To Lands Unknown 3.9

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

WanderingHero

Re: To Lands Unknown 3.1.2 - a new gameplay mode!

Post by WanderingHero »

Also to give some useful feedback: Why does this campaign lack early finish bonuses? In scenarios like the first and choas you might as well dick around and collect money. It's not a huge deal in the first scenario, though it's silly that the optimal play is to chase the guy down then stand outside the building for a few turns so you can collect money, but in Chaos you can let an enemy live, leave an enemy live, then skip turns and earn potenitally infinite gold. I oonly went up to 200 because I didnt want to break the campaign, though if I can't beat the siege scenario I might cheese it for more gold. I could also cheeese it for exp for my Grand Summoners but that feels TOO cheesy
christucker

Post by christucker »

Just had to come here and praise the hell out of this campaign. I've been completely obsessed with it the last couple of days. Simply spectacular. The only downside is that it'll eventually end, and nothing is probably going to ever top it. Loving the whole Era, it's pure perfection with epic units, bunch of interesting specials and top-notch sprites&animations; loving the story, it's got me invested and has a big scale; I think I'm crushing on Rashti hardcore, what an unexpectedly awesome&interesting character - I wish more campaigns had badass custom characters like her who you just can't help but love; loving the visual flare and epic scenarios; loving the deep sense of progression and accomplishment... The list goes on. Dialogue is probably the only thing worth mentioning as something that calls for improvement, there's so many typos and people speak in a jarringly modern fashion from time to time.

Some bugs that I've encountered include the artifacts from the cave scenario: if you choose to save them for later, the advancement bonus won't work on lvl 2 recalls, and it in fact downgrades your lvl 3 units to lvl 2 if you give them an artifact. On lvl 1 recruits they work as intended.

Not exactly a bug but many scenarios allow for cheese opportunities - especially since there's no early finish bonuses, it's easy to leave 1 enemy alive and accumulate money by letting the turns run out. Yea the guy before me seems to have mentioned the same thing, and yes, this can also be used to level up your Grand Summoners, which is just silly.

There were some other bugs but I'll have to report them later, way too tired atm. Thank you for providing this amazing experience, know that it still continues to entertain people and I want to hold on to the vain hope that you find the time to eventually make a continuation, no matter how brief it might be.
jinbo

Post by jinbo »

There is a graphical issue when I cursor over a unit in osx version 1.14.8, the most recent steam version.

Devs said it looks like a bug in the rendering engine, but they thought they fixed it. They also said it's possible inferno8 forgot to re-save the images with non-premultiplied alpha or something. Is this something you can do and re-upload the resources, inferno8?

Thanks

inferno8
Art Contributor

Post by inferno8 »

@jinbo: Interesting... I don't have this issue, but I am using a different OS. Can someone else confirm this bug?

@christucker: Thank you for your kind words :) I am very happy to see that people enjoy the campaign as much as I do.

Good news: the patch is under way - it fixes many typos and recently discovered bugs. It should be ready soon.
Creator of Era of Magic
Creator of To Lands Unknown

Support me on Ko-fi! https://ko-fi.com/inferno8
inferno8
Art Contributor

Post by inferno8 »

To Lands Unknown 3.1.3 has been released!

This is a maintenance release focusing on balancing, typos and bugfixing.

Code: Select all

Version 3.1.3
- Scenarios
	> scenario 10 - Chaos:
		* added a turn limit (with victory) to reduce cheesing
	> scenario 17 - Siege of Kharos:
		* added Jinni advice for the Siege of Kharos scenario
	> scenario 19 - Sky Kingdom:
		* changed Cosmic Eyes combat behavior:
			- made the cosmic eyes use "ai_special=guard" for the first four turns
			- eyes amount is now 0.8 of lvl3, but lvl4s now count too

- General
	* fixed the Golden Carpet not advancing his owner
	* fixed camel rider cloak levelup bug
	* updated campaign difficulty macros
	* fixed typos

- Translations
	* update the raw translation file
	* updated the French translation
	* updated the Polish translation
I'd like to thank white_haired_uncle who helped me a lot with correcting many typos in TLU dialogs - thank you! :) Also, I'd like to thank all EoMa & TLU supporters - by posting bug reports you make the campaign even better!

@jinbo: I haven't been able to determine what causes the problem you encountered, so I am afraid this patch won't help you much. I suspect this is OS specific because on Windows and Linux it works. You could theoretically solve it by adding alpha channel to some terrain images. I cannot modify and release the fixed files myself as that simple change would increase TLU resources add-on tenfold, but you can fix it locally on your side. I can give you more detailed instructions if you want. Just send me a PM if you're interested.
Creator of Era of Magic

Dabuh

Re: To Lands Unknown 3.1.3

Post by Dabuh »

I'm currently playing the campaign (version 3.1.3, EoMa version 3.2.0) and spotted a bug in the scenario 10 (Chaos). Not sure whether this is important but I'm playing in badass mode. I've come to the point where the portal is closed and only enemies of the red abyss fraction are left. Wanting to collect some Dimensional Gates, I didn't kill the last jinn but banished it. And though the enemies are all gone now, victory isn't triggered.
white_haired_uncle

Post by white_haired_uncle »

In turn 7 attached, you'll see my summoner standing on an enemy village after being drawn there by the giant sucking thing. Seemed kind of odd.

