Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
21%
Reaper
12%
Scythemaster
8%
Shadowalker
7%
Shadow Prince
8%
Siege Troll
5%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
8%
Soul Shooter
2%
Swordmaster
11%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
10%
Werewolf Rider
2%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 244

Dugi

Re: Legend of the Invincibles feedback

Post by Dugi »

lynx wrote:What do you mean with whirlwind not being counterable? The defender won't fight back?
Exactly. If you dislike it, I might change it back.

Information: If you have downloaded the update very soon after the release, you might experience a feature missing (decreased drops at the beginning of chapter 1; but more drops are not something you might dislike).
tribes45

Re: Legend of the Invincibles (Chapter 5 is out)

Post by tribes45 »

I've come to the point of which my liches are so Over Powered it's not even fun anymore. Maybe you can nerf them?
I don't need an army of units, I need two units to beat the entire campaign.

I mean, with my Elf Perserved Lich, I kill atleast three Level 2+ units a turn..
"In peace, sons bury their fathers. In war, fathers bury their sons." -Herodotus
"Two things are infinite, the universe and Human stupidity. Although, I'm not sure about the universe. -Albert Einstein
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

In which part are you?

In the last update, I have removed the drain effect possibility from faerie fire (does not affect existing save files), also the slow, and I and I am planning make them get less experience too (tons of exp for huge range are the main source of their experience).

If you do not think that this could be solved by strongly nerfed advancement speed, tell me.
tribes45

Post by tribes45 »

dugi wrote:In which part are you?

In the last update, I have removed the drain effect possibility from faerie fire (does not affect existing save files), also the slow, and I and I am planning make them get less experience too (tons of exp for huge range are the main source of their experience).

If you do not think that this could be solved by strongly nerfed advancement speed, tell me.
I'm in the Third Campaign.

My Faerie fire hits constant 13-20s, with the explosion exp she doesn't need drain, she levels up atleast a couple times a mission. Just nerf damage, Strikes, etc is my opinion.
"In peace, sons bury their fathers. In war, fathers bury their sons." -Herodotus
"Two things are infinite, the universe and Human stupidity. Although, I'm not sure about the universe. -Albert Einstein
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

The problem might be the update. It changed the system, and this allowed characters in save files to keep their older advancements as well as take the new ones. The maximum should be 22-11, without slow or drain and with swarm (if you started on 2.1.0) and from the 2.1.1 update, it should no longer give the insane amounts of experience (nothing for the additional targets; I was thinking about nerfing it down too).

Version 2.1.1 uploaded. It is just a maintenance release, fixing and balancing a few things.

Changelog

Code: Select all

Enemies in chapter 5 no longer drop two items at once
Animations of lightnings in scenario 'Akula's Place' when somebody attacks an ally of Akula work properly now
The animations of Shadowalkers when attacking with a sword should work properly now
Delly's animations with sword should work properly now
Attacks hitting multiple enemies now give experience only for fighting the selected target; this means that it will no longer give insane amounts of experience
When passing from one location of Antediluvian tunnels to another, the game will pass there without announcing that the level is over and XXX gold will be retained
Decreased the damage of Deathlord from 12-5 to 10-5, added crossbows to them (5-3 pierce)
Efraim can no longer pick up crossbows (they were absolutely useless to him anyway))
Crosaith

Post by Crosaith »

Ahhh... okay. So, the whole romance part is still a work in progress then? This might be a bit much considering you've had both characters together for so long... But, how about romance options later on? Choices and varietion are always fun. ^^

I don't mind Efraim bein overpowered. Maybe add some either/or skills at lvl up? U know the whole diff build thing :)
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Crosaith wrote:Ahhh... okay. So, the whole romance part is still a work in progress then? This might be a bit much considering you've had both characters together for so long... But, how about romance options later on? Choices and varietion are always fun. ^^
They are undead. Undead are creatures of darkness, and something like love is not for them. While they are undead, all friendship processes are suspended. For the 6th chapter, I plan something that might change this static relationship.
Crosaith wrote:I don't mind Efraim bein overpowered. Maybe add some either/or skills at lvl up? U know the whole diff build thing :)
I don't want to stray too far from the game's usual ways. I think that like it is now, it is okay. However, I want to redo the whole thing in chapter 6 (chapter 5 is the end of the story; you start from scratch in 6th).

However, it will take really long before I start writing chapter 6, I am getting somewhat busy in real life and there is a plenty of things I want to do before, like
- Adding some side quests to chapter 5, I think it needs them
- Giving some more advancements to loyalists (you get some of them to the recall list in chapter 1 and 4, and it's annoying that you cannot advance them like other units)
- Making a LotI collaborative multiplayer scenario
- Adding item crafting
t3st3r

Post by t3st3r »

1) I found bug in "transitions" on 5th part of campaign. Some 2 transitions are messed up on Amplificator 2 map. Store room and amplificator room labels are interchanged and at very least, area label does not matches popup question.

See attached screenshot, issue is marked with red:
LoTI-places-bug.png
Note: that's only for one of 2 bugged places. Second place haves similar bug as we..

