Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
21%
Reaper
12%
Scythemaster
8%
Shadowalker
7%
Shadow Prince
8%
Siege Troll
5%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
8%
Soul Shooter
2%
Swordmaster
11%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
10%
Werewolf Rider
2%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 244

Raijer

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by Raijer »

Having played both IftU and LotI, are the 2 Argan the same? Cause it isn't sure but not really refuted either in your campaign.
Spoiler:
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

William Ernest Henley
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

The two Argans was a mere coincidence. I have discussed this with Shadowmaster (author of Invasion from the Unknown), and he said that it should stay a random coincidence. Therefore, in LotI, it is said more than once that it probably was a different person, because the Argan from LotI didn't behave that way (allying himself with demons, creating an evil empire, restoring the Shaxtal technology just wasn't his style, the biggest attempt of this kind was the creation of the vampire-like liches in chapter 4, but he said that it was only to kill Delly; he was a general, not a ruler).
Shaxtals:
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

i dont know if it is a bug/problem but when i used heal potion on Lethalia and she later leveled up she didnt exactly lose the +10 hp, she now has 109/99 life :D
will wear for sure out very fast

EDIT: i think you have to adjust the range of awakening enemies in "Lost", with the movement upgrade of the preserved liches it would be possible to kill an enemy leader in the turn you awaken him (my preserved liches have all 9 or 10 mp)

EDIT 2: forgot to mention long ago, i would advise to change the Elvish Overlord description, he isnt anymore a normal fighter who decided to lear faerie fire
bigkahuna

Post by bigkahuna »

I'd first just like to say, holy crap. 190 scenarios, and another chapter coming? I'm impressed. Especially that you've managed to build a fan base that's lasted the entire ride.

That said, it's probably not my thing. At least not yet. We'll see. Sticking with the same characters for ~100 hours is asking a lot, along with the micromanagement of units that an RPG interface requires.

But! I tried out the first few scenarios, then decided to put it aside until I finished some more of the mainline campaigns. I skipped ahead to the 9th chapter from the main menu to get a glance at the long-term endgame, and found a few bugs:
Spoiler:
Check out my campaign Sweet Revenge!
Join the new R2D forum!
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Konrad2 wrote:i dont know if it is a bug/problem but when i used heal potion on Lethalia and she later leveled up she didnt exactly lose the +10 hp, she now has 109/99 life
Seems that the potions' effects should be removed before advancing and not after advancing.
Konrad2 wrote: i think you have to adjust the range of awakening enemies in "Lost", with the movement upgrade of the preserved liches it would be possible to kill an enemy leader in the turn you awaken him (my preserved liches have all 9 or 10 mp)
These distances were calculated specifically to fit the tunnels, changing it might be quite hard. I'll try to change the terrain.
Konrad2 wrote:forgot to mention long ago, i would advise to change the Elvish Overlord description, he isnt anymore a normal fighter who decided to lear faerie fire
Yeah, badly outdated.
Bigkahuna wrote:I skipped ahead to the 9th chapter from the main menu to get a glance at the long-term endgame, and found a few bugs:
The overly long intro was a revision of events that happened in several previous chapters to introduce to the things that were happening. It does not appear if you have played these chapters before.
And the AMLA problem was not an endless loop, the problem is that you would get smashed very early, so you were given 20 AMLA choices for both leaders. I guess a notice that it is not a bug might be added. Chapter 9 is (intended to be) the most extreme part of the campaign, you'll need a plenty of units and gear and strong leaders. The freeze was probably due to some loading or setting up stuff, it sometimes happens at the beginning of first scenarios, even in other campaigns.
Raijer

Post by Raijer »

Question; the book of courage's description simply says "the unit becomes fearless". Is it an instant amelioration, or is there more than that in AMLA (can't really think about how there could be)?

William Ernest Henley
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

It instantly becomes fearless, and it cannot be removed. The fearless property is uneasy to manipulate.
Raijer

Post by Raijer »

Doesn't even add exp ?

William Ernest Henley
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

It should not have any relation with experience.
bigkahuna

Post by bigkahuna »

Dugi wrote:And the AMLA problem was not an endless loop, the problem is that you would get smashed very early, so you were given 20 AMLA choices for both leaders.
Ah, I see. That's a lot of AMLAs. The problem I had was that after each AMLA, about 45 seconds would pass before the next one would pop up. That's a 30 minute wait if it continued at that rate. Guess it can't be helped with a campaign of this scale (the leaders each have about 50 attributes!).

I don't envy you when it comes to bugtesting.
Check out my campaign Sweet Revenge!
Join the new R2D forum!
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

It should not take so long, and as far as I remember, the next advancement window appeared almost instantly, it was only delayed by the advancement animation (on 1.10.6, strangely, it took a bit longer on 1.11.2; but that still isn't enough for a broken loop). The long delay was there only for the first time.
What version and OS are you using?

The bugtesting is not so problematic, I have developed methods to locate bugs quite quickly, and in most cases I can guess quite precisely where it is. Most bugs are absolutely normal errors anyway. Most parts were just created and tested step by step and didn't change from that time
Pannenkoek

Post by Pannenkoek »

Hi dugi

At first i have to say that i really really really like this campaign allot. At second and the reason why i made this account : iam in chapter 3 now and accumulated 7500 gold on medium. Iam in the scenario where niflheilm freezes the whole town, after defeating the human boss. Btw if are you proceeding from 5 to 7 with units or is 6 a total startover?

Yours,

Pannenkoek
Raijer

Post by Raijer »

O_o... I found the glitch item... What am i supposed to do with it ?
Also, i think it's "armory" and not "armoury".
EDIT: Joining the save with the glitch. Killing the "brat" with lethalia should make it appear, even if you can't see it on the map.
Attachments
LotI1-Armoury-Sauvegarde_automatique19.gz
(467.72 KiB) Downloaded 165 times
Last edited by Raijer on May 13th, 2013, 9:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

William Ernest Henley
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

@Pannenkoek
I was decreasing the gold there, but it was not recently. And it might not have been enough. It seems I will have to decrease it even more... 7500 gold looks insane, like if you didn't recruit at all or something...

@Raijer
Can you describe the conditions of its appearance? What unit dropped it? Where? How was it killed? Anything unusual around? Maybe a save file where it's reproducible?
The item itself is just an indication that something went wrong, it tells nothing about the way it appeared, just like the Oops AMLA.
Armory versus armoury: Armory is american english, armoury is british english (my spellcheck is set to british english and it tags armoury as wrong). There are many small spelling differences, that you might not be aware of. LotI is written in British English.
Reason:
Last edited by Dugi on May 13th, 2013, 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Raijer

Post by Raijer »

Fu. Hoped it would be some special item (since i usually say "glitch" for a bug that can be used to advance fast in the game).
Last edited by Raijer on May 13th, 2013, 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

William Ernest Henley