To Lands Unknown 3.9

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

inferno8
Art Contributor

Re: To Lands Unknown 3.1 - a new gameplay mode!

Post by inferno8 »

Hello, gwen42 and thank you for reporting these issues ;) A patch will be delivered this weekend.
Last edited by inferno8 on July 13th, 2018, 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Creator of Era of Magic
Creator of To Lands Unknown

Support me on Ko-fi! https://ko-fi.com/inferno8
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Highest Tiers
Advanced units cost upkeep.
viewtopic.php?p=627036#p627036

The safe mode for the cut scene afterwards didn't work, Wesnoth still died. :(

Near the Jungle
Why is the bridge (over the paint) unwalkable?
As long as Rhaxiz is on the map I can't win, because 'Kill all enemy units' is not possbile when you have a hitchance of 0% vs one of them. (Maybe say 'Survive until turns end' and add the killing them all after Rhaxiz is gone?)
And 'Survive until turns run out.' has a period too much. D:
And the Badass-mode makes me lose out on a Fire elemental, two Novice Summoners and a Camel Rider. :(

Southern Nations
Jaffar said that they'd have been faster if their fire elementals had not been weakened by the tropical climate. So, no fire elemental ban for the badass mode?
inferno8
Art Contributor

Post by inferno8 »

Konrad2 wrote: July 12th, 2018, 7:58 am Near the Jungle
Why is the bridge (over the paint) unwalkable?
Because its vertical offset does not match hexes in a desirable way. Maybe I'll change it, but this is not a top priority as this part of the map is purely decorative and its tactical usage is minimal in my opinion.
Konrad2 wrote: July 12th, 2018, 7:58 am As long as Rhaxiz is on the map I can't win, because 'Kill all enemy units' is not possbile when you have a hitchance of 0% vs one of them. (Maybe say 'Survive until turns end' and add the killing them all after Rhaxiz is gone?)
Good point.
Konrad2 wrote: July 12th, 2018, 7:58 am Southern Nations
Jaffar said that they'd have been faster if their fire elementals had not been weakened by the tropical climate. So, no fire elemental ban for the badass mode?
Yes, you should be able to use Fire Elementals freely in the badass mode.
Creator of Era of Magic

Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Fun fact: The paint of the circle in 'Near the Jungle' is unwalkable, but the paint of the circle in 'Southern Nations' is walkable.
Btw, Jaffars recruits blocking my keep is a problem.
Right, why did the Summoners woodcutting stuff if they are just using Fire Elementals?

Cleave can't kill. Why?
Attachments
TLU-Southern Nations replay.gz
(81.7 KiB) Downloaded 431 times
inferno8
Art Contributor

Post by inferno8 »

The paint in Southern Nations should be unwalkable too. Thanks for reporting.
Jaffar's recruits will avoid Player's keep in the next version.
Summoners need woodcutting equipment because usage of fire elementals turned out to be problematic in a wet environment.
Cleave no longer kills friendly units. This is intentional.
Creator of Era of Magic

Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Fire Canyon
One of my units died because it automoved on the bridge.
Spoiler:
Ka-Gatta
Spoiler:
inferno8
Art Contributor

Post by inferno8 »

To Lands Unknown 3.1.1 is now available!

This version focuses mostly on fixing bugs reported by the community so far. I'd like to thank Konrad2 and gwen42 for the feedback - I really appreciate that! :)

The changelog:

Code: Select all

Version 3.1.1
- Scenarios
	> scenario 01 - Highiest Tiers:
		* fixed incorrect Mehir's movepoints in badass mode
		* fixed advanced units upkeep cost
	> scenario 03 - Near the Jungle:
		* improved objectives
	> scenario 04 - Southern Nations:
		* Jaffar's troops try to not block Mehir's keep
		* made the great circle unwalkable
	> scenario 06 - Fire Canyon:
		* put friendly units on the bridge (if any) to the recall list
	> scenario 08 - Ka-Gatta:
		* fixed Spear Guardian trying to block access to the Spear in badass mode
		* fixed incorrect speaker inside scimitar event
	> scenario 16 - Defense of Saffaros:
		* added healers (lvl1) to Dedylos' side to spice things up

- General
	* fixed side issues for Dharma'rashti in badass mode (she can be weakened by player now)

- Translations
	* updated the raw translation file for translators
	* updated the Polish translation
@Konrad2: the game crashing on the cutscene in the Central Palace scenario hasn't been fixed as everything is correct code-wise. I suspect it may be caused by previous cutscenes (author and a carped ride cutscenes). I suggest playing that scenario after restarting the game, until I do something about it.
Creator of Era of Magic

Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Re: To Lands Unknown 3.1.1 - a new gameplay mode!

