Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
21%
Reaper
12%
Scythemaster
8%
Shadowalker
7%
Shadow Prince
8%
Siege Troll
5%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
8%
Soul Shooter
2%
Swordmaster
11%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
10%
Werewolf Rider
2%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 244

Dugi

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by Dugi »

The workaround I described will take place only after that you end the scenario and continue into another (that would mean editing and loading the scenario before dealing with trolls, finishing it, and then, it will take place).

The change I have done was to revert an AI modification that was added there before, and it was to make enemies attack the leaders all costs, but not to attack other units overly aggressively. I was reported several times that it causes trouble in chapters 7-9, and that I works better without it. So I tried to remove it and verified that chapter 9 works well without it. So I removed it permanently and... enemies prefer to let the leaders be because the units would take too much damage in locations where they don't have maximum aggression (that is almost all of chapters 1-4).
Raijer

Post by Raijer »

Ok... I thought it would work for the modified scenario. Gonna test again.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

William Ernest Henley
Elfarion

Post by Elfarion »

Hi,

I've been playing LotI for about two months or so and it's just great! I love the inventory system and the new unit types. Also the advancement system is pretty cool, since playing like this feels more RPG-like. Keep going!
After this outburst of euphoria I want to report an error message. I updated LotI today and encountered this error message. (I can't tell in what way it affects the gameplay, but I thought, you should know anyway.):
LUAError.png
"Each of mankind's steps towards tomorrow is a breaking of today's laws."
- Sergej Lukianenko
Svistwarrior273
Translator

Post by Svistwarrior273 »

I've finished Chapter I. before a while, but nothing special in AI's behavior...
(it was attacking Ef&Le almost always when it could :) )
Raijer

Post by Raijer »

The problem doesn't appear in the first 2 chapters because the units are actually strong enough not to get one-shot killed by lethalia/efraim. In chap 3, your heroes are already pretty strong, but the units do not get any special lvl up (unlike lilith's followers). I suppose that's why the problem appear.
@Dugi: The fix you gave me doesn't actually change anything. I hope i did it right. It seems it was an already existing problem...

William Ernest Henley
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Elfarion wrote:After this outburst of euphoria I want to report an error message. I updated LotI today and encountered this error message. (I can't tell in what way it affects the gameplay, but I thought, you should know anyway.):
Welcome to this topic :)
That error is clearly a typo added in the last version (Mostrosity instead of Monstrosity, obvious why this unit type was unknown).

@Raijer Please, upload a save file, so that I could check what's going on.
Raijer

Post by Raijer »

Here's the save file i modified using "the first blow"(before "dealing with trolls") and the "dealing with trolls" save i got from that. That doesn't affect the game much (though it can be annoying to destroy big armies and in the case of "dealing with trolls"). Bigger problem for me is that only lvl 4 mages dare attack (dunno why) and so i can't use other units as shield/leech to protect my leaders.
Attachments
LotI1-Dealing_with_Trolls.zip
(275.12 KiB) Downloaded 165 times
LotI1-The_First_Blow.zip
(276.74 KiB) Downloaded 122 times

William Ernest Henley
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

You've written there ERSTORE_AI_HACK instead of RESTORE_AI_HACK.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

i think he just copied from your post earlier
you made that typo yourself
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Oops, sorry.
Raijer

Post by Raijer »

Lol. All false... Gonna have to it again. I thought Erstore was strange, but since i don't know much code, i thought it was your way of doing it... Well, you found the error, already that.

Edit: Tested it, works perfectly. Things are gonna be easier now.
Also, how can i get melee leeches with lethalia (other than staff drain)?

Going through "the first blow" again, testing a little everything, and there's a problem. When i kill someone with a soulless, only a ghost is raised, even though it says the corpse is already used (supposedly for a zombie).

William Ernest Henley
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

"Woodland Cloak" doesnt work well with horsemen :/
it sets forestdefense on 20% instead of 40%
i believe that it has to do with the bug back then when horsemen had 80% defense on forest
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Raijer wrote:Edit: Tested it, works perfectly. Things are gonna be easier now.
Well, that's good that it works.
The formulation of the keyword that restored it had no relation to coding, it is a keyword I made up just for this purpose.
Raijer wrote:Also, how can i get melee leeches with lethalia (other than staff drain)?
There is Soul Render, an expensive crafting recipe that can add this. If you can't make it, try to stack some items with the life sucking property, it can have a similar or even better effect (since you can stack this quite easily to 5 or more, while leech heals only 10% of damage dealt).
Raijer wrote:Going through "the first blow" again, testing a little everything, and there's a problem. When i kill someone with a soulless, only a ghost is raised, even though it says the corpse is already used (supposedly for a zombie).
Soulless has plague, so the body was already used to create a zombie, no?
Konrad2 wrote:"Woodland Cloak" doesnt work well with horsemen :/
This is a bug in wesnoth, it was already fixed, I think in 1.11.1.
Raijer

Post by Raijer »

Dugi wrote:Soulless has plague, so the body was already used to create a zombie, no?
That's the problem, there's only a ghost. No zombie created.
Thanks about leeches, i hoped there would be an avancement, but no... Any way to transfer weapons from one game to the the other (like getting all the weapons i have in my finished game)? (don't worry i'm just joking).

William Ernest Henley
t3st3r

Post by t3st3r »

[off]Just happened to trek in Carpathian mountains. Where I can find that mystic occult armor? :D Also, I got mountain trek boots, but my movement speed on mountains still suxx. Strange... [/off]