To Lands Unknown 3.9

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

sur.nhm

Re: To Lands Unknown v1.5.6; v1.4.5

Post by sur.nhm »

Wayirr wrote:Water God potential portrait. I have asked Saurrian (artist nickname) to draw it, but I do not know if it's good enough or appropriate for inclusion. The author agrees for this work to be distributed under a free license (CC-BY-SA, GPL, MIT or whatever). Ask if you need something... maybe source (unfortunately, photoshop format, 2x bigger)?
I found http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=24555 this spec, is it same for Era of Magic?
Spoiler:
These are the correct specs - in fact, these are the mainline's specs. Anyway, IIRC we'll need a source in .png format. Also, to my untrained eyes, the portraits look beautiful, but you should probably wait for Espreon's approval, since he's maintaining EoMa (I8's on Wesbreak), and that's where those portraits belong. I'll post a link to your post in EoMa's thread.
I'm not really around any more, but you can find me in TvTropes.
AxalaraFlame

Post by AxalaraFlame »

This would be pretty good IMO. Is that artist paid or a volunteer?
Espreon
Inactive Developer

Post by Espreon »

Wayirr wrote:Water God potential portrait. I have asked Saurrian (artist nickname) to draw it, but I do not know if it's good enough or appropriate for inclusion. The author agrees for this work to be distributed under a free license (CC-BY-SA, GPL, MIT or whatever). Ask if you need something... maybe source (unfortunately, photoshop format, 2x bigger)?
I found http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=24555 this spec, is it same for Era of Magic?
Spoiler:
Hello; I thank you and Saurrian for these portraits. Inferno8 told me to include one of the darker ones, so would you please ask Saurrian for the transparent versions of them?

Thank you very much.
Wayirr

Post by Wayirr »

Anyway, IIRC we'll need a source in .png format.
The source in photoshop format, but there are some chances, GIMP would let you open it. Were it be converted to PNG, it would be no source, but compilation (layer information would be lost)
Is that artist paid or a volunteer?
If it were paid, I'd ask for entire set of portrait, for example 4x3 (all three levels of four types elementals). But there're only Water God.
Inferno8 told me to include one of the darker ones, so would you please ask Saurrian for the transparent versions of them?
What do you mean exactly? Specify the resolution and other specs. With or without snow flakes? There are some, like frozen sparks of water...
Do you need the photoshop source with layers.(some chances it will work well with GIMP)?

Also I need some more information about EoM water gods. Are they real gods or more like strong water spirits? What they can and can't do? Why are they made of ice instead of liquid water? Is there any other info I can find, except their rather short in-game description?
Espreon
Inactive Developer

Post by Espreon »

Wayirr wrote: What do you mean exactly? Specify the resolution and other specs. With or without snow flakes? There are some, like frozen sparks of water...
We want the transparent version of the darker one with the “snowflakes”... with the typical transparent portrait specs, of course.
Also I need some more information about EoM water gods. Are they real gods or more like strong water spirits? What they can and can't do? Why are they made of ice instead of liquid water? Is there any other info I can find, except their rather short in-game description?
Sadly, only inferno8 would know everything you need to know, so I suggest that you PM him. As to whether or not they’re gods, I believe they’re just powerful elementals; not gods, but I’d check with inferno8 to be sure.

Thanks again.
plastic

Post by plastic »

Sorry if this is the wrong place, as you can see in a complete newbie and this is the best place I could find to post. I didnt want to start a whole new thread in technical support.

Any way, I just downloaded To lands Unknown and got this error report: "unit type not found: 18 AK_summonerlll" any way I can fix this please?
Alarantalara
Art Contributor

Post by Alarantalara »

plastic wrote:Sorry if this is the wrong place, as you can see in a complete newbie and this is the best place I could find to post. I didnt want to start a whole new thread in technical support.

Any way, I just downloaded To lands Unknown and got this error report: "unit type not found: 18 AK_summonerlll" any way I can fix this please?
Have you also downloaded Era of Magic? It is required for this campaign.
exspline

Post by exspline »

Question: I'm not sure if it's a bug or just a playability issue (I assume the latter), but I'm playing TLU on Wesnoth 1.10.1, and in the "Chaos" mission there seems to be no resolution. There's no discernible way to approach (or defeat) Aerius. There is a marker on a fortress hex, but moving Mehir (or the L4 Rhami) to that hex, before or after the abyss-suction event, doesn't do anything. The bridge area near that hex is inaccessible. I've tried letting various troops fall into the red abyss, but that does nothing either.

I finished-off the enemy troops around turn 8 or so, and then I tried waiting until turn 22 or so before losing patience. I've played this mission a number of times, trying different approaches with the same basic results, but I can't seem to complete it.
sur.nhm

Post by sur.nhm »

exspline wrote:Question: I'm not sure if it's a bug or just a playability issue (I assume the latter), but I'm playing TLU on Wesnoth 1.10.1, and in the "Chaos" mission there seems to be no resolution. There's no discernible way to approach (or defeat) Aerius. There is a marker on a fortress hex, but moving Mehir (or the L4 Rhami) to that hex, before or after the abyss-suction event, doesn't do anything. The bridge area near that hex is inaccessible. I've tried letting various troops fall into the red abyss, but that does nothing either.

I finished-off the enemy troops around turn 8 or so, and then I tried waiting until turn 22 or so before losing patience. I've played this mission a number of times, trying different approaches with the same basic results, but I can't seem to complete it.
This is, as far as I can tell, a bug; a look at the scenario's code makes it clear that Rashti should trigger an event and kill Aerius when she's moved to 13,21 after being moved to 15,23. Do you have TLU and EoMa's latest versions?
I'm not really around any more, but you can find me in TvTropes.
Drakefriend

Post by Drakefriend »

Meanwhile:
I finally finished the German translation!
(Files already sent to Espreon)
After far too long an absence, I have returned.
According to the quiz 100% Silver Mage (85% Archmage, 75% Shyde, 67% Flameheart and Ancient Wose,58% Assassin, Troll Warrior and Berserker). And my top score is exactly how I see myself.
Naron

Post by Naron »

Hi all.
I am new to the forum, and I started playing Battle for Wesnoth (version 1.10.2) for weeks on a Debian Linux system.
I have a little problem, I can not play add-on To Lands Unknown (version 1.5.6). I reached the third scenario, Southern Nations.
And every time it ends with the message: Mehir! You thief! Take him! This happens after the end of the first fight of lizards and Barbarians, before I get to involved in combat.
It is a bug or am I wrong somewhere?
PS: sorry if I express myself wrong, English is not my native language.
Dwarven_Void

Post by Dwarven_Void »

That dialogue should only occur if you take one of Jaffar's villages. Are you taking any?
If not, it's a bug. I don't know what causes it, as mine works perfectly.
Naron

Post by Naron »

Thanks for the reply. No, I do not take any of the villages of Jaffar. So I guess it's a bug.
But then how can I continue to play? It's very frustrating.
AxalaraFlame

Post by AxalaraFlame »

Hello Inferno! A summer has passed. U must have made the destroyers and released the new version, right?
gooby

Post by gooby »

I understand that taking one of Jaffar's villages could be a defeat condition. It should be mentioned explicitly in the defeat conditions, however.