen something like that once or twice before in an other campaign...but i dont know which one it was :(
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

i believe the only difference is that you set the hex eaxh turn new on the hex the unit you send them is standing
I mean that I wonder how much usefulness will it bring if you can simply make all the units march to a certain point.

When thinking more about it, I think that this might be the best way to make the movement work:
The movement is done at the beginning of each turn. Units that are in one turn's distance from the target aren't moved. Units in the range of 5 hexes from enemy units aren't moved neither (unless they're separated by a wall).
xianb8

Post by xianb8 »

I'm on scenario 6 and after "Another Orcish Assault" concludes, the client closes itself.

I have tried to load save and try again, but it always crashes the second that I move on to the next stage and there is no error message.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Can you please attach the save file where it happens? It doesn't usually happen and the game shouldn't crash like that due to add-ons' codes anyway.

You can find the save file in userdata/saves .
Aevyn

Post by Aevyn »

Hey, random bug:

Revenants that were advanced from soulless creatures can't advance to death knight, but recruited revenants can.

Anyway, I have finals this week, so you'll get proper bug reports when I can relax during the upcoming weekend.
Raijer

Post by Raijer »

Small problem: in "Any means necessary"(chap 5), the mages hit themselves. I know they're supposed to be mad and hit their allies, but to hit themselves too seems a little excessive.
Also, that was already reported, but wasn't fixed int that version: you can still recruit undeads in "Any means necessary" (chocobos and zombies).

In "We walk in the shadows", if Efraim has illumination, he doesn't stay hidden in the shadows.
Sorry to say that but... i find the animation on Akula's soldiers ugly, i hope it's not supposed to be like this. Looks a little better without turbo, but still not very good.

Strange thing in "Into the shadows": the shadow princess has some hexes she can't pass, but they're just grass.
Still in "Into the shadows": Where was the first guy you kill sent ??????????

And you still didn't fix the problem with having gems and weapons on the same hex.

William Ernest Henley
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Aevyn wrote:Revenants that were advanced from soulless creatures can't advance to death knight, but recruited revenants can.
I have checked the code and it looks okay. I have tested it, and I saw that Revenants advanced from Soulless can advance to Death Knights. Are you sure about it? Can you attach a save file where it can be replicated?
Raijer wrote:in "Any means necessary", the mages hit themselves. I know they're supposed to be mad and hit their allies, but to hit themselves too seems a little excessive.
Made them completely unable to hit their allies and themselves.
Raijer wrote:Also, that was already reported, but wasn't fixed int that version: you can still recruit undeads in "Any means necessary" (chocobos and zombies).
I have corrected this incorrectly - I made it impossible to recruit them in the next chapter (as I should have done), but forgot to make it impossible to recruit them also in the final scenario.
Raijer wrote:In "We walk in the shadows", if Efraim has illumination, he doesn't stay hidden in the shadows.
Suppressed his illumination. If he has an item that grants illumination, the illumination's effect disappears. Same with darkening (which might be much more useful than illumination there).
Raijer wrote:i find the animation on Akula's soldiers ugly, i hope it's not supposed to be like this. Looks a little better without turbo, but still not very good.
Looking at them... yeah, they're ugly. I'll try to draw something better.
Raijer wrote:Strange thing in "Into the shadows": the shadow princess has some hexes she can't pass, but they're just grass.
Are you sure about this? There is a chunk of code supposed to fix this. Can you send me a save file from the beginning of that scenario, before the time where she appears?
Raijer wrote:Still in "Into the shadows": Where was the first guy you kill sent ??????????
What are you talking about?
Raijer wrote:And you still didn't fix the problem with having gems and weapons on the same hex.
Is there a save file where it can be replicated? Because I was fixing an error like this some time ago, and I think I fixed that one. If this one is something else, I would need to know how to replicate it. I am sorry if I remember something wrongly.
Last edited by Dugi on December 8th, 2013, 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lynx

Post by lynx »

I don't remember having trouble picking up multiple things on the same hex in one go, it just creates more popups.
Raijer

Post by Raijer »

I'm seriously an idiot... Completely forgot to keep automatic saves for the pick up problem. Still gonna try, but dunno if it can happen again. From what i know, it happens when you pick up gems first, and then the weapons aren't taken.
Joining the save file for the shadow princess.

About the first guy you kill, he's the guy that gives you information and the map, and that get teleported "somewhere where he will not cause any harm", and i was wondering... where is he sent ?

EDIT: Got lucky, i have a save file where the bug with weapons happen. Picking up the armor next to Lethalia will pick up the armor, a gem, but not the knife.
Attachments
LotI1-Into_the_Shadows_Tour_4.gz
(521.71 KiB) Downloaded 96 times
LotI1-Into_the_Shadows.gz
(252.44 KiB) Downloaded 96 times

William Ernest Henley