Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
21%
Reaper
12%
Scythemaster
8%
Shadowalker
7%
Shadow Prince
8%
Siege Troll
5%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
8%
Soul Shooter
2%
Swordmaster
11%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
10%
Werewolf Rider
2%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 244

Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Re: Legend of the Invincibles (now complete)

Post by Konrad2 »

reporting some bugs again ^^

lower the turn limit for "The Desert" a bit
playing on hard, map cleared in 56 of 150 turns, all leaders killed, no mobs left to find

btw, the last enemy i kill in waves (gladiatrix) dont give xp for killing. thats rly anoyning when the wave consist of a dracolich -.- you dont get the xp for that kill ! ;(
Attachments
LotI2-Gladiatrix_-_The_Path_to_Glory-Auto-Save11.gz
dialouge is broken cos all green units disappear after i cleared the first wave
(422.95 KiB) Downloaded 107 times
LotI2-The_Desert_Turn_35.gz
explain me that elvish juggernaut :D
(720.22 KiB) Downloaded 89 times
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Okay, decreasing the time limit in The Desert to 90. I'll have a look at that experience issue.
RaustBD

Post by RaustBD »

Dugi, I think I'm in love with the elvish seer. It's such an awesome design, she looks badass and hot, and the faerie sabre is amazing. She's like a friggin' "friend to all living things" nature heroine who fights people with a magic lightsaber and is followed around by her beloved undead bat animal companions. It's truly a sight to behold.

Edit: and... as of chapter 12 Lethalia isn't an elvish seer anymore. Ah well, at least I have Connor, who is everything I ever wanted in a unit :)
lynx

Post by lynx »

slow from shockwave doesn't persist. I blasted a group, they dispersed and iirc also the "slowed" messages were displayed. However, they had no status icons or effects on their turn. Chapter 7 level 3 and 5 orcs, with no indication of being immune.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

i guess you dont have an explanation for that elvish juggernaut with -6/150 life then?

btw, pls TELL the player that he can buy stuff in Gladiatrix from the thieves/rouge
i found out now because i am reading walkthrougs of scenarios i played -.-
lynx

Post by lynx »

it's in the faq or general help.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

RaustBD wrote:Edit: and... as of chapter 12 Lethalia isn't an elvish seer anymore. Ah well, at least I have Connor, who is everything I ever wanted in a unit
Any Elvish Sylph can advance into an Elvish Seer, and any of them can have plague if you give them items that add it.
lynx wrote:slow from shockwave doesn't persist. I blasted a group, they dispersed and iirc also the "slowed" messages were displayed. However, they had no status icons or effects on their turn. Chapter 7 level 3 and 5 orcs, with no indication of being immune.
Shockwave slows only the primary opponent, the others just take 8 impact damage and are thrown back.
Konrad2 wrote:i guess you dont have an explanation for that elvish juggernaut with -6/150 life then?
I don't. Where did you see that?
Konrad2 wrote:btw, pls TELL the player that he can buy stuff in Gladiatrix from the thieves/rouge
Okay, I just thought it was obvious enough...
lynx

Post by lynx »

Then you should update the description:
Shockwave:
This attack is so strong that it slows the target, and creates a shock wave that knocks all units adjacent to the attacker back, slows them too and damages them for 10 impact damage. Works only offensively.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Okay, changed it to:
This attack is so strong that it slows the target, and creates a shock wave that knocks all units adjacent to the attacker back, and damages them for 8 impact damage. When used defensively, it only slows the attacker.
RaustBD

Post by RaustBD »

Just got Connor to become a champion (Loyal highlander duelist, dear god it's like you read my mind!), and I'm liking the champion look and how they play. The buckler is a tad odd considering the whole offhand crossbow thing, but holy cow is this guy a beast. He essentially gets an 80% accuracy attack for each of his opponent's attacks on top of his existing attacks, it's an absolute slaughter, to the point where I actually suspect, though I haven't tried him out that much yet so don't quote me on this, that he could ditch the crossbow ranged attack altogether and still be a worthwhile choice.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

RaustBD wrote:dear god it's like you read my mind!
That was an easter egg. His name was formerly Cedric, but when I was adding the highlader trait and a small chance to get it, I decided to give it to a unit with a fitting type, slightly changing its name...
RaustBD wrote:The buckler is a tad odd considering the whole offhand crossbow thing
It's supposed to be hanging on his cloak or belt, I never imagined him as carrying the crossbow in the left hand all the time.
RaustBD wrote:it's an absolute slaughter
He has quite low damage compared to other units, though (of course, the highlander trait has quite an effect here). And if it shows up that he's too strong, I might remove the struggle weapon special (I am trying to set the units properties so that they would not be much stronger or weaker than other units of the same level, but sometimes I don't succeed).
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Dugi wrote:
Konrad2 wrote:i guess you dont have an explanation for that elvish juggernaut with -6/150 life then?
I don't. Where did you see that?
in my save file, there is a elvish juggernaut with -6 life
Dugi wrote:
Konrad2 wrote:btw, pls TELL the player that he can buy stuff in Gladiatrix from the thieves/rouge
Okay, I just thought it was obvious enough...
sure i know about traders and all, but normally there is just one of them standing around, and he is ALWAYS max lvl
i thought of them as guards, to make sure that the gladiators go out into the arena or something like that

if you you dont understand my answers to you quoting me, i subscribed the save files i uploaded with their respective problems
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

in my save file, there is a elvish juggernaut with -6 life
Nope, I was looking for one, I found one with 1 hp, but none with -6 hp. Anyway, how did it happen that his hp dropped to -6 (being told about possible cause is better than knowing the consequence)?
sure i know about traders and all, but normally there is just one of them standing around, and he is ALWAYS max lvl
It wasn't an intention to make all traders on the highest level possible, so I didn't know that it looks like a rule of thumb. I'll add a comment explaining that they are traders.

Btw, I was able to replicate the problem with experience from the dracolich, but I am clueless about the cause. Maybe it is related to the thorns ability of Drarwish Batlerager.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

actually, every single unit killed as last unit of a wave doesnt give xp, regardless who kills it. i think its more like that you dont get xp before you are "teleported" back to base after a fight resuling in you not getting the xp anymore

that elish juggernaut...he was almost dead and was engaged in combat by a demonic poacher (melee 3-5) he had about 4 life, they ought and he killed that poacher. when i saved just afterwards, i saw he had -6 life left. with beginning of the turn he was back to 1 life because he was poisoned = lowest possible number for poisoned unit =1

what about the broken dialogue in gladiatrix-path to glory? (all green units removed and all)
thats what my 2nd save is about :D
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

actually, every single unit killed as last unit of a wave doesnt give xp, regardless who kills it. i think its more like that you dont get xp before you are "teleported" back to base after a fight resuling in you not getting the xp anymore
Yes, this might be the cause.
at elish juggernaut...he was almost dead and was engaged in combat by a demonic poacher (melee 3-5) he had about 4 life, they ought and he killed that poacher. when i saved just afterwards, i saw he had -6 life left. with beginning of the turn he was back to 1 life because he was poisoned = lowest possible number for poisoned unit =1
So it was probably the poison that got him to 1 life. The save file was made during the enemy's turn, so I was unable to check him. What confuses me more is how could the demonic poacher do something so weird with no weapon specials?
what about the broken dialogue in gladiatrix-path to glory? (all green units removed and all)
Ah, I felt that something was missing... I must take a closer look at it, it worked fine when I was testing it.