Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
21%
Reaper
12%
Scythemaster
8%
Shadowalker
7%
Shadow Prince
8%
Siege Troll
5%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
8%
Soul Shooter
2%
Swordmaster
11%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
10%
Werewolf Rider
2%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 244

Dugi

Re: Legend of the Invincibles (now complete)

Post by Dugi »

Aevyn wrote:Random Bug: Crafted weapon "Marrowrend" gives an ability called "anger"? I don't remember it having this ability in the past and it's not in the description?
I think that no unit has this by default, and that might be the reason why the F1 help isn't indexing it (I have very little control over the content displayed by the F1 menu). I might try to create a hidden unit holding all these abilities and weapon specials, or give the custom abilities some kind of short description that would show when describing an item.
Aevyn wrote:super minor bug: Efraim Demigod fireball missing sound effect
Are you sure? When looking at the code, it appears that it has some sound assigned (fire.wav).
gfgtdf wrote:in chapter 3 scenario 2: RANDOM_ITEM marco is misplaced at scenario toplevel and doesn't work.
Fixed that before you reported it. Should be fine in the most recent version (3.0.8 ).
Aevyn

Post by Aevyn »

Are you sure? When looking at the code, it appears that it has some sound assigned (fire.wav).
Unless it's somehow only an issue on my end. But yea, I'm hearing absolutely nothing. Attaching a save file in case that helps. Attacking with fireball yields no burning sound effect.
Attachments
LotI2-Another_Orcish_Assault_Turn_11-bug-nofireballsound.gz
(304.4 KiB) Downloaded 145 times
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

I have found that I set its sound to fire.ogg instead of fire.wav that was used in other locations. I am not very likely to notice this, because I play wesnoth without sound (nothing against wesnoth sound, but I like heavy metal a lot).
Enginuity

Post by Enginuity »

A few posts back you mentioned something about items being better for easier difficulties; could you elaborate a little more? (ie, are they just better on average (at random), or are they better as in you get items that you cannot otherwise get on harder difficulties?
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

good items are weakened on hard difficult
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

On easy difficulty, weaker weapons usually have like 30% increased damage and some lesser other bonuses. Stronger ones can have about 70% increased damage and some better other bonuses. On hard, weaker weapons have slightly less damage if their other bonuses weren't good, if their other bonuses were good they may have even no damage bonus. Stronger weapons usually don't add more than 30% damage, but keep their other bonuses. Medium difficulty is something between the two. This difficulty dependence affects damage output almost exclusively.
Jeffers0n

Post by Jeffers0n »

In chapter 3, units that are created with the Purify special also get autorecalled. Intended?
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

That's a dilemma - you might miss them because you frequently start outside keeps there, but you'd get them very cheap (do they also get less exp required as other chapter 3 units?). What do you think about that?
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

demonic units with trait "furious" can counterattack when you use whirlwind on them
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

That's a bug in wesnoth. It was fixed in some 1.11 version. I tried to work it around, but my workaround doesn't seem to work as it should (no idea how to make another workaround that might work).
Enginuity

Post by Enginuity »

Claymore (knockback ability) sometimes kicks units off-screen (when you use it at the corner of the map). In addition, killing a unit with a knockback weapon sometimes (maybe always) doesn't give the soul eater point.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

sound bug: chill wave from an imp sounded like fireball

aura bug: dark aura does affect units with the trait blackened (2 dmg at beginning of the turn if they stand next to the unit with the aura)

gold bug: in "River of Flame" you get a finish bonus of 68 gold per turn, but if you occupy all villages you can have twice the income per turn
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Enginuity wrote:Claymore (knockback ability) sometimes kicks units off-screen (when you use it at the corner of the map). In addition, killing a unit with a knockback weapon sometimes (maybe always) doesn't give the soul eater point.
This is possible. I tried to fix some of the knockback related issues, for example it no longer knocks units into walls, but it seems that it does not prevent them from being knocked away from the map. I should be able to fix this one, but I don't know what to do with the soul eater problem, it seems that the game somehow forgets who was the killer (I think that the knockback effect itself might remind it who it was).
Konrad2 wrote:sound bug: chill wave from an imp sounded like fireball
Fixed.
Konrad2 wrote:aura bug: dark aura does affect units with the trait blackened (2 dmg at beginning of the turn if they stand next to the unit with the aura)
I think that it affects also undead. Those immune to poison aren't affected by the poison, but they get the two points of damage, because it's arcane damage. Do you think that it would be good if I changed it?
lynx

Post by lynx »

Does anyone find knockback useful at all? In my experience it caused mostly annoyance.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

To be honest, I didn't.