"The fellowship of the Clay" Humans gaining ground story

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

pauxlo

Re: "The fellowship of the Clay" Humans gaining ground stor

Post by pauxlo »

Nice campaign (I just got to "Dark Walks").

A (supposed) bug:
Harriet's "teleport other people" ability works for me just in the first scenario I can use her (i.e. the one where I have to stop the fire) and when she next levels up, just up to the next loading of a savegame.
I can't really play the whole campaign (or even longer scenarios) in one sitting, so I'm not able to use her much differently than a normal silver mage. I'm using BfW 1.10.2, and the current version of the campaign (no updates found).

Edit: Reading a post on the previous pages of this thread, I found the reason: She can only teleport when having 6 MP left, and at start of turn she has 7.
I wish I had realized this earlier.

Also, in "Dark Walks": what exactly is the criterion for the undead to (not) "see" me? I get attacked by some of them even when my units are quite away from the "canyon". Do I really have to be out of their vision range? This is quite difficult for the ghosts.
Reval

Post by Reval »

pauxlo wrote:Nice campaign (I just got to "Dark Walks").
Edit: Reading a post on the previous pages of this thread, I found the reason: She can only teleport when having 6 MP left, and at start of turn she has 7.
I wish I had realized this earlier.
This is a bug I thought we had fixed (twice)... :oops:
Source of the problem are her random traits that might cause her to have 7mp max if she has gotten the trait quick when you get her.
This is a problem because the check of her having moved assumes her max mp to be always 6.
After I first heared from it, we decided to give her fixed instead of random traits... I can only apologize.
pauxlo wrote:Also, in "Dark Walks": what exactly is the criterion for the undead to (not) "see" me? I get attacked by some of them even when my units are quite away from the "canyon". Do I really have to be out of their vision range? This is quite difficult for the ghosts.
Well, you aren't supposed to avoid all of the undead. The AI of the undead prioritises following the path to some degree but as soon as you are in (visible) range, they will attack. Sio it is basically your choice of how hard you engage the enemy troops - you shouldn't be able to defeat all of them but you can't avoid all of them either. :wink:
The Wesnoth Unit Quiz by Flametrooper:
You Scored as Arch Mage - Arrg, just Arch?!?

The Fellowship of the Clay
NoQ

Post by NoQ »

Hello, i was just searching through forum artwork for a unicorn unit/artwork/sprite/portrait/whatever and found this thread.
May i re-use the excellent unicorn image from your campaign for my stuff? :oops:

I mean, of course everything is GPL'd, just wanted to know how you feel about such things.
I'm not able to paint my own artwork, but i'll have to apply some photoshop to it in the process, so i'm not stealing the whole character :oops:
The Flight of Drakes, Only Death Behind, ??? (not yet sure how the third part will be called).
Reval

Post by Reval »

NoQ wrote:Hello, i was just searching through forum artwork for a unicorn unit/artwork/sprite/portrait/whatever and found this thread.
May i re-use the excellent unicorn image from your campaign for my stuff? :oops:
The plain unicorn (that is also available as silver unicorn) is from "Fate of a princess" I think. So it isn't our original work either while snow-white isn't a real unicorn. :wink:
So you might ask the authors of Fate of a princess - from our side there is no problem.
Last edited by Reval on September 9th, 2013, 6:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

NoQ

Post by NoQ »

Aha, got it, great, thanks!
The Flight of Drakes, Only Death Behind, ??? (not yet sure how the third part will be called).
santi
Lord of Wesmere

Post by santi »

Am I missing something or is there a bug in the scenario where Feyndwarf is supposed to block the lava with the rock and lorelei the dam? Because Feyndwarf complains that the rock won't move and Lorelei also is unable to blow up anything.
P.S. That is both before and after all baddies are defeated
Reval

Post by Reval »

santi wrote:Am I missing something or is there a bug in the scenario where Feyndwarf is supposed to block the lava with the rock and lorelei the dam? Because Feyndwarf complains that the rock won't move and Lorelei also is unable to blow up anything.
P.S. That is both before and after all baddies are defeated
My first guess is that the mission still works as intended.
Spoiler:
If this wasn't the issue, send me a save-file and BfW Version for me to check out.
Best
Reval

santi
Lord of Wesmere

Post by santi »

Thanks for the info, even though how is one supposed to guess that? Anyway, even with that hint, blocking the lava and Lorelei blowing up the dam with all enemies dead, there is no win and no objective. Is one supposed to just sit there and something will happen?
Reval

Post by Reval »

santi wrote:Thanks for the info, even though how is one supposed to guess that?
Spoiler:
santi wrote:Anyway, even with that hint, blocking the lava and Lorelei blowing up the dam with all enemies dead, there is no win and no objective. Is one supposed to just sit there and something will happen?
I fear that the reason might be that you killed the enemies before the other events triggered. In doing so, there were no enemies left when you should kill them. Try to do the blocking/blowing up first.

santi
Lord of Wesmere

Post by santi »

Don't you prefer to have this explained IN The campaign scenario rather than in the forums?
Reval

Post by Reval »

santi wrote:Don't you prefer to have this explained IN The campaign scenario rather than in the forums?
The behavior of the campaign in this case is obviously an error of programming on our side as we didn't consider that case.
Even better than having a bug explained would have been to considered the case that a player could go for the enemies first, beforehand.

As in the case with the rock
Spoiler:
, I hoped that the conversation of the characters would be enough guidance:
Clyde wrote: […] First, we have to dump that pretty big rock into the lava, second we somehow have to blow up the barrage and third, we somehow have to get to that lake without attracting all these undead.
Legomir wrote: Obviously, they have the instruction to move out. Only if we attract their intention they will engage us... I fear that dumping that lava into the stream will certainly just do that.
Meredor wrote: True! I strongly suggest that we try to get someone to the lake before we dump the rock into the lava. Only by carrying out both parts of our plan synchronously, or nearly so, can we succeed before the undead realize what's going on. Harriett, I am pretty sure that we need your powers here to realize the speed we need - one way or the other.
Obviously I was wrong and I have to apologize.

santi
Lord of Wesmere

Post by santi »

No need to apologize, the point was that making the objectives clearer(e.g. Harriet dumps the rock, Lorelei blasts the dam BEfore engaging) would be helpful, so my suggestion is just change the objectives. BTW, I tried that, i.e. surround the draug keep but do not engage until the lava is blocked and then immediately blow up the dam. However upon finishing off the undead, there was no victory and it's not clear what one needs to do. Certainly not take the troops to the lake when Lorelei says stay back
Reval

Post by Reval »

santi wrote:However upon finishing off the undead, there was no victory and it's not clear what one needs to do. Certainly not take the troops to the lake when Lorelei says stay back
Just for everyone else who might have wondered: This scenario ends when the gap is completely closed which in turn happens a few rounds after you took the necessary steps.
Last edited by Reval on March 14th, 2014, 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

looklike

Post by looklike »

Excuse me, i novice and may be its a dumb question, but:
three towers
i move legomir to position, than kill necromancer - and loose. whats wrong?
Reval

Post by Reval »

looklike wrote:Excuse me, i novice and may be its a dumb question, but:
three towers
i move legomir to position, than kill necromancer - and loose. whats wrong?
You need to attack with the correct attack: Only the "ex-hammer"-attack that Legomir gets shortly before from Feyndwarf will work. The story states that you should not kill him but petrify him as to avoid the the collapse of Wehlot.
Last edited by Reval on April 15th, 2014, 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.