To Lands Unknown 3.9

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Feufochmar

Re: To Lands Unknown

Post by Feufochmar »

bigkahuna wrote:Also, you can summon rhami and elements adjacent to a summoning unit, which is easier than making them walk from a keep (if you are far away).
A unit summoned by summoners cost also less than the same unit recruited on a keep. But the summoner can't move or attack if he summons a unit.
wesfreak

Post by wesfreak »

In the kharos scenario:
Spoiler:
Matherton

Post by Matherton »

I am again stuck on Mag-Magar... I am playing on normal and I start the scenario with 300 gold... should I be able to beat it with that and decent recalls? Advice and/or encouragement would be appreciated.
Also, why doesn't every Grand Summoner advance to a Master Summoner? The first time I played, I got a Grand Summoner to advance to a Master Summoner (I think that is what I mean, anyway I mean the type in the really big circle), but this time through my Grand Summoners all have purple XP...
Does this have anything to do with an item found in the cave? Or is it random? Or something else?
inferno8
Art Contributor

Post by inferno8 »

@wesfreak: this bug appears in the version from the link. I fixed this issue on the versions uploaded to add-ons servers.
Matherton wrote:I am again stuck on Mag-Magar... I am playing on normal and I start the scenario with 300 gold... should I be able to beat it with that and decent recalls? Advice and/or encouragement would be appreciated.
Yes. Here is my advise:
Spoiler:
Matherton wrote:why doesn't every Grand Summoner advance to a Master Summoner? The first time I played, I got a Grand Summoner to advance to a Master Summoner (I think that is what I mean, anyway I mean the type in the really big circle), but this time through my Grand Summoners all have purple XP...
Does this have anything to do with an item found in the cave? Or is it random? Or something else?
The Summons Master is locked at the beginning. After scenario 12 all your Grand Summoners can advance to him (he becomes unlocked).
Creator of Era of Magic
Creator of To Lands Unknown

Support me on Ko-fi! https://ko-fi.com/inferno8
Captain_Wrathbow

Post by Captain_Wrathbow »

After finally finding time to try it out and play a few scenarios, I'm back... :D
And I'm astounded.
This campaign is incredible, quite possibly one of the best, if not the best I've ever played. (Plus, I also love EoMa anyways) The concept of the multi-hex maps is really neat, and you've done an unbeatable job at implementing it. I especially loved how, in the first scenario, you had the desert and scattered small buildings in the background. But aside from just having a fresh and cool concept, the campaign is actually fun.
The only (and I mean only) negative feedback I can give is the spelling and grammar mistakes, which are forgivable since I know you're working hard to iron those out. Unfortunately I didn't make note of any so I don't remember any specific ones... maybe I will from now on. I'm only on the third playable scenario.
All in all, great job, and keep it up! :D
bigkahuna

Post by bigkahuna »

Captain_Wrathbow wrote:I'm only on the third playable scenario.
ALL the scenarios are playable - about 15 battle and 5 talk
Matherton wrote:I am again stuck on Mag-Magar... I am playing on normal and I start the scenario with 300 gold... should I be able to beat it with that and decent recalls? Advice and/or encouragement would be appreciated.
Spoiler:
Check out my campaign Sweet Revenge!
Join the new R2D forum!
wesfreak

Post by wesfreak »

Bug:
Spoiler:
shadowhawke

Post by shadowhawke »

@inferno8 I am using 1.9. The error says something about lua - which confused me since i see no lua files... I wasn't able to kill Aerius before Rashti was split so i am not sure how it works otherwise. i just thought it was a bit weird that they had to be adjacent.
Captain_Wrathbow

Post by Captain_Wrathbow »

bigkahuna wrote:ALL the scenarios are playable - about 15 battle and 5 talk
Playable refers to the scenarios in which you actually... play. The "talk" scenarios you mention are unplayable. You're mistaking my meaning as "incomplete scenarios", which is something different. :wink:
IPS

Post by IPS »

bigkahuna wrote:
IPS wrote: think I know what happened, make you sure to have ALL the TLU complements, they are necesary to play the campaign.
No, I reloaded campaign and worked fine. Temporary error, I guess. Besides, I downloaded from the full-compiled file on the first page.
Yeah, I had this once too.

I don't know why this happens =/
Creator of: Deathmatch new in 1.12 server.
Co-creator of: Era of Magic in 1.16 server
Developer of: Empires in 1.12 server, Ageless Era in 1.10 to 1.16 servers (but innactive recently)
Try My winning Orocia Guide
Matherton

Post by Matherton »

I have just tried inferno8's advice (which was mostly what I had been doing, except that I had been expending some units on claiming villages- it did work out better when I stopped doing that)... I killed the purple boss... I pressed end turn... and watched my ally get ripped to shreds!!! Is his death supposed to cause a 'you have been defeated' thing even after he announces that his death is now acceptable, by the way?
bigkahuna

Post by bigkahuna »

Matherton wrote:I killed the purple boss... I pressed end turn... and watched my ally get ripped to shreds!!!
Spoiler:
Last edited by bigkahuna on October 8th, 2010, 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my campaign Sweet Revenge!
Join the new R2D forum!
Alarantalara
Art Contributor

Post by Alarantalara »

I tried the first level just to see what it looked like, and it is indeed impressive.

However, do you mind if I try to improve your terrain graphics code? For instance, the attached file produces the same result for the first scenario map, but is 28KB smaller.
Attachments
terrain_m01.cfg
(2.69 KiB) Downloaded 561 times
inferno8
Art Contributor

Post by inferno8 »

Alarantalara wrote:However, do you mind if I try to improve your terrain graphics code? For instance, the attached file produces the same result for the first scenario map, but is 28KB smaller.
Thank you. Some terrain files need checkup, so your help is greatly appreciated ;)

Today I'm going to fix all reported bugs and grammar/spelling mistakes, so expect the new version to be released this weekend.
Creator of Era of Magic
Creator of To Lands Unknown

Support me on Ko-fi! https://ko-fi.com/inferno8
Matherton

Post by Matherton »

thank you bigkahuna!!! Your plan worked beautifully.
Now I can finally see the next scenario in this AWESOME campaign!!!!!!