To Lands Unknown 3.9

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

zookeeper
WML Wizard

Re: To Lands Unknown

Post by zookeeper »

You could easily add a note to the campaign name and/or description in the campaign menu which says that you need to get EoMa in case you don't have it.

Code: Select all

#ifnhave ~add-ons/Era_of_Magic/_main.cfg
<You don't have Era of Magic>
#endif
inferno8
Art Contributor

Post by inferno8 »

zookeeper wrote:You could easily add a note to the campaign name and/or description in the campaign menu which says that you need to get EoMa in case you don't have it.
Great! I didn't know about #ifnhave thing. Thank you ;)
IPS wrote:Im playing in the hardest level and it sometimes likes to easy
I am sure you won't be able to win scenario 14 (Far North) on this level of difficulty. Only normal level is balanced. If you have any ideas how to make other levels more balanced, tell me.
Creator of Era of Magic
Creator of To Lands Unknown

Support me on Ko-fi! https://ko-fi.com/inferno8
Captain_Wrathbow

Post by Captain_Wrathbow »

Sounds great, screenshots look amazing.
Downloading now, and will wait until I have played a bit before giving too much praise.... :wink:
bigkahuna

Post by bigkahuna »

Spoiler:
My game crashed again after that scenario was over. Maybe the graphics are too overwhelming for the game engine at times... Still, this is at the top of my campaign list :wink:

EDIT:
Spoiler:
On the Mag-Magar attack scenario, there is a "loosed" in there... I forgot the context but I remember that it was misplaced.
Last edited by bigkahuna on October 6th, 2010, 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my campaign Sweet Revenge!
Join the new R2D forum!
Matherton

Post by Matherton »

Great campaign! I am stuck on Mag-Magar at the moment... I am not convinced that it is hopeless YET, but I am somewhat discouraged. I may start over... but regardless, lovely work!
Matherton

Post by Matherton »

I have decided to start over... I am currently doing the scenario Southern Nations, and I have just realized that the Efreeti you get in this scenario don't appear later on your recall list... do they? I should admit that I haven't been paying much attention to the storyline, so it is possible that there is a reason for this, but... it would be really cool if you could keep them. Also, if memory serves, you don't get to keep the lizards you rescue in a later scenario... also, is there any such thing as carryover gold in this campaign or do you start each scenario with a set amount? I know that most of the scenarios (at least most of the ones I've seen so far) have unlimited turns, so there is presumably no early-finish bonus, but you could get a flat % of remaining gold. I apologize if this is the case already and it has simply escaped my observation...
I'm not sure that any of these remarks are exactly criticism, especially since I am really enjoying this campaign, but they are my ruminations on the thing thus far, and as such may be useful to you.
bigkahuna

Post by bigkahuna »

Matherton wrote:...I have just realized that the Efreeti you get in this scenario don't appear later on your recall list... do they?
Also, if memory serves, you don't get to keep the lizards you rescue in a later scenario...

also, is there any such thing as carryover gold in this campaign or do you start each scenario with a set amount? I know that most of the scenarios (at least most of the ones I've seen so far) have unlimited turns, so there is presumably no early-finish bonus, but you could get a flat % of remaining gold. I apologize if this is the case already and it has simply escaped my observation...
You don't get the Efreetis :(
You don't get the lizards either :(
You do get carryover gold, however; unless they don't want you to (a.k.a want you to start with a set amount). You don't get early finish bonuses, of course. Just a 80% or 40% carryover.
Join the new R2D forum!
IPS

Post by IPS »

inferno8 wrote:
IPS wrote:Im playing in the hardest level and it sometimes likes to easy
I am sure you won't be able to win scenario 14 (Far North) on this level of difficulty. Only normal level is balanced. If you have any ideas how to make other levels more balanced, tell me.
I have almost died in the 2nd map in that siege of lizards in the sand (wtf a lv1 summoner upgaraded to the lv3 in only a map!!) That summoner was very very useful to survive (I got a heavy one, it gives magic res to your alies units).