Post by Konrad2 »

Ka-gatta
Semir (that Summoner who's Ghost attacks me) has a Statue. Mehir comments on the irony of the 'rest in peace' part, considering that they "just now fought" his Ghost. I'm still fighting that Ghost though.

Short question: This scenario is supposed to be a place to stock up on Dimensional Gates, right? (Btw why do DG II need 26 xp? It's not like they care about the lvl of the killed unit.)

...why is there an earth elemental with the carpet? How did it even get there?

Maybe add the 'Mehir can't have a Jinn yet' at the beginning of the scenario. You have so many Gates, so using one to create a Jinn isn't farfetched.

'Advances the unit' special of special things does not work on max level units.

Godess of all Rhamis
Mehir: ...was supposed to be a rescue mission rather, so weren't quite in a rush...
The missing word aside, what kind of rescue mission is this if you are not in a rush?
Stormblessed

Post by Stormblessed »

This is one of the few campaigns I've played through multiple times. (I think twice). Years and years ago it feels like.

I saw "New gameplay mode" and got very curious. But the first level itself is very different than the last time I played it.

I guess it would be the original first level with carpets and normal novice summoners vs the mysterious air mage.

I am curious, was it just some parts that were polished a la the first level and most of the campaign is intact as before? Because if there was another earlier massive overhaul that I haven't played through yet than I don't need to play "Badass mode" But if only the trappings have been changed than "Badass mode" might be a good choice to help make things more interesting for me.

I hope my question made sense.

Btw the background of the new first level is absolutely incredible and I love it!
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

Stormblessed wrote: July 17th, 2018, 10:38 pm I saw "New gameplay mode" and got very curious. But the first level itself is very different than the last time I played it.

I guess it would be the original first level with carpets and normal novice summoners vs the mysterious air mage.
The original first level is still there, except now it is now a second level (the current first level is more of a prologue)
Stormblessed wrote: July 17th, 2018, 10:38 pmI am curious, was it just some parts that were polished a la the first level and most of the campaign is intact as before? Because if there was another earlier massive overhaul that I haven't played through yet than I don't need to play "Badass mode" But if only the trappings have been changed than "Badass mode" might be a good choice to help make things more interesting for me.
The first two very changed significantly, but the rest are mostly the same, with improved dialog. Also, there are a few more dialog scenarios compared to the early versions.
Stormblessed wrote: July 17th, 2018, 10:38 pm Btw the background of the new first level is absolutely incredible and I love it!
I absolutely agree.
My active add-ons: The Great Steppe Era,XP Bank,Alliances Mod,Pestilence,GSE+EoMa,Ogre Crusaders,Battle Royale,EoMaifier,Steppeifier,Hardcoreifier
My inactive add-ons (1.12): Tale of Alan, The Golden Age
Co-creator of Era of Magic
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Banisher, unit description:
'Abilities: circle of banishment, , ,'
Lot's of commata. #3060

Chaos
Spoiler:
'...I suggest electing one of as a temporary leader of Tar-Tabar.'

Siege of Mag-Magar
Every Ho'rhami I have get's duplicated and placed as a starter unit for my ally.
TLU-Siege of Mag-Magar-Auto-Save1.gz
(156.8 KiB) Downloaded 347 times
I can still recall/recruit my units after the circle breaks.
The Living Gate is once more inactive (the spawned gates start moving in turn 9 though).
TLU-Siege of Mag-Magar-Auto-Save7.gz
(179.2 KiB) Downloaded 317 times
Can the player get a bonus for the number of surviving civilians?
TLU-Siege of Mag-Magar replay.gz
(119.16 KiB) Downloaded 358 times

Description of 'magic absorber': Area around is this unit is mostly purged from most kinds of magic.
Too much 'most' in one sentence for my taste. :(

Abyssal Rebellion
'..and yet they feel for your shallow promises...' Did you mean 'fell'?
Why would a Great Jinni be convinced by Reciful? Btw, the description of any Jinni still refer to 'Jinns'.

