Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
21%
Reaper
12%
Scythemaster
8%
Shadowalker
7%
Shadow Prince
8%
Siege Troll
5%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
8%
Soul Shooter
2%
Swordmaster
11%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
10%
Werewolf Rider
2%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 244

lynx

Re: Legend of the Invincibles (now complete)

Post by lynx »

Oh, right, my bad. :oops:
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

I have released a new version. I was forced to do it, because the previous one could not even load on 1.11.7 that was released yesterday.

I have solved RaustBD's problem by adding a new advancement of Master at Arms, a unit simply named Champion, a strongly defensive fighter (he's an alternative to Shadowalker). Otherwise I just fixed a few possible annoying things.

Full changelog:

Code: Select all

3.0.6 (development/maintenance)
Fixed the 1.11.7 only instant crash problem
Added a new unit: Champion, a new advancement of Master at Arms, a really defensive alternative to Shadowalker
Made the autorecall in chapter 5 work like it works in chapter 9, thus removing the unpopular 'Devour' menu option
Enemy units sharing the same graphics as some default units (chapter 5's hybrids of steel, chapter 7's corrupted beings, chapter 8's demon infiltrators) now have an aura that makes them visually different
On wesnoth 1.11.7, opening the inventory hotkey defaults to Shift+I
Fixed some lesser bugs
gfgtdf
Developer

Post by gfgtdf »

i tested and the hotkey thing doesn't work like that.
i suppose you have to use lower latters in the 'key' attribute.
Scenario with Robots SP scenario (1.11/1.12), allows you to build your units with components, PYR No preperation turn 1.12 mp-mod that allows you to select your units immideately after the game begins.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

I have tested it and it worked on my machine.
RaustBD

Post by RaustBD »

Awesome, can't wait to try out the new update. Will that complicate the save file issue?
gfgtdf
Developer

Post by gfgtdf »

Dugi wrote:I have tested it and it worked on my machine.
but it didn't work on mine.
im getting

[hotkey]
	alt=yes
	command="wml_menu:xx_unit_info"
	key="unknown key"
	shift=yes
[/hotkey]
generated in my preferences file.
you can write

[default_hotkey]
   key=i
   shift=yes
[/default_hotkey]
or
[default_hotkey]
   key=I
[/default_hotkey]
but

[default_hotkey]
   key=I
   shift=yes
[/default_hotkey]
doesn't work, at least not for me.

note that default hotkeys are only applied the first time the hotkey is set, if you change the default hotkey after the hotkey is set the default hotkey will have no effect.
Scenario with Robots SP scenario (1.11/1.12), allows you to build your units with components, PYR No preperation turn 1.12 mp-mod that allows you to select your units immideately after the game begins.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

RaustBD wrote:Will that complicate the save file issue?
No, it shouldn't, supposing that you just overwrite all changes by the update.
gfgtdf wrote:but it didn't work on mine.
Ah, you mean the xx_unit_info thing. This one didn't work, I could not get it to work, so I didn't even tell that I was adding it. But Shift+I for inventory did work, so I don't think that the use of a capital letter was the problem.
RaustBD

Post by RaustBD »

Dugi wrote:
RaustBD wrote:Will that complicate the save file issue?
No, it shouldn't, supposing that you just overwrite all changes by the update

Nice! Can't wait for the fixed save file then!

And also I guess this means my highlander weaponmaster should be made into a champion to fix that ID issue.
Last edited by RaustBD on November 18th, 2013, 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

You don't need it. Just overwrite all changes to the files and when you recall your highlander, use the debug mode command unit type=Champion on him, then add or remove something from his inventory. What ID issue?

EDIT: gfgtdf, I tried to change the hotkey definitions from I and C to i and c, it looked differently in the preferences file, but the effect was absolutely the same.
PawelS

Post by PawelS »

After upgrading to 3.0.6, when I recall a Shadowalker, he is really big...
Attachments
shadowalker.jpg
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Dammit, seems that I accidentally included the file I modified for RaustBD. I'll upload a fix as soon as I get to Linux. Download the update that fixes it. You can use this file to replace the old file add-ons/Legend_of_the_Invincibles/units/Shadowalker.cfg in your userdata folder (if you don't want to download such a large file). Note that this isn't only a visual issue.
Attachments
Shadowalker.cfg
(22.05 KiB) Downloaded 82 times
Last edited by Dugi on November 18th, 2013, 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RaustBD

Post by RaustBD »

Dugi wrote:You don't need it. Just overwrite all changes to the files and when you recall your highlander, use the debug mode command unit type=Champion on him, then add or remove something from his inventory. What ID issue?

EDIT: gfgtdf, I tried to change the hotkey definitions from I and C to i and c, it looked differently in the preferences file, but the effect was absolutely the same.
The ID issue where Efraim lost his lawful/chaotic attack traits due to becoming a weaponmaster briefly and can't get plague. You were going to fix my save file so that Efraim was back to normal.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Have you tried it on the new version? In the modified version, the weaponmaster was still identified as Shadowalker by the game (it actually made Shadowalker look like Master at Arms and be named Weaponmaster), so Efraim is a Shadowalker again and it needs no changes to the save file. The easiest way to make him also get the dagger attack so that he could get plague is to update his properties, that can be done simply by manipulating his inventory, adding or removing an item from him (this will work even after getting no plague because of being a weaponmaster).

By the way, I fixed the issue PawelS reported three hours ago, but I forgot to post about it. Just update the add-on.
RaustBD

Post by RaustBD »

Dugi wrote:Have you tried it on the new version? In the modified version, the weaponmaster was still identified as Shadowalker by the game (it actually made Shadowalker look like Master at Arms and be named Weaponmaster), so Efraim is a Shadowalker again and it needs no changes to the save file. The easiest way to make him also get the dagger attack so that he could get plague is to update his properties, that can be done simply by manipulating his inventory, adding or removing an item from him (this will work even after getting no plague because of being a weaponmaster).

By the way, I fixed the issue PawelS reported three hours ago, but I forgot to post about it. Just update the add-on.
No, Efraim is still messed up, doesn't have plague or the lawful and chaotic weapon specials, and he also isn't neutral anymore. I'll try and make it to the end of scenario 10 without the fix, I still have Lethalia's plague, but I really hope scenario 10 puts him back to normal.

PS: The shadowalker is lawful, was that intentional?
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

The shadowalker is lawful, was that intentional?
Damn, not intentional. It'll be restored in the next version.