I got the magical Scimitar 14-3 with my leader in that mision of exploring the ancestral's cave. I need to finish the map soon =)
Creator of: Deathmatch new in 1.12 server.
Co-creator of: Era of Magic in 1.16 server
Developer of: Empires in 1.12 server, Ageless Era in 1.10 to 1.16 servers (but innactive recently)
Try My winning Orocia Guide
inferno8
Art Contributor

Post by inferno8 »

bigkahuna wrote:You don't get the Efreetis :(
You don't get the lizards either :(
Spoiler:
bigkahuna wrote:You do get carryover gold, however; unless they don't want you to (a.k.a want you to start with a set amount). You don't get early finish bonuses, of course. Just a 80% or 40% carryover.
That's right.
Matherton wrote:I'm not sure that any of these remarks are exactly criticism, especially since I am really enjoying this campaign, but they are my ruminations on the thing thus far, and as such may be useful to you.
And they are. Keep posting them, if you find something else ;)
Creator of Era of Magic

firefox

Post by firefox »

hi, i have wesnoth 1.8.

i have killed the matriarch of emptiness in the scenario 'Mag-Magar' three times and know i can't continue.
the screen is black and there are no other units exept mehir. :augh:
may the source be with you
=(^.^)= nyan~
bigkahuna

Post by bigkahuna »

firefox wrote:hi, i have wesnoth 1.8.

i have killed the matriarch of emptiness in the scenario 'Mag-Magar' three times and know i can't continue.
the screen is black and there are no other units exept mehir.
Spoiler:
Join the new R2D forum!
shadowhawke

Post by shadowhawke »

Spoiler:
inferno8
Art Contributor

Post by inferno8 »

@shadowhawke: which version of BfW do you have? Could you tell me more details about that 'weird error'?
Creator of Era of Magic

IPS

Post by IPS »

I friend has comment once about the campaing: the Rhami and the Summoners are that useful to don't recruit Cammels riders, Carpet riders or Water elementals because they must be almost totally useless.

I was thinking in his comment and I tought I was playing with only summoners and with some Rhamis only.

I used only the carpet riders and the Cammel riders in the 3rd map (when you help the lizards againist the barbarians) there was an anoying Cyclop Destroyer and slowing it was very very useful to kill it after and the cammel riders arrive easly to the enemies. But after that map, I did not used more the cammel riders ... after when the game started to be hard, I used only my high level summoners and after when I could recruit Rhamis I did ... but many maps with only summoners and I beated all those maps in the hardest level.
bigkahuna wrote:I'm playing this in 1.8.4, all I can say is that it is completely awesome. The multi-hex art is completely unique and incredible, and I love the units (have never played era of magic before this)!

I could have died laughing when the saurian got clubbed across the screen :wink:

No errors so far, which I think is great for a campaign just recently posted on the add-on server.

EDIT: Major error - playing third scenario with orcs/cyclops vs lizards with me thrown in.

Game crashed during saurian/lizard/wyvern turn... just shut off unexplainably.

Stderr.txt says:
20101003 17:49:43 error config: Invalid alignment found for I8 fake_wave1: ''
could not make neutral surface...
I think I know what happened, make you sure to have ALL the TLU complements, they are necesary to play the campaign.

If you don't have a complement in a X map you will have a error and not continue.
Creator of: Deathmatch new in 1.12 server.
Co-creator of: Era of Magic in 1.16 server
Developer of: Empires in 1.12 server, Ageless Era in 1.10 to 1.16 servers (but innactive recently)
Try My winning Orocia Guide
bigkahuna

Post by bigkahuna »

IPS wrote:the Rhami and the Summoners are that useful to don't recruit Cammels riders, Carpet riders or Water elementals because they must be almost totally useless.
Camel Riders are very useful for me - they can have a stronger melee (sometimes range) than novice summoners, and move faster. Carpet Riders are VERY useful for slowing and ZOCing. Water elementals heal +4 and are the only healing units, so I would not say that they are useless :wink:

The Rhami are only useful for what they level into later (or for picking up a secret item in a level I won't tell you), and their 4-4 attack which can sometimes be useful.

Also, you can summon rhami and elements adjacent to a summoning unit, which is easier than making them walk from a keep (if you are far away).
IPS wrote: think I know what happened, make you sure to have ALL the TLU complements, they are necesary to play the campaign.
No, I reloaded campaign and worked fine. Temporary error, I guess. Besides, I downloaded from the full-compiled file on the first page.
Join the new R2D forum!