Chaos Hydra: Compared to (Great) Hydra, the order of the attack specials of 'bite' has changed. Normal: swarm, triple strike, drain. Chaos Hdyra: swarm, drain, triple strike.

Dimensional gates can earn XP when they are being hit by a triple strike (as a secondary target). This is also true for cleave attacks.
While the xp get's wiped by the start of someone elses turn, you theoretically can level up a Dimensional Gate without it having to kill something.

Triple strike can drain from secondary targets, even if that target is magical or whatever says that the can't be drained.
And draining a secondary target removes all applied debuffs (to the hdyra). Your hydra is slowed or poisoned? No problem! Just let it drain a secondary target. (This really sucks is 'Defense of Saffaros' when you use a row of water elementals with melee slow as defense.)
Also: After the fight is over, the secondary targets hp is set to 'hp before fight - dmg done by first secondary hit'. So every hit after the first one doesn't count, unless you kill the secondary target.

Why are there two Cyclops Goliath units which are exactly the same?

Defense of Saffaros
Why is 28,29 a Keep, instead of a flooded Ruined Keep?
'40% of gold carried over to the next scenario.' -> Actual carryover is 100%.

I don't think Great Warlocks should be able to advance to Master of Darkness in the campaign, as this is a title that you are 'granted' by their Dark Gods (along with some powers), instead of something you can achieve.

Siege of Kharos
The first spell the Master of Darkness casts looks similar to the thing in 'Chaos', but it's in white. (Same for Rashtis first jumping up the wall...but that was green.)
It's funny and depressing that the Kharosians are cheerleaders even though they are the ones getting sieged...
37,25 is a village on the 'right' side of the map. The purple enemy has it's keep close to it. That village belongs to the blue enemy ('left' side of the map) from turn 1 on. Why? {STARTING_VILLAGES_AREA 4 37 25 2}
Btw, {STARTING_VILLAGES 2 8} would be fine with {STARTING_VILLAGES 2 6}, because the only village you reach with 8 is given to side 4 anyway, because his village area contains that village and it's declared after side 2. (Still checking if I'm right about this.) (I'm not sure, but whatever.)
Dharma'Rashti want's to kick Tharis butt, but is allied with them. Uhm. I understand now.
I'd like you to take a look at the base of the Kharos Wall, your placement/start of 'flat, impassable' tiles is pretty counterintuitive.

Summon circles: This thing is always at least at the height of a flat hex, no matter if the Summoner is standing on a swamp or drowning in shallow water.
Additionally, Summons Masters stand at the same height of their Summon circle, so they can apparently walk on water/swamps.

Wut. This hapens when Mehir is hit as a secondary target of bite (triple strike).
wut.png

Sky Kingdom
Could you please make the number of units in a group no less than 4? I don't feel too good about almost losing a Great Jinni in turn 1, with him and the Efreeti next to him guaranteed to die in turn 2. ._. (A position where 5 Cosmic Eyes can reach in turn 1 just sucks...too many Cosmic Eyes...)
After the water mage dies because of the Golem his keep disappears. The terrain is now called 'chasm', which is not reflected visually. :)

North Pole
Mehir is freezing even with a Fire Avatar next to him.

Why does Mehir not heal when he picks the Gate advancement?

Ruins
My first unit to be attacked was a Dimensional Gate II. It talked after it won. You might want to add some code so it defaults to Rashti or Mehir talking when a Dimensional Gate (II) is the first one to be attacked. :)
If Rashti is our of balance, but both halves are within the circle, then only the blue half will be teleported together with you. (You will somehow still have a complete Rashti next scenario.)

Epilogue
At some point the Guru just says 'Erm... Pardon?' I feel that something is missing, maybe Mehir should have said something?

PS: Sorry for reporting that much, xD
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Because I can't do more attachments in my previous post:
Missing crater in the Sky Kingdom
wesnoth-20180720-180657-5964.log
18:09
(5.44 KiB) Downloaded 341 times
Ruins
TLU-Ruins replay.gz
(205.94 KiB) Downloaded 319 times
inferno8
Art Contributor

Post by inferno8 »

Thank you Konrad2 for this amazing feedback - you are great! :D

Some of the entries are EoMa-related. I'll comment on the other ones.The patch is being developed as we speak, but I want to clarify some things.

