Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
21%
Reaper
12%
Scythemaster
8%
Shadowalker
7%
Shadow Prince
8%
Siege Troll
5%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
8%
Soul Shooter
2%
Swordmaster
11%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
10%
Werewolf Rider
2%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 244

Silux

Re: Legend of the Invincibles (chapter 9 is out)

Post by Silux »

@JeffersOn
:lol2: a 19 moves? how you did you get that ^^?

@dugi
the unit would have 99 attacks,and each attack costs one move.When the unit has 0 moves, it's attacks become 1.
Another way to get around it is to have nearly endless attacks, so that no one really need to count them:)
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

You don't understand. The situation will always get to the point that a unit will have 1 move/attack. You can move 1 hex or you can attack. In order to make it possible to execute this action, the unit has to have 1 attack left and 1 move left. In this case, it is also possible to move 1 hex and attack an enemy there. And also, I don't want it, it is too crazy, totally destroying any balance possible.
axds123

Post by axds123 »

How do you get kids in chapter 9 only encountered them in chapter 8
U WOT M8
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

You don't have kids in chapter 9, but (what probably confused you to think so) in a cave beneath the first scenario, you will find the arch enemy from chapter 7 who will join you (because you cannot dominate a world that has been conquered by demons).
Jeffers0n

Post by Jeffers0n »

@JeffersOn
:lol2: a 19 moves? how you did you get that ^^?
Some AMLA's, Mountain Trek, two Lightning Agilty's (crafting bug), Deathwhirl and Caeord...rin's Spear.
Could someone please explain how potions other than Healing or Greater Healing Potions work? the affect wears off after some scenario's, but some potions stay longer than others.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Could someone please explain how potions other than Healing or Greater Healing Potions work? the affect wears off after some scenario's, but some potions stay longer than others.
Potions' effects disappear when the unit advances (no matter if AMLA or advancing into a new type). It has no relation to starting and finishing scenarios.
gfgtdf
Developer

Post by gfgtdf »

hm i never said i just played with leader i said i in the 9th chapter i played only with leader+little lethalia+A Gryphon rider(nothibng can scout better than Elvish gryphon riders).

I just took a look at the stats.cnf and i havew somm questions/bugs :
1)
Spoiler:
do want to iterate over advanced.advancement or advanced.advance ? i think it should be advanced.modifications.advance.
2)
Spoiler:
you have a lot of code outside that if tag so, it independent from has_this_attack, so if you already have that attack you just increase the damage of the last attack?

EDIT: why have all the resistances different caps?
Scenario with Robots SP scenario (1.11/1.12), allows you to build your units with components, PYR No preperation turn 1.12 mp-mod that allows you to select your units immideately after the game begins.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

hm i never said i just played with leader i said i in the 9th chapter i played only with leader+little lethalia+A Gryphon rider(nothibng can scout better than Elvish gryphon riders).
4 units? That is not much different than leader only.
do want to iterate over advanced.advancement or advanced.advance ? i think it should be advanced.modifications.advance.
Woah, you've found a bug I could not find for very long. It was causing only very tiny performance decrease, so it was not easy to notice (I noticed it when reading save files, but it was easy to forget because it was the only way to notice it).
you have a lot of code outside that if tag so, it independent from has_this_attack, so if you already have that attack you just increase the damage of the last attack?
I found no code outside the if tag in that snippet.
why have all the resistances different caps?
Because I wanted so. I don't have any particular reason for it.
Jeffers0n

Post by Jeffers0n »

Potions' effects disappear when the unit advances (no matter if AMLA or advancing into a new type). It has no relation to starting and finishing scenarios.
Okay, seems a bit strange, wouldn't it be better to let it dissapear after one scenario(like in some other campaigns?)
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

I prefer it this way. In other campaigns, they use a function of the game that allows you to make objects that vanish at scenario end, but in this campaign, it would make almost all items' effects that apply to that unit vanish, so I could not use this trick to simplify it. I could choose then, and I chose that it will vanish when they advance, because otherwise, you might take a potion and realise it is the end of scenario.
gfgtdf
Developer

Post by gfgtdf »

Dugi wrote:
4 units? That is not much different than leader only.
that was a reply to "
Dugi wrote:So you didn't play with leaders only
"
Dugi wrote:I found no code outside the if tag in that snippet.
Because I wanted so. I don't have any particular reason for it.
i dont put it in the the snippet because i dint' want the snippet to be too long.
Scenario with Robots SP scenario (1.11/1.12), allows you to build your units with components, PYR No preperation turn 1.12 mp-mod that allows you to select your units immideately after the game begins.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

I am still failing to find the part where something was misplaced. If you think something is wrong there, can you please post the whole thing and write where is it?
gfgtdf
Developer

Post by gfgtdf »

if the attack aleady exists ths code just changes the type of the last attack for example.
Spoiler:
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

It is correct. It is changing only the attack it just added, and therefore the last attack.
gfgtdf
Developer

Post by gfgtdf »

but if has_this_attack is false you don't add an attack.