1.9 SP Campaign - Sweet Revenge

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

bigkahuna

Re: 1.9 SP Campaign - Sweet Revenge

Post by bigkahuna »

EDIT: Bugs fixed.

0.6.3 is out, with the bugs mentioned fixed and a couple of easter eggs added... Good luck finding them all!
Check out my campaign Sweet Revenge!
Join the new R2D forum!
shalky

Post by shalky »

After a while I was finally able to get back to the campaign. And I have to admit, that you have done great work.
I really liked some of the features.
bigkahuna

Post by bigkahuna »

Thanks, Shalky!

After one final pesky bugfix which I failed to notice, I'm calling it quits complete! As always, if you encounter any bugs or balancing issues, this is the thread to post it in!

EDIT: Note that I will not be doing a major dialogue/wmllint compatibility fix until someone expresses interest in translating it. Of course dialogue/spelling/grammar errors/suggestions are always appreciated.
Join the new R2D forum!
nindnarne

Post by nindnarne »

in scenario 2, how do you (gimli) actually build the ballista?
bigkahuna

Post by bigkahuna »

Spoiler:
Join the new R2D forum!
nindnarne

Post by nindnarne »

whats a few rounds? I've waited 4 rounds on both "wait" (ie 18,15) and "gimli" (20,15).

Also, seems like there is a bug. I've killed everyone but the two big bosses in the south. the attack screen says there is a 40% chance to hit, but its more like.....2%. they level up before i have a chance to kill them.
nindnarne

Post by nindnarne »

oh, so gimli needs to be placed on 19,15, north of ballista.......
bigkahuna

Post by bigkahuna »

Sorry about the confusion, I'll be clearer in the future.

About the chance to hit - that is an intentional if messy hack to keep the leaders alive, I'll put some hints in there stating so. Thanks for your reports, I'll have an update by tomorrow.

EDIT: 1.0.1 is ready to release, but in updating to 1.9.4 the campaign screwed up. Should be ready by tomorrow at the very latest.

Changes: Campaign is updated to 1.9.4. You MUST update to 1.9.4 to play it. If you do NOT want to update to 1.9.4, do NOT update your version of Sweet Revenge! Stick with 1.0.0.

A new status is defined (possession), which means that you may now possess units with the special unit in scenario Front Lines! Enjoy!
Join the new R2D forum!
cormag

Post by cormag »

Ok first of all, love the campaign however i have a question

*SPOILERS*
On the mission where you choose what side you want to be on (Dont remember name) i am kinda stumped i went with the necromancer, i got my team to the south and now i gotta take out the other groups leader with the necromancers awareness however he doesnt do any damage so am i missing something here?
nindnarne

Post by nindnarne »

cormag wrote:Ok first of all, love the campaign however i have a question

*SPOILERS*
On the mission where you choose what side you want to be on (Dont remember name) i am kinda stumped i went with the necromancer, i got my team to the south and now i gotta take out the other groups leader with the necromancers awareness however he doesnt do any damage so am i missing something here?

use the ghost that is recalled right next to the necromancer. fly over and use the ranged attack which will convert the opponent leader.
bigkahuna

Post by bigkahuna »

cormag wrote:now i gotta take out the other groups leader with the necromancers awareness however he doesnt do any damage so am i missing something here?
Spoiler:
Join the new R2D forum!
cormag

Post by cormag »

ok so basically he is not hitting? Just had to make sure
Rowanthepreacher

Post by Rowanthepreacher »

Ok I'm playing through and since I converted the other side's spirit i've got two around. I just started the siege of Weldyn and recalled Aethuc got a bit of dialogue, but now I can summon him again for a total of three unkillable, insta-killing, mind controlling fast moving spirits (2 Aethuc,1 Mal)

EDIT: One Aethuc doesn't have skirmish.
bigkahuna

Post by bigkahuna »

Wow. I've neglected this for a long time.

After a month of agonizing about not being able to update my campaign, I tried once more in desperation... and it worked... Well, all those errors you mentioned should be fixed! If you update your campaign now, you WILL have to updated to Wesnoth 1.9.4 to play it. Thanks for reporting these bugs!
Join the new R2D forum!
Rowanthepreacher

Post by Rowanthepreacher »

I have to say, the moment those spirits appear on the scene, the game becomes incredibly easy. I ended the last scenario by taking control of the lord of Weldyn and simply removing him from the keep. I think it might be more balanced if the spirits only had a chance to take over on their own strike, rather than every retaliation, but allow it to work on defence as well (as it stands, they can't use their powers in defence, but when they attack another unit, every time the unit retaliates, the game checks for the ability).