Chaos:
Spoiler:
Siege of Mag-Magar:
Spoiler:
Konrad2 wrote: July 18th, 2018, 9:18 am Why would a Great Jinni be convinced by Reciful?
This unit is below lvl3 so it can be still affected.
Konrad2 wrote: July 18th, 2018, 9:18 am Why are there two Cyclops Goliath units which are exactly the same?
The other one is used for Krog, the one sending lizards flying in Southern Nations. I think it would be easier to use a single instance of that unit type and apply an object with extra_anim, but that's low priority right now.
Konrad2 wrote: July 18th, 2018, 9:18 am Summon circles: This thing is always at least at the height of a flat hex, no matter if the Summoner is standing on a swamp or drowning in shallow water.
Additionally, Summons Masters stand at the same height of their Summon circle, so they can apparently walk on water/swamps.
I am not sure if I get it right, but you probably comment on the way the game handles halos. Unfortunately it can't be helped right now as I believe it would require a new game feature, which would allow rendering such effects not on top of everything but in a more suitable layer.
Creator of Era of Magic

Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

inferno8 wrote: July 21st, 2018, 8:58 am Siege of Mag-Magar:
Spoiler:
There are three keeps with castles on the map, even after the circle is destroyed. :D I just have to kill the respective enemy leader first and use her keep. :)
Konrad2 wrote: July 18th, 2018, 9:18 am Additionally, Summons Masters stand at the same height of their Summon circle, so they can apparently walk on water/swamps.
I am not sure if I get it right, but you probably comment on the way the game handles halos. Unfortunately it can't be helped right now as I believe it would require a new game feature, which would allow rendering such effects not on top of everything but in a more suitable layer.
Mostly yes. But maybe not, regarding the Summons Master. I'll just take a picture.
Attachments
You see why I call this flying?
You see why I call this flying?
Last edited by Konrad2 on March 5th, 2019, 12:36 pm, edited 5 times in total.
inferno8
Art Contributor

Post by inferno8 »

To Lands Unknown 3.1.2 is now available!

This release delivers a big portion of bugfixes. You need to update TLU Resources - pt.1 too!
I'd like to thank Konrad2 for his incredible feedback and commitment. He tested the add-on in a quite detailed way allowing me to improve the campaign even further, thank you! :) Some of this feedback is EoMa-related so you can expect a patch for the era soon.

Changelog:

Code: Select all

Version 3.1.2
- Scenarios
	> scenario 08 - Ka-Gatta:
		* enemies no longer spawn near the Golden Carpet
		* Mehir comments on the Ghost's monolith inscription only if the Ghost is defeated
		* added a note about Dimensional Gates in case players acquired them during the scenario
		* improved artifact descriptions (added a note that advancing a unit via an artifact works only for units below their max level)
	> scenario 09 - Goddess of all Rhamis:
		* tweaked a piece of dialog
	> scenario 10 - Chaos:
		* player's turn is no longer skipped on gate activation
	> scenario 12 - Siege of Mag-Magar:
		* fixed Ho'Rhamis being duplicated on scenario start
		* changed Living Gate's AI to make it more active on the battlefield
	> scenario 16 - Defense of Saffaros:
		* fixed incorrect gold carryover percentage
	> scenario 17 - Siege of Kharos:
		* removed one of enemy villages
		* Great Warlocks can no longer advance normally
	> scenario 19 - Sky Kingdom:
		* Cosmic Eyes spawn further from player
		* player's troops arrive in packs of 4 instead of 3
		* fixed missing crater image
	> scenario 22 - North Pole:
		* reimplemented the freezing effect on living troops (as it was missing for some unknown reason)
	> scenario 23 - Ruins:
		* simplified a piece of dialog
		* made Rashti halves rejoin in the final stage of the battle and made resulting True Rashti invincible
	> scenario 24 - Epilogue:
		* added a missing piece of dialog

- General
	* fixed typos

- Code
	* removed Krog unit type

- Translations
	* updated the raw translation file for translators
	* updated the Polish translation
Creator of Era of Magic