P.S.

near jungle: full creatures > full of creatures

southern nations: you're told gold carryover is 5%, but then it gets set to 10% at the end
Attachments
TLU-Chaos Turn 7.gz
(138.06 KiB) Downloaded 560 times
TLU-Chaos-Auto-Save6.gz
(138 KiB) Downloaded 533 times
white_haired_uncle

Post by white_haired_uncle »

I think it was about the time when Mehir received the incantation of power that all of his other attacks went to 0. Is that supposed to happen?

BTW, if you AMAL up here, you can increase his scimitar attack by 1, to 1.

P.S.

water trait: ford an reef > ford and reef

forgot where: warm of locusts > swarm of locusts

tar-tabar: simply it > simply keep it

abyssal rebellion: barely gives us > barely give us

saffaros: Can you believes > Can you believe

kharos: time for you you > time for you

EDIT: ruins: units are recover > units are able to recover
Attachments
TLU-Sky Kingdom-Auto-Save1.gz
(201.83 KiB) Downloaded 515 times
boyoyoy

Post by boyoyoy »

Hi,

I really like your campaign, but on x=21 y=19 in the first play scenario (not the tutorial) you forgot to pt the Unwalkable overlay. ( I think carpet riders shall be allowed to go there :D )

boyoyoy
Still thinking about, if I should think about what I should think about...
BTIsaac

Post by BTIsaac »

inferno8 wrote: May 16th, 2019, 5:28 pm @jinbo: Interesting... I don't have this issue, but I am using a different OS. Can someone else confirm this bug?
Sorry I'm late with this. I just decided to look into this campaign again to see how my device handles the updated graphics, and it looks like almost NONE of the background images render. There are a few chunks of buildings but the rest of the map is pitch black. I'm using the android version. Not sure about the other guy.
inferno8
Art Contributor

Post by inferno8 »

To Lands Unknown is now available for the Battle for Wesnoth 1.15.1.

Please note that 1.15.1 is the development version of Wesnoth, so "it is geared towards veteran players and content creators who wish to try out the latest additions to the game. Updates are not guaranteed to be stable and may include game-breaking changes".

TLU has been ported to 1.15.1 directly from 1.14.x which means it may be unstable/buggy. If you encounter anything unusual, report it please, so all issues can be fixed in time before the final BfW 1.16 stable release is ready. ;)
Creator of Era of Magic

BTIsaac

Post by BTIsaac »

inferno8 wrote: September 14th, 2019, 10:35 am TLU has been ported to 1.15.1 directly from 1.14.x which means it may be unstable/buggy. If you encounter anything unusual, report it please, so all issues can be fixed in time before the final BfW 1.16 stable release is ready. ;)
Any bug fixes to be expected for the 1.14 version any time soon?
inferno8
Art Contributor

Post by inferno8 »

BTIsaac wrote: September 16th, 2019, 5:12 pm Any bug fixes to be expected for the 1.14 version any time soon?
TLU is still maintained for 1.14. There will be patches available in the future.
BTIsaac wrote: September 2nd, 2019, 12:53 pm it looks like almost NONE of the background images render. There are a few chunks of buildings but the rest of the map is pitch black. I'm using the android version. Not sure about the other guy.
I know that the android port is slightly different from the standard PC version, so it may handle terrain graphics differently. TLU's target platform is PC and I can assure you it works pretty well there. I have never tried the android port yet, but once I do, I'll try to find the solution. Unfortunately this isn't going to happen anytime soon as I have other priorities right now, so please be patient or try playing TLU on a different platform.
Creator of Era of Magic

BTIsaac

Post by BTIsaac »

inferno8 wrote: September 16th, 2019, 6:10 pm I know that the android port is slightly different from the standard PC version, so it may handle terrain graphics differently. TLU's target platform is PC and I can assure you it works pretty well there. I have never tried the android port yet, but once I do, I'll try to find the solution. Unfortunately this isn't going to happen anytime soon as I have other priorities right now, so please be patient or try playing TLU on a different platform.
Once i get a different platform. I haven't had a decent PC since 2012.

Edit: okay just remembered i should probably point this out: backgrounds for the 1.12 version worked with no problems.
Tom01

Post by Tom01 »

I noticed a bug in the Tal-Tabar scenario. Safir the Banisher cannot seem to banish the Efreeti summoned as his banish attack has 0 attacks. After the first attack fails to work he can no longer attack for some reason.

Great campaign btw, just sad that I can't continue it because of this bug.