2) I found some mismatches in overall story regarding to second sun creation. Some other campaign proposes that one of suns has been in fact a huge "flying mountain" machine, which has blew up and turned into sun when heroes removed Ruby of Fire from it. While it's probably not your bug at all, it could be wise to co-operate with author of that campaign to adjust storyline to some consistent way.

3) Elvish Nightprowlers can't pick up at least some bows. That's odd. At least applies to bow pre-placed on Amplificator 2 map (at 37,5).
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

1. Found and will be fixed when uploading. Just the label was incorrect, the transition was according to the map.

2. I have never played that campaign, and it is something I never heard about. I was just coming out from what was said in IftU and UtBS. It was said there that the second sun was a mountain raised to the sky and lit (I did not write too much about this) by magical means, but the mages screwed it and it crashed. I am not sure if the flying machine and Ruby of Fire fits into that. All I added in fact was that they failed it because they were killed.
Can you please tell me what was the name of that add-on?

3. Oops. Elvish Nighprowlers were allowed to pick bows instead of Nightprowlers. Been a typo.

Note: The items on the ground in various scenarios are completely random, the only exception is the ring of wisdom found in chapter 3. Items in LotI work differently than in other campaigns, and it is easier and probably better to place the things randomly - favourable for replays.
Last edited by Dugi on May 10th, 2012, 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Crosaith

Post by Crosaith »

Ahhh, okay. I gotcha. Guess I was picturing preserved liches wrong. Thought they where something like vampires that drain souls instead of blood. Guess vamps are the only undead that get romance. :wink:

Hmm.. Kinda curious about what u have planned for the 6th... Guess I gotta wait ^^
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Maybe in August or September, if everything goes well.

And about vamps, I totally hate all this crap about vampire romance. Vampires should be ferocious monsters, arrogant and scheming, who might enjoy some physical parts of love, but still are beasts incapable of anything closer to real love than mutual profit. No love for the wicked. Preserved liches are not evil only because their former shape reminds them what they have been, and that allowed them to keep some kind of morality and sense for good and wrong, and old friendships as well. Notice that even if they are fighting for good, they have no problems to kill masses of people in cold blood. In late chapter 5, this gets quite bad with Lethalia.
lmcds

Post by lmcds »

Hi. That's the first time I participate on this forum. The reason is simple, this campaign is for me simply the best one. And I want it as perfect as possible.

I had played the first two chapters a year ago and decided to replay it last week. I was pleased to see 5 chapters and much more fun with the items. I played throughly until the 5th chapter when a very bothering problem happened:

At the end of We Walk in the Shadows scenario, when I kill Akula, the max HP of my preserved liches fall from the current value (448 and 527 hp) to the initial values of 70 and 64 hp. That makes me stop playing the campaign.

That is the main bug I noticied, but also the scenario objective don't change (at the menu) after Taruk is reached.

Another one, some scenarios before, that I still have to locate better, finish the scenario when the Mage leader is just attacked. If it is a unkown bug to you, I will check out in details.

Thanks and congratulations for the amazing campaign and ideas.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

First I am happy you liked it.

The bug in We Walk in the Shadows is somewhat weird, because it did not happen to me. But I think I have figured it out, it might be related to the removal of plague for that scenario crashing with a workaround for faster feeding (gaining 400 hp with feeding would cause the save files to have 3000 extra lines). You can send me the save file created after that the bug happened and I might fix the low hp for you. I will fix error that asap.

I admit that I have forgotten to make it change the scenario objective.

If the scenario with the finish when a mage is attacked is the final scenario of the 4th chapter, it was intended.

Edit: I made a new version. Should fix the problems mentioned.

Changelog:

Code: Select all

2.1.2 (maintenance)
Replaced Efraim's portrait with one from CrowT
Added an item
Ring of Wisdom is no longer invisible when dropped
Elvish Nightprowlers can now pick bows like they were supposed to
Leaders no longer have a chance to lose hp obtained by feeding in the We Walk in the Shadows scenario
I have attempted to part it back for 1.8 because quite a few people were downloading it, but because of the 1.8's improper ability to track errors and number of changes between the versions, I was unable to locate the problems and gave it up after 3 hours of effort :( .
Last edited by Dugi on May 17th, 2012, 11:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
lmcds

Post by lmcds »

Thank you very much. I download the new version and replayed the last saved file before the problem and the bug repeated again. Then I tryed from the beggining of the scenario and the bug disappeared (before the download the same didn´t work).

I will continue playing and will let you now if something else happens.

Can´t wait for the whole 7 chapters.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Reloading a save file from the middle of a scenario rarely fixes problems, the scenario has to be replayed from the start if you don't want to edit the save file itself, and in this case I have changed the scenario heavily and it would be hard.

After thinking about the exact storyline, I am not sure if I want the finale events of chapter 7 to happen, so I might leave it open-ended and add something if I have an idea. But again... not decided yet.

Edit: I am on a good way to add item sellers to the campaign.
Edit: I have added item sellers to the campaign, there is 6 of them.